Should Mark Robins be sacked? (1 Viewer)

Should Mark Robins be sacked?

• Total voters

mark82

I'm interested to know where the feeling is on this. Three poor performances & results on the bounce with 3 difficult games coming up. I can personally see this run being extended to 0 wins in 6 (or 7 if you include Brighton). Just don't see that we have what it takes tactically to win at the moment, despite having a decent squad (even after injuries).

You can tell where I am on this, but this isn't a reaction to the last few games, I just think we've been tactically naïve all season, even through our better periods.

Edit: For those that vote no, would be interested to know if you'd have a different opinion if we didn't win any of the next 3 league games.

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
Still a no, but I want to see a reaction. Couldn't give a shit about brighton, put the u18's out.

He needs to start trying to win games, we have been done by other teams who want to win and not draw.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

No, but for me he's half way through a run that , if it amounts to 6 straight defeats, should result in his sacking, as it should any manager. It shouldn't come to that, but then again, I never saw 3 straight defeats coming .

tom88

We have nearly lost as many as won we need to turn defeats into draws st least

We are shit away from home robins needs to get a grip

Otis

I'm interested to know where the feeling is on this. Three poor performances & results on the bounce with 3 difficult games coming up. I can personally see this run being extended to 0 wins in 6 (or 7 if you include Brighton). Just don't see that we have what it takes tactically to win at the moment, despite having a decent squad (even after injuries).

You can tell where I am on this, but this isn't a reaction to the last few games, I just think we've been tactically naïve all season, even through our better periods.
I can't see any sense in sacking him now. Not unless there is a really good manager out there waiting right now.

If we lose the next three games (Mansfield, Wycombe and Lincoln) then there is a case I suppose to get someone in in readiness for next season.

It's all looking rather hopeless at the moment and our away form is not at all good. We couldn't really ask for two worse games than Mansfield and Wycombe away next.

SlowerThanPlatt

If he’s sacked, then where do we look for the next man?

We’ve tried the experienced route in Reid, Mowbray and Adams. No success.

Tried the younger route in Pressley, still no success

I asked this in another thread but I’ll ask again. Is our club set up for success? Even before SISU managers failed

Warwickhunt

No we have never had a new manager bounce as long as I have watched the city. The players no matter who should be dying on their feet for the team. Too many just not get the bottle

mark82

Still a no, but I want to see a reaction. Couldn't give a shit about brighton, put the u18's out.

He needs to start trying to win games, we have been done by other teams who want to win and not draw.

He's been doing the same thing all season Nick. When it works, great, but when it doesn't we never seem to have anything different to try. There have been many games where we've seen Biamou taken off and the ball continued to be hoofed high & long to five-foot-something strikers, for example.

covmark

I think he needs to go. I have no faith in the side winning our next 3 games with him in charge. Luton, Mansfield and Wycombe will be pissing themselves watching the videos of our last few games.

Couldn't care less about the cup game.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

mark82

I can't see any sense in sacking him now. Not unless there is a really good manager out there waiting right now.

If we lose the next three games (Mansfield, Wycombe and Lincoln) then there is a case I suppose to get someone in in readiness for next season.

It's all looking rather hopeless at the moment and our away form is not at all good. We couldn't really ask for two worse games than Mansfield and Wycombe away next.

I think when the inevitable happens (and it will eventually if we are not promoted this year) we need someone in the mould of Coleman at Accrington.

mark82

No we have never had a new manager bounce as long as I have watched the city. The players no matter who should be dying on their feet for the team. Too many just not get the bottle

There's definitely an argument to say the real issue is at ownership level. We all know that doesn't help. And we've certainly been unlucky with injuries.

That said, he has the resources at his disposal, in terms of players and budget, to be fighting for automatic promotion places and we are falling short of that at the moment.

mark82

For those that vote no, would be interested to know if you'd have a different opinion if we didn't win any of the next 3 league games.

Liquid Gold

No, let him finish the season. If he can rally the team he can have another go. If we continue anything like this then bye bye.

SlowerThanPlatt

Not the manager it’s the owners who give him a mid table budget in this shit league! He has to overachieve to get us promoted

Do you really think our budget is mid table?

Steve Evans said we blew Mansfield out of the water for a few players they wanted in the summer and they’re well backed

mark82

Not the manager it’s the owners who give him a mid table budget in this shit league! He has to overachieve to get us promoted

It's definitely a top 7 budget, probably a top 3. Budget will likely be cut next year so this is our best chance.

oucho

"No, not yet"

NOT AT ALL !!!

CCFC54321

This is what will happen.

Robins will walk after the next three games....

Doyle will be put in charge as player manager till the end of the season with a short term experienced head brought in to support him.

Nick

Administrator
This is what will happen.

Robins will walk after the next three games....

Doyle will be put in charge as player manager till the end of the season with a short term experienced head brought in to support him.
Doyle wouldn't take a draw

Esoterica

My heart has voted ''No'' only because I'm sick of the manager merry go round and would let him have another summer to add to the squad he has put together on longer contracts than we're used to. My head is angry with my heart for voting No though because it has seen this coming since Newport/Yeovil. 1 dimensional tactics irrespective of personnel, a system that stifles the creativity of the team and a complete lack of plan b despite bringing in 15 of your own signings.

Otis

My heart has voted ''No'' only because I'm sick of the manager merry go round and would let him have another summer to add to the squad he has put together on longer contracts than we're used to. My head is angry with my heart for voting No though because it has seen this coming since Newport/Yeovil. 1 dimensional tactics irrespective of personnel, a system that stifles the creativity of the team and a complete lack of plan b despite bringing in 15 of your own signings.
And like Nick says, we set up defensively, go a goal down and continue to play defensively making it really difficult to get back into matches.

When we went a goal down today and we're playing poorly, Robins should have changed things.

Didn't start attacking until the second half and then there's always a chance of getting caught on the break as you are pushing forwards.

Captain Dart

We won't be able to tell for sure for another year yet, when the accounts covering this season (and therefore player salaries) are published.
Due out in a couple of weeks accounts that cover 2016-17 relegation season and we can maybe assess how it compared to league one average.

Ashdown

We are as fragile as fuck . Our so called budget is only fairly average. Our squad has plenty of younger and inexperienced players and our manager can only influence so much. Our support and expectations are colossal at this level as fans but the club has fell so low in terms of stature and finance and our continual demise under these scum owners is no surprise is it really.........

CCFC_Charlie

Easiest managerial job in the world Cov is, no matter how shit you are the fans will pull some figures out their arse to say that you were given a relegation budget or some shit like that

Nick

Administrator
We are as fragile as fuck . Our so called budget is only fairly average. Our squad has plenty of younger and inexperienced players and our manager can only influence so much. Our support and expectations are colossal at this level as fans but the club has fell so low in terms of stature and finance and our continual demise under these scum owners is no surprise is it really.........

A manager can influence plenty, I watched an opposition one do it tonight because they want to win.

It's amazing the people who haven't watched his random decisions week in week out just put it down to budget etc and that's that.

CovBurty

No. Not yet. What's the point? We are still in with a shout at playoffs. Few games lost and the angry brigade come out. If we were losing games and bottom two then yes. Maybe next season this could happen if he fails to promote us. A least give him one season. The club is set up for failure by the owners , give him a chance to break it. If he fails, nothing new and on to the next failure.

mark82

I wish people would stop using budget as an argument. Our budget is good for the division we are in.

mark82

We won't be able to tell for sure for another year yet, when the accounts covering this season (and therefore player salaries) are published.
Due out in a couple of weeks accounts that cover 2016-17 relegation season and we can maybe assess how it compared to league one average.

You can make an educated guess based on signings, existing players, etc. Probably below Luton & Mansfield significantly. Possibly below Swindon. Above most others I would think.

fernandopartridge

No. His record is better than any manager we've had for many years.

Do Cov fans ever learn? The same knee jerk "let's sack him" shite every time. All based on this idea that we're rich in resource!? He's missing a number of players you'd expect to see in the side. Give the bloke a break and grow up.

Mucca Mad Boys

League 2 is a difficult league to get out of, ask many other ‘big’ clubs who’ve experienced it. We’ve put together this team in one transfer window as January was mainly replacing injuries to key players. We’ve had season-ending injuries to key players who are game changers and match winners.

I like what Robins is trying to do here, and I think it’s a good fit for us and MR. So I think we should give him next summer to refine the squad. I think with better luck injury-wise, a bit of know-how in this division, we’re in good stead for promotion. If he fails next season, then the sack would be justified. This season, all things considered, I think it’d be unjustified.

Users who are viewing this thread