Shaun Jeffers (1 Viewer)

suddsy101

Out of contract this season, not really ever got in first team, so can you see him featuring at all this season

sw88

Chief Commentator!
But why? .

Which part? Why I think we've kept him to long or why do i not think he can make it.

That said, i think the second question answers the first.

As for bit thinking he'll not make it; hes been here under countless managers. Hes also been on loan to Nuneaton (I think it was), Tamworth, and other lower division teams. Hes not made it at that level.

I saw him the pre season just gone and he was being used more as a winger, but still hasn't been called upon, upfront or out wide when we've been desperate in those positions.

stupot07

Which part? Why I think we've kept him to long or why do i not think he can make it.

That said, i think the second question answers the first.

As for bit thinking he'll not make it; hes been here under countless managers. Hes also been on loan to Nuneaton (I think it was), Tamworth, and other lower division teams. Hes not made it at that level.

I saw him the pre season just gone and he was being used more as a winger, but still hasn't been called upon, upfront or out wide when we've been desperate in those positions.

I'm not saying I rate him, I don't, and he's probably not good enough and won't make, I just don't see why people are keen to give philliskirk a chance, who is a year older and has a similar loan history and deemed not good enough by a fellow league one club who at the time had limited options upfront excluding Blackman. Even here he is currently only 6th or 7th choice behind Clarke, Elliott, ball, cody and Willis....and possibly Jeffers (we have no idea whether he is or not).

Jeffers is almost a year to the day younger.

If we hadnt sent Jeffers out on loan so early people wouldn't have already made their minds up on him. Nimely didn't go out on loan for the first time until he was 21 (Middlesbrough) which is a year older than Jeffers is now.

Sean Jeffers

2012/13 - aged 20
Loan to tamworth - started all 6 games.

2011/12
3 sub appearances ccfc aged 19
1 sub appearance ccfc aged 20

2010/11
Loan Cheltenham 5 starts 20 sub 2 goals aged 18
Loan Cambridge 2 subs aged 18

2009/10
Ccfc 1 start 1 sub aged 17
Ccfc 3 subs aged 18

Danny Philliskirk.

2012/13
Sheff utd 2 subs aged 21

2011/12 - aged 20
Sheff utd 1 start 2 subs
Oxford loan 2 starts 2 subs

2010/11
Oxford 1 sub aged 19
Sheff utd 3 sub aged 20

sw88

Chief Commentator!
My only issue around Philliskirk is that we've signed him in a short term contract, yet hes not kicked a ball for us yet! So not as easy to judge him, but want to be able to, if that makes sense.

Think Nimely is slightly different to both. Hes been on the books of a top team (yes I realise Philliskirk was with Chelsea at one point, but they realised they were throwing money away with that one).

Id like him (Jeffers) to do well; i just can't see it. And haven't seen it since the first time i seen him play

stupot07

It does makes sense SW, it's just people say Jeffers is poor because he couldn't get into Cheltenham or Cambridge sides....well he was only 18!

Like I said, he probably isn't good enough.

skybluegod

It does makes sense SW, it's just people say Jeffers is poor because he couldn't get into Cheltenham or Cambridge sides....well he was only 18!

Like I said, he probably isn't good enough.

To quote many footballing people if your good enough your old enough

Users who are viewing this thread