Sky Blues Talk on an iPad (1 Viewer)

RegTheDonk

I guess this is more a question for Nick, but perhaps others will have an answer....

My dad got an iPad for Xmas, along with broadband. Think he's been talked into it by my brother, but now he's taken the plunge he wants to learn how to do emails, surf, youtube - simple things. He's obviously a life long City fan so I've signed him up for SBT, and showed him some of the discussions. Trouble is, he's finding it hard to navigate the site - I think its a bit too busy for him, bless.

I've never used IOS really so just installed tapa talk for him, but he finds that a bit hard. It would be ideal if he could view a simplified version of SBT - a bit like what I can see on my android phone.

So, is there a way of enabling and the being able to select different CSS views on SBT? Or perhaps a setting on his iPad where he can view the phone version of the web site? I'm assuming the iPhone view is similar to the android mobile view? Perhaps he can change the user agent on the iPad? I took a punt at putting "m." in the URL but that didn't work lol.

I'll only lose my rag trying to explain it to him over the phone - I ended up logging in as him to change his password to something easy! - but I'm in Cov next week when we're off to the Bury game so I'll sort him out then.

Nick

Administrator
Could you PM me his username and password? I will have a look for some ipad friendly themes and I can try and force his account to use it. It might look strange if he logs in on the computer but it might be better on the iPad.

I would usually Tapatalk is easier as it is a native App, once you get used to how it works it is a lot quicker.

RegTheDonk

Hi Nick, thanks for that Ill send you the details. Don't expect a reply though, I think he has trouble turning the thing on! lol

Nick

Administrator
Ha if you send me the details I'll sort it , then hopefully the next time he logs in it's easier :)

RegTheDonk

Thanks for what you did Nick, it looks much easier and hopefully when I see him next week I can talk him through it.

:claping hands:

Users who are viewing this thread