Should we name and shame (1 Viewer)

Ricketts

.... Our idiot fans.

Some of them are an embarrasment to humankind, let alone CCFC.

The chap in front of me in a silly hat was there with his young daughter, probably aged about 10.

The was singing 'do you take it up the arse' to the home fans.

Followed by "you're a stadium full of poofters"

What kind of an example is that.

Presumably he has problems with his sexual identity and mental health.

Should I post a pic of him?

And whats with the person wearing his mums tights over his face? Presumably he is no oil painting and doing us a favour.

pusbccfc

.... Our idiot fans.

Some of them are an embarrasment to humankind, let alone CCFC.

The chap in front of me in a silly hat was there with his young daughter, probably aged about 10.

The was singing 'do you take it up the arse' to the home fans.

Followed by "you're a stadium full of poofters"

What kind of an example is that.

Presumably he has problems with his sexual identity and mental health.

Should I post a pic of him?

And whats with the person wearing his mums tights over his face? Presumably he is no oil painting and doing us a favour.

While what he was doing is wrong, immature and shouldn't be acceptable, don't be a grass

If your daughter was there and being affected, than that is different. However, if he wants to act like that in front of his, then that is his problem.

Kingokings204

I think every away game especially when it’s such a big away cup tie like mk or Brighton away. There is going to be some idiots absolutely certain. I was surrounded by them yesterday myself. Every other word was the C word. Vile.

I’m not saying we should tolerate it but I do say we must expect it. Law of averages suggests that out of 4500 fans.

The amount of smoking in the toilets was disgusting and even the concourse area stunk. I hate it but I expected it.

Be safe and just do your best to either report whatever it is or stay out of trouble.

shmmeee

While what he was doing is wrong, immature and shouldn't be acceptable, don't be a grass

If your daughter was there and being affected, than that is different. However, if he wants to act like that in front of his, then that is his problem.

Well, and his daughter’s.

Irish Sky Blue

I think every away game especially when it’s such a big away cup tie like mk or Brighton away. There is going to be some idiots absolutely certain. I was surrounded by them yesterday myself. Every other word was the C word. Vile.

I’m not saying we should tolerate it but I do say we must expect it. Law of averages suggests that out of 4500 fans.

The amount of smoking in the toilets was disgusting and even the concourse area stunk. I hate it but I expected it.

Be safe and just do your best to either report whatever it is or stay out of trouble.
Talking to my son about the idiots in front of us, after the game, he said he saw one of them throw a coin at the Brighton fans after we had scored. Certainly the last fifteen minutes they didn’t see any of the game as they spent their time mouthing obscenities, gesticulating and staring at the Brighton fans. Presumably people they have never seen before, don’t know and will never see again. Why does football attract societies cretins in a way that other sports don’t?

Sky Blue Pete

IT was awful round me thankfully my son told them to speak some positivity and how well they’d play with their beer guts and lack of talent. Was awful yesterday by me

SkyblueBazza

Except she is influenced by his attitude & behaviour...which then affects the rest of us.

The principle of 'grassing-up' is maybe valid among mutually respecting villains (but even that has it's limit). For the mainstream, it is simply trying to make our environment a more tolerant & better place.

So sod it...shame him!

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

lifeskyblue

Thought in the main the atmosphere and fans were terrific. Near us fans kept up the singing and chanting virtually throughout and I didn’t hear any homophobic chanting.
Yes, in the concourse, there were a few idiots who were so drunk/high that they didn’t even realise they were at a football match. Some can’t string a sentence together without at least a couple of obscenities and think its big and clever to abuse players and fans based on nothing but pure prejudice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SkyblueBazza

Talking to my son about the idiots in front of us, after the game, he said he saw one of them throw a coin at the Brighton fans after we had scored. Certainly the last fifteen minutes they didn’t see any of the game as they spent their time mouthing obscenities, gesticulating and staring at the Brighton fans. Presumably people they have never seen before, don’t know and will never see again. Why does football attract societies cretins in a way that other sports don’t?
I think with many of them it's so they can act really hard in front of others without really putting themselves at great risk. The sort that probably avoid the local pubs at all costs in case there are actually opposition fans there who might thump them when they act up

SkyblueBazza

...there were a few idiots who were so drunk/high that they didn’t even realise they were at a football match.

Which begs the question...how long did it go on? And why were they left to continue it by other fans, stewards & Police???

lifeskyblue

It happens every week. Until they commit an actual offence the authorities will do nothing. Most fans will just try and distance themselves. Once at the Ricoh in the family zone I reported two fans who came and sat behind us after half time who were drunk and abusive and every other word was a swear word. They were moved on after 15 mins or so.

Dazmataz

I think reporting people to the authorities and letting them handle it is the right thing to do if it is really offensive, but I’m not sure that posting people’s pictures on the internet is fair, even if they’ve done something wrong.

City supporters come from a wide cross section of society and some people in this world just happen to be morons who think that being prejudice or homophobic is funny

SkyBlueRuffian

It’s a working class sport mate, that’s why, just like Rugby League who also attract idiotic football style supporters!!

Mcbean

I apologised to a group waiting for the bus in the middle of Lewes which is a quiet place at the best of times - a group of our "fans" were enjoying a sherbert or two outside a pub and were singing at the top of their voices - you can your shove your fucking seagulls up your arse - its just the swearing that makes me cringe - i am amazed they had the intelligence to make the game as they tipped up at the ground about half an hour later - no issue with the singing its just the content

letsallsingtogether

I apologised to a group waiting for the bus in the middle of Lewes which is a quiet place at the best of times - a group of our "fans" were enjoying a sherbert or two outside a pub and were singing at the top of their voices - you can your shove your fucking seagulls up your arse - its just the swearing that makes me cringe - i am amazed they had the intelligence to make the game as they tipped up at the ground about half an hour later - no issue with the singing its just the content
I'm sure they have heard it all before and probably chanted similar themselves.

Ashdown

There really are some cringeworthy morons around. Most I hope would be drunken youngsters who will grow up but it's not always the case.

BackRoomRummermill

The league away games I have been to this season I have seen very little stupidity, it goes to show the sort that jump on a cup band wagon I am afraid who don’t really care or know how to behave , the only issue I saw away this season was amongst our own fans at Carlisle when a less mobile chap was knocked over when Macca came to the fans after he scored

Sorry forgot to mention Cretins at big Ricoh attendace games as well , shit stinking tattie eaters

Tommo72

Sorry but I have to see the funny side.... ‘you can stick your fucking seagulls up your arse’ does tickle me...

Covstu

Like I commented on another thread, the guys behind me where hurling racist abuse at the stewards and the Brighton players. What I couldn’t work out is he was saying it in a gangsta voice and his two mates were black. Spoke for itself really

Tommystours

Don't post very often, but enjoy the read on here.Drove a minibus down with my usual guys and a few younger ones under 40.Parked at Lewes Station and we had drinks at The Lansdown. great atmosphere outside in the Sun.Mixed with Brighton fans had some good banter and a bit of a sing song.one young city fan was high on something made an arse of himself falling over a traffic sign in the road.Great banter on the train to the ground loads of city chanting.
I'm no angel and like some on here my working class language comes out sometimes,but not having had a drink was quite observant as to what was going on around me,some guys continued to sing your fucking shit at every opportunity, the twist and shout boys were great and I managed to get SBA chants going when we were Losing
Not sure what the skirmish in the corporate was all about but a fair few well dressed city fans were in the mix
Fans were great on the way back and in the queue for the train even Brighton fans complimented our continuous rendition of Twist and Shout.
Keep the faith always a few bad apples, majority of our fans are battle hardened, and will be CTID

pusbccfc

Don't post very often, but enjoy the read on here.Drove a minibus down with my usual guys and a few younger ones under 40.Parked at Lewes Station and we had drinks at The Lansdown. great atmosphere outside in the Sun.Mixed with Brighton fans had some good banter and a bit of a sing song.one young city fan was high on something made an arse of himself falling over a traffic sign in the road.Great banter on the train to the ground loads of city chanting.
I'm no angel and like some on here my working class language comes out sometimes,but not having had a drink was quite observant as to what was going on around me,some guys continued to sing your fucking shit at every opportunity, the twist and shout boys were great and I managed to get SBA chants going when we were Losing
Not sure what the skirmish in the corporate was all about but a fair few well dressed city fans were in the mix
Fans were great on the way back and in the queue for the train even Brighton fans complimented our continuous rendition of Twist and Shout.
Keep the faith always a few bad apples, majority of our fans are battle hardened, and will be CTID

Totally agree. Fantastic day out yesterday.

Grendel

It’s a working class sport mate, that’s why, just like Rugby League who also attract idiotic football style supporters!!

Upper class people can be abusive and vulgar. Class is no excuse for unacceptable behaviour.

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

Let’s look at the positives, I didn’t hear any ‘who’s the gayboy in the pink’ or songs to that description, on masse. I only heard one idiot in the lansdown in Lewes singing it to himself whilst pissing over his trainers in the toilet.

I didn’t see any ‘disgraceful behaviour’ either, apart from a bunch of teenagers giving it the fight fight wherever you may be to some stewards, which I’d prefer to put in the embarrassing behaviour category.

All in all it was a good day out, from my perspective, where we were drinking in Lewes. There was some embarrassing behaviour but nothing shameful. Not everyone has to act the dickhead, about 4 of us were looking for some breakfast, and ended up in a bistrot by the waitrose, could see they were a bit unsure about us based on what we were wearing but we made the point of saying we’re just after some sit down food and they were a lot more relaxed...mind you they did still try and contain us in the corner by the kitchen!
Show respect where it’s warranted and you’ll get it back.

Cigarfingers

I took my ten year old daughter to the game and to be honest we had a few around us, a bloke who would have been in his 50’s calling there fans ‘wankers’ and c*#t’s and constantly shouting f*#k off to them! I just have to hope I’ve taught her well enough to know that’s not acceptable and ok. To make it worse he had a young lad with him who was actually trying to pull the blokes arm down and telling him to stop as he is calling them wankers!!

I’m not against it and know it goes on at football, hell I’ve fished out my fair share of obscenities over the years watching the city but I I see kids nearby I always tone it down!

Last edited:

SkyblueBazza

I took my ten year old daughter to the game and to be honest we had a few around us, a bloke who would have been in his 50’s calling there fans ‘wankers’ and c*#t’s and constantly shouting f*#k off to them! I just have to hope I’ve taught her well enough to know that’s not acceptable and ok. To make it worse he had a young lad with him who was actually trying to pull the blokes away down and telling him to stop!!

I’m not against it and know it goes on at football, hell I’ve fished out my fair share of obscenities over the years watching the city but I I see kids nearby I always tone it down!
This is the saddest part...'we' teach ours to tolerate appalling g behaviour or language - 'they' simply become less tolerant of anything & everything

Terry_dactyl

I took my ten year old daughter to the game and to be honest we had a few around us, a bloke who would have been in his 50’s calling there fans ‘wankers’ and c*#t’s and constantly shouting f*#k off to them! I just have to hope I’ve taught her well enough to know that’s not acceptable and ok. To make it worse he had a young lad with him who was actually trying to pull the blokes arm down and telling him to stop as he is calling them wankers!!

I think this is a good point. When taking your kids to games I think you’ve got expect them to be exposed to behaviour that they might not otherwise experience elsewhere. Personally I’m not too bothered about a bit of swearing. Some bloke calling Ryan Haynes “a useless c**t” is not my child’s role model and like you say, I would hope I’ve bought them up well enough not to do the same (although in Ryan Haynes’ case this is debatable).
However, I’ve also tried to instil in them that they should challenge homophobia/racism etc. I’ve not had to ‘role model’ that at a City game yet...and I’m not really looking forward to doing so. It should be challenged though. Going back to the original post, I think it needs to be done at the time as opposed to naming and shaming after the event.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread