Sisu (1 Viewer)

pusbccfc

What next for those at the top?

For the first time since their first season, they have seemed to put the effort (and the cash) in to allow us to bring in players and a 'big name' manager, but it has fallen apart.

Could this be the final straw for them?

Terry Gibson's perm

For the first time since their first season, they have seemed to put the effort (and the cash) in to allow us to bring in players and a 'big name' manager, but it has fallen apart.

They will just carry on they have no idea of how to run a football club and have brought in an author to run one, it doesn't help when they say break even is 11k and when we are getting Over 11k they say we meant over 14k

NorthernWisdom

They've had plenty of straws before.

At the moment, focus on the manager takes the heat off their stewardship...

theferret

They will just carry on they have no idea of how to run a football club and have brought in an author to run one, it doesn't help when they say break even is 11k and when we are getting Over 11k they say we meant over 14k

Honestly though, what exactly have they done wrong this season? Mowbray had a list of demands at the start of the season, and several lines in the sand, and they gave him what he wanted. He has been allowed to bring players in throughout the season, and only one player was sold (and then loaned straight back). I get all the history of course, but this season I can't really see how they can be blamed directly for what's happened on the pitch.

Terry Gibson's perm

Honestly though, what exactly have they done wrong this season? Mowbray had a list of demands at the start of the season, and several lines in the sand, and they gave him what he wanted. He has been allowed to bring players in throughout the season, and only one player was sold (and then loaned straight back). I get all the history of course, but this season I can't really see how they can be blamed directly for what's happened on the pitch.

The lack of a long term plan on player contracts doesn't help, I still think the off field stuff doesn't help the club in general, only one player was sold because we don't have many others of any value.

NorthernWisdom

but this season I can't really see how they can be blamed directly for what's happened on the pitch.

Ultimately even if you're of the school of thought it's all the manager's fault, then giving him total control if he's not up to it is where the owners are culpable in showing spectacularly bad judgement.

It was Brian Clough who said if a manager was sacked, the chairman who appointed him should leave too and he wasn't far out.

Although I suppose Waggot *has* left...

Sometimes however, if the setup of a club is rotten, it won't befixed overnight. And it won't be fixed by swapping managers time and time again with a new set of fresh ideas, so the old ideas don't get implemented properly. We've arguably seen that this season, with a shift from youth focus, to (over) reliance on loan players.

But then given this board's current tone towards Mowbray, you have to ask what would be in it for *any* manager to try and build the *club* up again, rather than focus entirely on the team and hang the future.

pusbccfc

For once, I struggle to blame the, this season.

However, if they left tomorrow, I would have a smile on my face.

chiefdave

if the setup of a club is rotten, it won't befixed overnight.

What can it be that is rotten? If you look at it logically over the last, lets say, 25 years we've:

changed managers multiple times
been through hundreds of players
had directors of football
completely changed the board members several times
changed chairman / md several times
changed owners
changed grounds

none of that has made an improvement!

rupert_bear

Don't SISU have an ideal situation here now for a hedge fund company, got rid of the debt through administration farce, minimum input now getting near and often surpassing their break even figure of 11000, although they have raised this to 14k. Every 18 months or so cash in an asset (player) perhaps to satisfy an investor or two from any of their businesses, l don't see a way out of this unless someone comes in to buy us with silly money

singers_pore

If SISU had any sense they would have made a shed load of money betting on us to lose over the past 3 months. There has to be some financial reason for SISU to still be here.

Sick Boy

Don't SISU have an ideal situation here now for a hedge fund company, got rid of the debt through administration farce, minimum input now getting near and often surpassing their break even figure of 11000, although they have raised this to 14k. Every 18 months or so cash in an asset (player) perhaps to satisfy an investor or two from any of their businesses, l don't see a way out of this unless someone comes in to buy us with silly money

Yes you are probably right. Sadly our best chance would have been trying to sell the club and stadium together. Despite what some will tell you, not many investors are going to be desperate to pay rent to the richest rugby club in the whole of existence.

jimmyhillsfanclub

The club culture, I'd reckon.

And that's set from the very top.

Part of that culture is currently a disorienting change that happens so often, it makes for instability and a lack of togetherness.

Yep.....maybe its the culture of simply "surviving" & making up the numbers that was developed with our 34 years of hanging on in the top flight.....

either that or its our location......maybe we need to move to High Wycombe....

Nick

Administrator
The telegraph comments are on overdrive...

I think that not many of them actually go to games, they can't do.

Sky Blue Kid

If SISU had any sense they would have made a shed load of money betting on us to lose over the past 3 months. There has to be some financial reason for SISU to still be here.

You have the same thoughts as I do mate. No reason whatsoever for them to still be here. Any normal business would have cut their losses and left, why haven't SISU? I can't put my finger on any reason why they are still here. It's just a "Gut feeling" about them, ever since they took control of our Club, they've tried the "Bulls**t baffles brains " approach with Coventry fans which a lot were taken in by. Their biggest mistake however, is this 11k break even... Sorry we meant 14k break even. "What a load of SHIT!"... as Catherine Tait would say.

ceetee

They are still here because, if they left, they would expose to their investors how badly they had managed that investment.

I'm sure they'd be off like a shot if they could recover enough cash, but as as been said, who wants to buy a club with no assets.

NorthernWisdom

You have the same thoughts as I do mate. No reason whatsoever for them to still be here. Any normal business would have cut their losses and left, why haven't SISU? I can't put my finger on any reason why they are still here. It's just a "Gut feeling" about them, ever since they took control of our Club, they've tried the "Bulls**t baffles brains " approach with Coventry fans which a lot were taken in by. Their biggest mistake however, is this 11k break even... Sorry we meant 14k break even. "What a load of SHIT!"... as Catherine Tait would say.

I wouldn't say that is their biggest mistake...

Nope. Worrying that it isn't, mind.

Staggeringly incompetent though, and suggests the culture of the club is set up where even if we had a Fergie/Clough/Bearzot combi in charge of the first team, they'd still be handicapped by the ineptitude surrounding them...

Users who are viewing this thread