Sky on demand (1 Viewer)

aloisiwouldhavescored

Got full Sky TV package including sports and movies and never had any problem with their on demand service. We have got BT broadband and a few weeks ago they sent us a new BT home hub box (old one kept playing up and wouldn't let us go online), with fibre optic.

However, since then the on demand service keeps playing up, whereas it never had before. If I try to go on catch up or the latest movies it says "we can't find an internet connection". I end up just turning the sky box off and when I switch it back on everything is okay again. It's a real pain doing that on a regular basis though.

To add to the mystery we have got 2 sky boxes in different rooms but only one is playing up, the other one is fine.

Not sure whether to spend an hour phoning Sky trying to see if it is their problem, or another hour on to BT.

Has anyone else experienced this problem? Any help would be appreciated, but bear in mind we are not very techno savvy.

chiefdave

Check the network cable between the router and the Sky box you're having trouble with. For some reason if Sky boxes lose their internet connection they really struggle to automatically reconnect and need a restart.

Users who are viewing this thread