Shingles (1 Viewer)

Mcbean

My wife suffers badly creates a lot of pain . You can get anti viral tablets but you need to be quick as once it’s established it seems to stick and keep coming back - if you are over 70 you can get a jab but if you have already had it - not sure it works

Langers70

My wife suffers badly creates a lot of pain . You can get anti viral tablets but you need to be quick as once it’s established it seems to stick and keep coming back - if you are over 70 you can get a jab but if you have already had it - not sure it works
Doctor was treating me for a kidney infection until the blisters erupted on my lower back.Quite sinister how a virus knows to mimic other symptoms till its established.On anti-virals,pain killers and something to help my nerves.Hopefully no lasting damage.

ProfessorbyGrace

My mum suffers with bouts of it, it really debilitates her. This current bout is almost three weeks in, and it keeps waxing and waning.

Apparently it manifests out of the remnants of the chickpox virus that actually stays in your spinal fluid, or something along those lines.

rob9872

Ain't got time to fix the shingles

Langers70

My mum suffers with bouts of it, it really debilitates her. This current bout is almost three weeks in, and it keeps waxing and waning.

Apparently it manifests out of the remnants of the chickpox virus that actually stays in your spinal fluid, or something along those lines.
Sorry to hear that :( Ive had it about a week,the blisters are fading but it still itches and burns like hell,with the odd stabbing pain.Really gets you down with flu like symptoms.I think it lies dormant in nerve endings after Chickenpox,then something triggers it.Causes cold sores to i believe.

nicksar

Doctor was treating me for a kidney infection until the blisters erupted on my lower back.Quite sinister how a virus knows to mimic other symptoms till its established.On anti-virals,pain killers and something to help my nerves.Hopefully no lasting damage.
I had Shingles a year ago had severe Kidney pain and then the rash broke out and the pain seemed to double....Anti Viral meds sorted it out but still felt some pain for a few months afterwards.

Langers70

I had Shingles a year ago had severe Kidney pain and then the rash broke out and the pain seemed to double....Anti Viral meds sorted it out but still felt some pain for a few months afterwards.
Exactly the same as me.Doctor thought i had a kidney infection or possibly stones.So was getting treated for that with a scan booked,then the blisters erupted out of nowhere.She did say " This is only the beginning" which obviously shit me up a bit.

Mr Panda

Had them when I was about 19 and got put on some anti viral meds (huge things). The fever those meds brought on is probably the most ill I’ve been in my life, albeit a couple of days

Unless I’ve forgotten, I remember the itching sensation but couldn’t say the blisters were too painful or irritable for me

Users who are viewing this thread