Sleaford Mods (1 Viewer)

clint van damme

I thought it was next week! Was going to give it a miss anyway as it was a Monday. Any good?
Seen them a few times recently, nothing like a good angry middle aged rant!

eastwoodsdustman

I went. They were great. Don't know how he can keep up the energy and intensity. Shame about the 'warm up act' though, I think most people stood watching in stunned silence at them.

oscillatewildly

I went. They were great. Don't know how he can keep up the energy and intensity. Shame about the 'warm up act' though, I think most people stood watching in stunned silence at them.
Yes, that killed off the pre gig buzz for me. The Slits/Moe Tucker on drums tribute act that preceded them were ok tho. Or did you mean them?

oscillatewildly

I thought it was next week! Was going to give it a miss anyway as it was a Monday. Any good?
Seen them a few times recently, nothing like a good angry middle aged rant!
First time seeing them. Like what they do a lot. Didn't think they were on for that long tho, mind you didn't check times.
We gambled - And got it a bit wrong, stood near front up against right side wall and the vocals weren't that clear.
Decent crowd, must have sold out. Roll on HMHB!

eastwoodsdustman

First time seeing them. Like what they do a lot. Didn't think they were on for that long tho, mind you didn't check times.
We gambled - And got it a bit wrong, stood near front up against right side wall and the vocals weren't that clear.
Decent crowd, must have sold out. Roll on HMHB!

Were you in the Moshpit? We were half way back and central and it sounded fine. They were only on for an hour but the way he goes for it I reckon he'd struggle to get much more in without killing himself.

bringbackrattles

They really hate Noel Gallagher and they've been slagging each other for years, not sure if it's still going on though ? I'm a rock fan and my mate a fellow Metallica fan can't understand why I like the Sleaford Mods,but why not they're entertaining and don't give a shit !

oscillatewildly

Were you in the Moshpit? We were half way back and central and it sounded fine. They were only on for an hour but the way he goes for it I reckon he'd struggle to get much more in without killing himself.
No, we stayed over by the wall (handy bar for propping the pints) I think you're probably right about time/performance.
I've finally got round to acknowledging (with the help from friends and loved ones) that I may need glasses so it may well be my hearing as well then instead of venue's PA.

clint van damme

They really hate Noel Gallagher and they've been slagging each other for years, not sure if it's still going on though ? I'm a rock fan and my mate a fellow Metallica fan can't understand why I like the Sleaford Mods,but why not they're entertaining and don't give a shit !

they get into it with quite a few people, Slaves, Paul Weller, Blossoms to name but a few!

Users who are viewing this thread