Security a bit over the top? (1 Viewer)

east_midlands_skyblue

My season ticket has been checked 4 times between the turnstile and my seat today, including at the bottom and top of the stairs out of the concourse when I was the only person on the stairs and the guy watched me walk up. Are we paying for this? It seems a bit unnecessary and borderline offensive... it's not like I scream trouble maker! Anyone else getting this treatment or is it reserved for fat ginger geography teachers?

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Unusually so today, drive down from Ashby and the wife was getting on my nerves... rather sit in the quiet of the stadium than have her in my ear for another hour and struggle to park!
Hi . Peace too you man. LOL .

east_midlands_skyblue

Think he was behind me in the queue.

This is the first time I have been patted down in an age. Maybe something to do with that Westminster thing and the guy studying in Coventry and spreading his total incompetence to others.
I don't object to the pat down so much, but it's the insinuation when inside the ground that I'm trying to sit in the wrong seat? Or that I am so stupid I can't find it without their help. Still, gives people a job I suppose.

chiefdave

Fuck me, you get there early.
When I was a kid used to wander up to HR from town just in time for it opening. Used to love watching all the setup and warm ups.

Now I've got getting there just as the game starts down to a fine art.

Nick

Administrator
I just be the only person not bothered, just keep my ticket in my hand from turnstile to seat and go straight through.

For the search has anybody seen that video from the world cup where a bloke had and hid a fake cock that popped out when searched?

Otis

When I was a kid used to wander up to HR from town just in time for it opening. Used to love watching all the setup and warm ups.

Now I've got getting there just as the game starts down to a fine art.
Have to admit, a couple of times lately I have been here before the gates have even opened, but usually here about 14:05-14:15

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Think he was behind me in the queue.

This is the first time I have been patted down in an age. Maybe something to do with that Westminster thing and the guy studying in Coventry and spreading his total incompetence to others.
Your to kind Otis.
We let them into the country, feed them,give them a home and give them a education .
And then they shit on us.

Sbarcher

Trying to stop any Ginsters being smuggled in.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

4 ticket checks jeez, they really don’t know how to treat ‘customers’ still.

Getting 2/3 a game and being treated like I was visiting someone in Winston Green played a part in me chucking in the towel on my ST last year, appreciate they’re not directly employed by the club and when I raised at a game 2 years ago the ‘head’ steward informed me it’s down to “them lot over there” pointing towards the the corner bit of the stadium between the away end and main stand.

Nick

Administrator
4 ticket checks jeez, they really don’t know how to treat ‘customers’ still.

Getting 2/3 a game and being treated like I was visiting someone in Winston Green played a part in me chucking in the towel on my ST last year, appreciate they’re not directly employed by the club and when I raised at a game 2 years ago the ‘head’ steward informed me it’s down to “them lot over there” pointing towards the the corner bit of the stadium between the away end and main stand.

It isn't ccfc doing it to their customers, having tickets checked really isn't that bad. Just have it in your hand from the turnstile and show them and keep walking.

I don't think they really know what they are checking anyway

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

It isn't ccfc doing it to their customers, having tickets checked really isn't that bad. Just have it in your hand from the turnstile and show them and keep walking

But why?
Surely 2 max is required gate & at the top of a block.

Maybe it’s me but just as a ‘customer’ as they refer to us I found it all a bit naff and excessive.

Nick

Administrator
But why?
Surely 2 max is required gate & at the top of a block.

Maybe it’s me but just as a ‘customer’ as they refer to us I found it all a bit naff and excessive.

Guess it depends on the steward, I didn't have any this week but had 2 the first game.

It's not really a massive hassle, don't even need to stop walking

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Guess it depends on the steward, I didn't have any this week but had 2 the first game.

It's not really a massive hassle, don't even need to stop walking

Fair enough.

On a side note I’ve backed Davies first goal at your bookies will that ‘money’ be re credited or is it lost in my keenness?

pusbccfc

There's a bloke with a walkie-talkie getting a bit excited with power. Literally looking out for anyone he can confront. Most of the stewards are young lads who don't know what football is.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Hardly snow flake to say the dirty old MP types like being shit on is it? Stop trying to be cool and use modern phrases if you don't know what they mean.
Give it a break ffs.
Always about you isn't it.

Otis

Your to kind Otis.
We let them into the country, feed them,give them a home and give them a education .
And then they shit on us.
I have a homeless Latvian bloke living with us at the moment. 10 days to go and then he goes home to Latvia.

pusbccfc

For the first win of the season, against a following of 2000, that was a shocking atmosphere.

Something has to be done.

Users who are viewing this thread