Season ticket holders could have a case... (1 Viewer)

rupert_bear

Apparently if ccfc go ahead and play their home fixture elsewhere season ticket holders could have a case to sue the owner for a breach of contract or something like that. So should it happen takes just one season ticket holder to take up a test case with about 7000 waiting in the wings for the result, might prove to be very expensive for Joy and co.

sky_blue_up_north

Said that when it was first muted, only needs one fan to set the president, we all get a refund. Wonder how it impacts distance fans like me, where Walsall for example is a lot nearer....

rob9872

Just ensure that you bring your case against the right company! Could be a lengthy and expensive process with no real victory apart from proving a point or damaged pride.

sky_blue_up_north

Surely would be in the small claims courts as the single value would be very low, so very little expense.

rob9872

.... and your recourse if they don't rule in your favour at the small claims? You would also need to reecover costs which could be a lengthy process and I imagine they would amount to more than the value of the claim. My guess is also that they can afford a slightly superior brief to most of us.

chiefdave

Apparently if ccfc go ahead and play their home fixture elsewhere season ticket holders could have a case to sue the owner for a breach of contract or something like that. So should it happen takes just one season ticket holder to take up a test case with about 7000 waiting in the wings for the result, might prove to be very expensive for Joy and co.

Would it not be a good idea to wait and see what happens first? If, and I still think it's a big if, we play home games away from the Ricoh who knows what the club will annonce. If they offer those with tickets the choice of free travel or a refund I can't see there being much of a case for suing the club.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Tickets are purchased from CCFC Ltd. Surely unless purchased on credit card (not sure even then) season ticket holders would sue as unsecured creditors of CCFC Limited which is in administration with huge debts and very few assets. Am sorry to say it but dont think you would get a penny

ajsccfc

If they can sidestep a company demanding over a million pounds, I imagine they could dismiss me at a moment's notice.

rupert_bear

Why would any fan want to put the club in more trouble though? Am I missing something here?
Why would any football club owner send it's most loyal customers round the midlands to watch their team and wouldn't a case be against sisu who decided that course of action, they would have to pay as the football club haven't got a pot to piss in.

S

skyblue2k

Credit and debit card holders can submit a claim and the value would be the full season ticket value, you could only do this if the remaining games were not played at the Ricoh.

But i would prefer to watch them play, so will go where ever the last 3 games will be held.

Last edited by a moderator:

sky_blue_up_north

I'm playing devils advocate here, to be honest 3 games, am going to be that fussed no, not worth the effort, been a whole season might of been. I agree if the case was won doubt you'd get a penny back.

Tank Top

I Agree.
Season tickets were purchased to watch the Sky Blues play at the Ricoh in Coventry, the Ricoh is avaliable for the last three matches, so why should the fans have to bear the cost and inconvenience of playing out of town, I cannot understand the league allowing this to happen when the Ricoh stands empty, and as usual it will be the fans who will made to suffer through no fault of their own.

BrisbaneBronco

I feel sorry for those fans who are inconvenienced, but, at the end of the day if it is St Andrews, it is only a short trip up the road and for 3 games.
Next season you can decide what to do.

ericagradus

Tickets are purchased from CCFC Ltd. Surely unless purchased on credit card (not sure even then) season ticket holders would sue as unsecured creditors of CCFC Limited which is in administration with huge debts and very few assets. Am sorry to say it but dont think you would get a penny

Exactly the point I was going to make. Low down the creditors list and what recourse are you wanting as a fan. The cost of your season ticket proportioned to 3/23? The small claims court fee could be more!

fernandopartridge

Not really clear whether playing at the Ricoh is a condition of the contract in anycase. The season ticket is for Coventry City's home games. I am not sure how clear it is about where these home game should take place. The CCFC shop is currently down for 'essential maintenance'.

ericagradus

I feel sorry for those fans who are inconvenienced, but, at the end of the day if it is St Andrews, it is only a short trip up the road and for 3 games.
Remember not all season ticket holders are based in Coventry. I live in Northampton, this makes my commute even further

chiefdave

To be honest I'd probably go to at least one and hope that one day it's a weird footnote in the history of the club "remember that time we had to play 3 home games at St Andrews"

speedie87

Not sure you would have acclaim to be honest. Part of the contract would terms and conditions of the f lge apply, and as long as the f lge santion playing elsewhere that would be ok

Similarly the rules might be he club have to provide free transport

BrisbaneBronco

From memory, St Andrews has a good atmosphere, certainly better than Vile Park. Also if home games are moved I think FL rules are that club has to provide free transport.

Nick

Administrator
Would they not just refund for the last few games anyway? Would it be worth it for what, £50?

S

skyblue2k

There's a secret phrase that turns any credit card into a financial self-defence superhero. "Section 75" laws means your plastic must protect anything you buy over £100 for free, so if there's a problem or the company goes bust you can still get your money back.

You claim the money back from the credit card company and not the football club

Last edited by a moderator:

pw362

Just read the ccfc customer charter (On website).In the section about ticketing it says '3.12 No refunds will be issued on Season Tickets '

Users who are viewing this thread