so as we have 10 points taken off..... (1 Viewer)

ccfc92

Does this mean we are in OFFICIAL administration? I dont care wether its holdings or ltd, I mean the same admin as POmpey, Soton etc.....

And also, does this mean we have to find a new buyer as a result?

(I Hope so :wave:)

ampthill_sba

Not imo... The club is viewed to be 'in admin' by the FL and therefore the point are docked and I believe that any appeal will fail.

The only part of the club actually in admin though is the CCFC ltd company and that alone has no saleable assets so cannot be purchased. After all who would by a rental agreement without owning a team and a training ground?

The only way to get the club sold to new owners is if CCFC holdings is sold and SISU will fight his all the way claiming that this is a solvent business. The £58.7m debt is from this company to other SISU companies. SISU regard this as investment that they can't afford to lose so it is listed as club debt in case they have to sell thus ensuring some rebate on their investment.

SISU financial team will be sacked for disasterous decision making.

ccfc92

One thing I don't get, is appealing the decision. If its rejected, will we be deducted more points :(?

Noggin

Not imo... The club is viewed to be 'in admin' by the FL and therefore the point are docked and I believe that any appeal will fail.

The only part of the club actually in admin though is the CCFC ltd company and that alone has no saleable assets so cannot be purchased. After all who would by a rental agreement without owning a team and a training ground?

The only way to get the club sold to new owners is if CCFC holdings is sold and SISU will fight his all the way claiming that this is a solvent business. The £58.7m debt is from this company to other SISU companies. SISU regard this as investment that they can't afford to lose so it is listed as club debt in case they have to sell thus ensuring some rebate on their investment.

SISU financial team will be sacked for disasterous decision making.

If the company in admin has the golden share that is surely all a new buyer needs, can build a new team from scratch, perhaps this is even more attractive. but dont take this as gospel im confused as hell

ampthill_sba

If the company in admin has the golden share that is surely all a new buyer needs, can build a new team from scratch, perhaps this is even more attractive. but dont take this as gospel im confused as hell

That's the NFL model...buy the share and start Coventry Cougars in a new stadium in S Warwickshire.

In reality the assets and player registrations are needed too IMO.

However I hope you're right...if SISU have allowed the possibility of someone buying the club for £1.3m leaving them with players, a training ground and £60m debt.. That would be poetic justice! (But not for the players).

Grendel

The club is in admin as the golden share clearly is held with the company.

The league view both companies as the same. Sisu can continue to fund players salaries if they wish but for what purpose?

There will be new owners if any actually are interested but it is very likely 15 points will come off when they come in.

Noggin

That's the NFL model...buy the share and start Coventry Cougars in a new stadium in S Warwickshire.

In reality the assets and player registrations are needed too IMO.

However I hope you're right...if SISU have allowed the possibility of someone buying the club for £1.3m leaving them with players, a training ground and £60m debt.. That would be poetic justice! (But not for the players).

they dont need to move or rename though they have the share that surely gives you the name coventry city, they would have the arena, all they would need is players, I dont see that ccfc holdings has anything a buyer needs

ampthill_sba

The club is in admin as the golden share clearly is held with the company.

The league view both companies as the same. Sisu can continue to fund players salaries if they wish but for what purpose?

There will be new owners if any actually are interested but it is very likely 15 points will come off when they come in.

A further 15 point deduction only if the admin is not exited via a Company Voluntary Agreement (CVA) or breaking FL rules.

I don't think we'll get rid of SISU tbh they can't afford to lose their money (it will break their brand). So they won't agree a CVA easily but the admin can be exited by sorting out the rental deal.

ampthill_sba

they dont need to move or rename though they have the share that surely gives you the name coventry city, they would have the arena, all they would need is players, I dont see that ccfc holdings has anything a buyer needs

I agree that once you have a fl golden share and a ground you've got the 2 hardest parts of a FL club... I just don't think that the FL will permit a takeover where the players aren't included (TUPE arrangements and unions would be crossed for a start).

Users who are viewing this thread