Snow! (1 Viewer)

simmouk

Administrator
So, as tradition, we get a "bit" of Snow (ok, admitedly, London has had a heck of a lot, as have other areas!) but in general, its not the amount of snow that's the problem, it's just our reaction, as a nation, to it! Everyone drops everything and stops! I've had a day off today as the school I work in was closed - it closed early yesterday aswell - yet the weather was worse yesterday morning as I drove in, that it was this morning!

I shouldn't complain really, as I've got a few housey things done today, but I like my job and I would have gone in! Haha.

I had to laugh at most of the media coverage of it all though, making it sound much worse than it actually is! I haven't heard the phrase "since records began" yet, but I'm sure someone has muttered it!

Saying that, after coming home early I was heading out again and actually skidding into the curb just yards from my house, and thudded into the curb side, which was a bit scary (car went left, I corrected by turning right lightly, but it kept going!) so I just came home - but thats just up our street, as it hasnt been gritted - most main roads are OK!

Bunnykins

Have you Stopped singing Xmas Songs now The Snow had gone :D

ccfc1987

any people moan about the weather now

The history of British winters:D:D:D

Written by D.Fauvell and I.Simpson this page cover's many winters from the 17th Century right up to the current day. It includes the 'little ice age' period which many people yearn to see again!

1616: Hot summer with drought similar to that of 1612

1620-21: Frost fair held on the Thames

1626: Dry and hot summer

1635: Severe winter, Thames froze over

1636: Severe drought, rainless for months (reputedly)

1638: Not linked so much to winter, but tornadoes were reported in the South West.

1644: Late January snowfall, lasted 8 days

http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=other;type=winthist;sess=

Users who are viewing this thread