Shrewsbury Match Thread (1 Viewer)

Sky Blue Jack

RCC
Lorentzon Stephens Martin Stokes
Fleck Vincelot Rose
Murphy Henderson Armstrong

Can see TM shutting up shop here and playing not to lose to stop the rot. Would like to see Armstrong as the central striker but I see TM moving him out wide to use his pace on the break, 1-1 with Murphy scoring for us

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

RCC
Stokes
Martin
Stephens
Lorentzen
Fleck
Vincelot
Rose
Cole
Armstrong
Henderson

I think that team could win, but sadly that won't be the 11 that gets picked.

We'll lose 2-1.

stupot07

-----------------RCC
Lorentzson Stephens Martin stokes
-----------------Vincelot
-----------rose-----------fleck
-----------------Maddison (Cole can't play twice in a a week)
-----------tudguy--------Armstrong

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

tom88

Rcc
stokes
stephens
martin
ricketts
fleck
vincelot
maddison
murphy
rose/hunt
armstrong

2-1 win

Otis

Yep. Definitely have this one down as a loss.

Come on Mowbray, throw a curve ball and change the set up and then maybe we can pick up that much needed crucial win.

fernandopartridge

-----------------RCC
Lorentzson Stephens Martin stokes
-----------------Vincelot
-----------rose-----------fleck
-----------------Maddison (Cole can't play twice in a a week)
-----------tudguy--------Armstrong

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Too narrow imo, no point having 2 up front when you're so narrow.

StevieM

I doubt very much that Ricketts will ever get dropped regardless of how he is performing, and from the limited game time that we have seen Rose, does he warrant selection ahead of Murphy?
Despite of what most people on here think of him he is still second top goalscorer and has the potential (if he feels like it)to be a match winner/game changer.

steve82

----------------------RCC------------------
Lorenztson---Martin----Stephens ---Stokes
Lameires ---vincelot -----Rose----Murphy
---------Henderson-- Armstrong---------
Bench: Addai, Ramage, Ricketts, Fleck, Hunt/Cole, Maddison, Tudgay
5 changes for me with a lack of confidence in some players, and a switch to 442 and style of play to accommodate the in coming players to best advantage.
Lameires deserves to start again as he can feed AA very well, Murphy will most likely start as Joe Cole tends not to play twice in a week tho did come off early on so will feature on the bench I predict.
Ricketts should be dropped for Lorenztson and martins brought in. Henderson drafted in to be the brute force up front for AA to feed off.

Covcraig@bury

3-1 loss . The rot has set in and there's no way back.. Season over I think but I also hope I wrong . PUSB ffs..

stupot07

Too narrow imo, no point having 2 up front when you're so narrow.

Yeah it is a bit too narrow, especially as we don't have a Cyrus Christie not sure what the answer is, only Murphy and hunt are real wide men, and hunt shouldn't be anywhere near the subs bench let alone start. A lot are sticking rose out wide in their formations, but he is a centre mid, you're back to the 3 of Maddison, Cole, Murphy and lamieres and you're still very narrow.

steve82

As you say Rose is never a wide player. We are struggling for wide players but lameires and Murphy can do a very good job on there day. Lorenztson can get forward well to on the over lap

Otis

Yeah it is a bit too narrow, especially as we don't have a Cyrus Christie not sure what the answer is, only Murphy and hunt are real wide men, and hunt shouldn't be anywhere near the subs bench let alone start. A lot are sticking rose out wide in their formations, but he is a centre mid, you're back to the 3 of Maddison, Cole, Murphy and lamieres and you're still very narrow.

Lorentzson is an attacking fullback, always wanting to get forwards, so you should get some width there.

lifeskyblue

Lorentzson when he got forward on Saturday was very rarely given the ball. On a couple of occasions he was in acres of space but ignored. We needed to use him to get behind their defence

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nick

Administrator
Lorentzson when he got forward on Saturday was very rarely given the ball. On a couple of occasions he was in acres of space but ignored. We needed to use him to get behind their defence

Yep, at points he had both hands in the air shouting.

In that position, if he can whip a cross in then it's dangerous.

fernandopartridge

We're dreadful at switching play, particularly Fleck who can only play the way he's facing.

Johnnythespider

We are due a win, 5-0 at Crewe followed by 3 defeats, 6-0 against Bury followed by 3 defeats so it's a 7-0 win for me.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

johnwillomagic

Team TM will pick

RCC GK
Lorentzon RB
Martin CB
Ricketts CB (AS he is skippper)
Stokes LB
Fleck DCM
Vincelot DCM
Murphy ACM
Rose ACM
Hunt ACM
Armstrong ST

Team and formation above my guess at TM pick not my choice of formation or personnel though! :(

Predict we will scrape a 1-1 draw which will not really do us any favours!

Paxman II

Lorentzen was pants on Saturday. I hope that is down to match fitness.

I can see us getting a credible draw in the circumstances but i feel there must be more if we really mean to play ourselves out of this whole we have dug ourselves. Didn't think a prolonged break helped us out Saturday either, we lose any cohesion we had so playing again in a night match so soon may just be the tonic.

Nick

Administrator

I can see us getting a credible draw in the circumstances but i feel there must be more if we really mean to play ourselves out of this whole we have dug ourselves. Didn't think a prolonged break helped us out Saturday either, we lose any cohesion we had so playing again in a night match so soon may just be the tonic.
What did he do wrong?

stupot07

What are you on about? We played Barnsley Tuesday and Fleetwood the Saturday before, that's 3 games in 8 days, not a prolonged break.

Last edited:

steve82

I'd defiantly not say he was pants. That was Ricketts!
Lorenztson did well, covered the right well offering himself going forward too. If only Ricketts and fleck had of played him in a few times a move may well of worked.

mark_ccfc

We are due a win, 5-0 at Crewe followed by 3 defeats, 6-0 against Bury followed by 3 defeats so it's a 7-0 win for me.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

This is exactly what I was thinking. Armstrong and Murphy are due a few goals. Not 7-0 though! 2-4, hat-trick for Armstrong one for Murphy.

Otis

Lorentzson made one poor pass when he first came on, but after that did nothing wrong at all.

Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk

Gazolba

I don't know what the team will be but I bet Fortune comes on as a late sub.

Gaz71

----------------------RCC------------------
Lorenztson---Martin----Stephens ---Stokes
Lameires ---vincelot -----Rose----Murphy
---------Henderson-- Armstrong---------
Bench: Addai, Ramage, Ricketts, Fleck, Hunt/Cole, Maddison, Tudgay
5 changes for me with a lack of confidence in some players, and a switch to 442 and style of play to accommodate the in coming players to best advantage.
Lameires deserves to start again as he can feed AA very well, Murphy will most likely start as Joe Cole tends not to play twice in a week tho did come off early on so will feature on the bench I predict.
Ricketts should be dropped for Lorenztson and martins brought in. Henderson drafted in to be the brute force up front for AA to feed off.

Lameires was very poor on Saturday, light weight on the ball and pass completion must have been below 20%, I want him to do well but has yet to convince me, agree with Ricketts, but unless Martin is fit it's down to bare bones in defence so Ricketts will play at cb.

Nick

Administrator
Lameires was very poor on Saturday, light weight on the ball and pass completion must have been below 20%, I want him to do well but has yet to convince me, agree with Ricketts, but unless Martin is fit it's down to bare bones in defence so Ricketts will play at cb.
But played some great balls to split the defence

Users who are viewing this thread