Sky confirms 3D sport triple-header (1 Viewer)

dutchman

broadcasting_sky_3d_logo.jpg

Sky has confirmed plans to broadcast three major finals on Saturday in 3D for pubs and clubs around the UK.

On May 22, Sky's new 3D channel will air eight hours of live 3D sport, starting at 2pm with the Championship playoff final between Blackpool and Cardiff City.

David Jones will present the coverage from Wembley Stadium, with Daniel Mann and Garry Birtles handling commentary for the 3D feed.

The game will be followed at 4.30pm by live coverage from France of the Heineken Cup Final between Biarritz and Toulouse, with commentary from Mark Robson and Ieuan Evans.

The broadcast day will culminate at 6pm with the UEFA Champions League final between Bayern Munich and Inter Milan from the Bernabeu Stadium in Madrid.

Richard Keys will present the programme with studio guests Ruud Gullit, Jamie Redknapp and Graeme Souness. Commentary for the 3D feed will come from Rob Palmer and Alan Smith.

Anyone wanting to watch the games in 3D can use an online pub finder on Sky's website to track down a participating venue in their area.

Last edited:

lord_garrincha

I watched Man City Spurs in 3D at the Rose and Crown... After 15 minutes my eyes felt like they've watched three consecutive matches.

The eyes got better in the end, but it only really works well when the cam goes close up, otherwise the advertising hoardings get in the way... and you look like Roy fucking Orbinson (one for the kids :cool:).

SkyBluesAndy

Facebook User
I watched Man City Spurs in 3D at the Rose and Crown... After 15 minutes my eyes felt like they've watched three consecutive matches.

The eyes got better in the end, but it only really works well when the cam goes close up, otherwise the advertising hoardings get in the way... and you look like Roy fucking Orbinson (one for the kids :cool:).

I was thinking of going to the Rose and Crown, what was it like when you watched Man City in 3d was it packed?

lord_garrincha

They have one TV screen and the gaffer makes sure there's loads of seats around it.

Have to give them a fiver for glasses, but you get that back when you return them.

After 15 minutes my eyes felt like that I had watched 3 games on the trot, but eventually got used.

To sum up 3d... Good but not great.

Users who are viewing this thread