Sky Blues Talk Improvements (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
It is that time of year again, there are plenty of new members so I just wondered. What do you guys want to see on Sky Blues Talk?

There are lots of things the forum can do that aren't enabled like photo galleries for members, personal blogs which are disabled.

What do you think the site could do with to make it a bit better?

Otis

The 30 seconds between posts is a tad annoying Nick.

Not something that is usually an issue, but when there is a match thread and we are listening on the radio at the same time as posting on here, things can happen really quickly out there on the pitch and about 3 times yesterday I was trying to post and I kept getting the message I would have to wait 30 seconds inbetween posts.

Just a real pain on the match threads.

Nick

Administrator
I can tone that down a bit to say 10 seconds? It is just to stop spammers really :)

Otis

Being able to change thread titles too where a mistake has been made.

You can change the mistake for sure, but the change only appears to fellow posters when they actually click on the thread, not when the see the thread on the main page.

Otis

I can tone that down a bit to say 10 seconds? It is just to stop spammers really :)

Yeah I know.

Never been a problem for me before at all, apart from on match days. It was very frantic on here the last 5 mins of the game yesterday and it was frustrating when I had to keep waiting to post.

Nick

Administrator
I have put the time between posts down to 5 seconds. It is enough to stop robots hammering the forum but should be a lot better now.

I can change the Time Limit on editing the title, it is set so you can change it for 5 minutes at the moment. When you say on the main page do you mean on the chatbox or on the forum list?

deanocity3

It is that time of year again, there are plenty of new members so I just wondered. What do you guys want to see on Sky Blues Talk?

There are lots of things the forum can do that aren't enabled like photo galleries for members, personal blogs which are disabled.

What do you think the site could do with to make it a bit better?
A photo gallery from members on away days
any chance of a video page?

Nick

Administrator
A photo gallery from members on away days
any chance of a video page?

Yep the site will allow photo galleries and people to upload their images. There are ways to make video galleries also so the site could have a mini ccfc youtube, if that is what you meant?

Otis

I have put the time between posts down to 5 seconds. It is enough to stop robots hammering the forum but should be a lot better now.

I can change the Time Limit on editing the title, it is set so you can change it for 5 minutes at the moment. When you say on the main page do you mean on the chatbox or on the forum list?

Forum list.

I have changed title before to correct an error and when people actually click on the thread the change is there. But when viewing on the main forum page it still has the error.

Cheers for the time limit thing! That's a real boon on away match days for us who follow the match day threads! :claping hands::claping hands::claping hands:

Nick

Administrator
Sometimes it does take a few minutes for it to update on the main forum list as it is cached :(

Otis

This is what I mean Nick.

Created a thread yesterday 'Tips hat in general direction of Paxman.'

http://www.skybluestalk.co.uk/threads/24125-Tips-hat-in-general-direction-of-Paxman?highlight=tips

To show you what I mean I just went in and changed the thread title now to 'Tips cat in general direction of Paxman.'

On the main page the thread still says 'hat.' Click on the thread itself and and the title now says 'cat.'

Nick

Administrator
Ahhh that has just changed the post title rather than the thread title, look above it. I think it has to be changed within 5 minutes to change the main one.

WillieStanley

Without meaning it to get too much like Facebook, is it possible to be notified when someone likes your post? Sometimes the "likes" get lost, but ego-maniacs like me thrive from positive feedback, so it'd be nice to know where the extra "like" came from.

Also to be tagged in a post? On occassion, I have posted something, someone has replied in the thread and I've just not known because by the time it comes to my posting again, said thread is old news!!

Otis

Ahhh that has just changed the post title rather than the thread title, look above it. I think it has to be changed within 5 minutes to change the main one.

Yeah, I see that. Does help in what I do though. The post title on this is now different to the thread title, so when i make a mistake I change it and then at least when people go into the thread they can see that I have corrected the mistake and the highlighted thread title on the post page is the correction.

blueflint

i think the site is brill only complaint is bad language as youngsters can see the site as well

Otis

Right. No more swearing from me then.

Try not to too much anyway.

Going to stick with 'flippin' from now on!

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
How about a recipe page where we can all share tips on our fairy cakes and things.............

er........ maybe not. *slips away quickly*

Otis

I had no idea children were on here. Always thought the youngest was about 14-15.

Never ever right to swear in front of children i feel.

Coventry La La La

I had no idea children were on here. Always thought the youngest was about 14-15.

Never ever right to swear in front of children i feel.

I'm sure at one point there was a swear filter in place and all we got where complaints. So it's a hard issue to resolve as some want the right to swear and others don't want children reading swear words on this site.

SkyblueBazza

Happy with things as they are, a slight improvement would be perhaps more categories but where "New Posts" can be screened - so I can simply cut out stuff I've no interest in.
Please though Nick - avoid the Facebook type approach to changes, where it gets so complicated & mandatory this & that nonsense.

Nick

Administrator
We had a swear filter and everybody just moaned. To be honest there is not too much we can do. You can't expect passionate fans to not let out the odd swear word.

There might be a way to opt in and out of a swear filter though? So if you wanted a swear filter it would be on but if you didn't it wouldn't be? So if you have kids you could have the clean version?

B-Ban-Boogie

I use the SBT mobile version view a lot and wondered...
Can you incorporate the 'Go to first new post' feature on the mobile version by any chance?
(Or if you can do this already let me know how please?)

Maybe a 'long press' on the thread link...

(currently when you 'longpress' on the thread link it shows 'Open, Open in new tab, Save link, etc...)

That would be awesome and save me trying to find the new post each time I come back to a thread.. :D

Users who are viewing this thread