So what do you want? (1 Viewer)

Paxman II

Now I'm no fan of SISU let me make that clear.
I'm also no fan of the council controlled ACL.

However the outpouring by some here that SISU are still the devil incarnate and wanting to still promote any way to get rid of them is just ludicrous.

So please now the dust is settling on the outcome, what exactly did you want and for that matter expect to happen?
Not accepting the outcome however liked or disliked, is something we all do in life everyday. I would have thought the time is to stop the SISU protest against them owning our club and move such protest to a new agenda aimed at SISU and the Council (ACL) for getting our club back at the Ricoh and sorting out those revenue streams?

Any hope you had of some white knights riding in like Haskell/Hoffman and placing fantastic bids was always one of the worst bets you could have made given their previous form don't you think?

So support what we have - a club surviving and looking to move forward.
As I said many times so many were culpable for the mess we have had so concentrate of improving what is.

We have players training and a manager wanting to get on with the job and I for one am pleased we have at least the prospect of a season ahead that can still be filled with optimism - I just hope it's preferably at the Ricoh. So get behind that!

Sub

want sisu gone and new owners inplace that want to invest in the club team and fans not lie to the fans not invest and alienate everybody and this assosiated with the club

Last edited:

Nonleagueherewecome

I'm far too pissed off with SISU to support them any longer with my custom. They've screwed the club and the fans over too much for me to forgive. I was praying that they would be forced out as, like ACL, I can't see how we can move forwards as a club with them at the helm. I was intending to not renew my ST even if at The Ricoh, but just go to some home games; I feel so sick now that I'll make it a couple of away games instead. And quietly hope that they do sell up or get forced out at some point so that I can go to all home games again.

Paxman II

I'm far too pissed off with SISU to support them any longer with my custom. They've screwed the club and the fans over too much for me to forgive. I was praying that they would be forced out as, like ACL, I can't see how we can move forwards as a club with them at the helm. I was intending to not renew my ST even if at The Ricoh, but just go to some home games; I feel so sick now that I'll make it a couple of away games instead. And quietly hope that they do sell up or get forced out at some point so that I can go to all home games again.

the problem I have with this is you fail to see that it is still 'your football club' regardless of who owns it surely? To that end I will support and watch their games and pray for success. If success comes then the quicker such deplorable owners will eventually go won't they?
So a stance against them by not supporting your football club is in fact a bit of an own goal by you I'm afraid.

bigfatronssba

I want owners that care about the club, know what they are doing, and are playing at the Ricoh.

I don't care who delivers that, but one thing for sure is sisu can't deliver.

You talk about putting pressure on acl, they have said and shown numerous time they will deal with anyone but sisu.

Basically sisu have a problem, which they have transferred to Ccfc. Its sisu that need a new ground, not the football club.

Paxman II

want sisu gone and new owners inplace that want to invest in the club team and fans not lie to the fans not invest and alienate everybody and this assosiated with the club

You sir did not pat attention to the OP.

the rumpo kid

best you can hope for now is for the team to play at the ricoh and for the club to pay a reasonable rent and have the match day food drink and car park takings so the manager has something to spend on the team.

ajsccfc

The immediate thing I'd like is a competitive football team playing in the city. This isn't beyond the realms of possibility for this season with a bit of pride-swallowing and some canny transfer work (I'm fairly sure we could get a handful of more useful players for less than we've been paying Bell and McSheffrey).

Long-term, it's hard to imagine when we don't really know what's happening in two months' time. I don't believe there will be any new stadium though, I know that much.

Paxman II

I want owners that care about the club, know what they are doing, and are playing at the Ricoh.

I don't care who delivers that, but one thing for sure is sisu can't deliver.

You talk about putting pressure on acl, they have said and shown numerous time they will deal with anyone but sisu.

Basically sisu have a problem, which they have transferred to Ccfc. Its sisu that need a new ground, not the football club.

No I said pressure on both sides! With reference to ACL though they can't simply ignore dealing with the football club they so need at the Ricoh simply because of any personal issues members of ACL have with their counterparts at SISU. That's grossly unprofessional and one of the combining reasons we went through all this darn mess in the first place.

hatchett87

I struggle to see my club and SISU as one and the same. I see SISU more as a long term illness which I hope will eventually be cured. When I hear Fisher speak, I don't hear someone involved at my club but more an unwelcome guest.

Paxman II

I struggle to see my club and SISU as one and the same. I see SISU more as a long term illness which I hope will eventually be cured. When I hear Fisher speak, I don't hear someone involved at my club but more an unwelcome guest.

I hear your sentiment but if we kick off and are top by Xmas will you still be complaining?

Sub

paxman sisu are not here for anything else apart seeing a profit for there investors they dont give a shit about the club fans or the history the administrator was in their pocket from day one and its a disgrace they still own us and i pray the FL/FA throw it out because they are shadey as hell and nothing they do is clear its all about hiding it in different companies and tax havens it is just complete and utter shit im affraid :(

SkyBlueSwiss

the problem I have with this is you fail to see that it is still 'your football club' regardless of who owns it surely? To that end I will support and watch their games and pray for success. If success comes then the quicker such deplorable owners will eventually go won't they?
So a stance against them by not supporting your football club is in fact a bit of an own goal by you I'm afraid.

No, it is not my football club. It belong to SISU, and their stated intent is to take it away from Coventry. So no, it is not my football club.

Paxman II

paxman sisu are not here for anything else apart seeing a profit for there investors they dont give a shit about the club fans or the history the administrator was in their pocket from day one and its a disgrace they still own us and i pray the FL/FA throw it out because they are shadey as hell and nothing they do is clear its all about hiding it in different companies and tax havens it is just complete and utter shit im affraid :(

Sub while I understand your frustrations and shared by many on here the fact what you say is just sentiment and bears no relation to reality or seeing the reality of the corporate world, how that can operate (legally) and by the same process many companies do on a daily basis. To suggest the administrator was in their pocket is absurd and a dangerous accusation. He has to act within the law. I'm sure he would not risk his whole career on some skulduggery do you, seriously?
Why pray for the FL or FA intervention to 'throw t out'? What then?!!

Time to accept as I said in my OP. Concentrate on what we can effect which is getting these two divided sides together and a deal for the Ricoh sorted. In the next 100 years the football club will have more bad owners and good owners but we will always have a football club we can support.

mark82

No, it is not my football club. It belong to SISU, and their stated intent is to take it away from Coventry. So no, it is not my football club.

I'm starting to think a new club along the lines of FC United is a possibility in Coventry.

For me it's not just about SISU, it's the unsustainable nature of football in this country. At some point it's going to implode in a big way.

dongonzalos

If the football club is in Walsall, Birmingham, Northampton it becomes their football club for me more than 10 miles outside Coventry it is no longer ours.

Paxman II

Then I assume you will support someone else from here on in then? So guess you will be leaving these boards too as it's not your football club?

lordsummerisle

I want to shag Jenna Louise Coleman.

Think I'll set up a petition, go round to her house when she's not in, and not partake of any dairy products(except for milk and cheese) on Saturdays until she agrees to make sweet, sweet love to me.

mark82

Sub while I understand your frustrations and shared by many on here the fact what you say is just sentiment and bears no relation to reality or seeing the reality of the corporate world, how that can operate (legally) and by the same process many companies do on a daily basis. To suggest the administrator was in their pocket is absurd and a dangerous accusation. He has to act within the law. I'm sure he would not risk his whole career on some skulduggery do you, seriously?
Why pray for the FL or FA intervention to 'throw t out'? What then?!!

Time to accept as I said in my OP. Concentrate on what we can effect which is getting these two divided sides together and a deal for the Ricoh sorted. In the next 100 years the football club will have more bad owners and good owners but we will always have a football club we can support.

The FA & PL refused to stand in the way of a Man Utd takeover when fans vented their anger. This is what lead to the formation of FC United. What makes anyone think they would stand in the way of the "takeover" of a little club from Coventry.

mark82

I want to shag Jenna Louise Coleman.

Think I'll set up a petition, go round to her house when she's not in, and not partake of any dairy products(except for milk and cheese) on Saturdays until she agrees to make sweet, sweet love to me.

Good plan. May just work. ;)

ajsccfc

Jenna Louise Coleman looks lovely, but I don't think I could give up Muller corners. Consider my cap doffed.

Paxman II

If the football club is in Walsall, Birmingham, Northampton it becomes their football club for me more than 10 miles outside Coventry it is no longer ours.

The OP is about support at the Ricoh. But to answer this point I agree but would all depend on whether it really was 'outside' Coventry? I remember clearly the protestations against us moving to the Ricoh with some suggesting it was Nuneaton! But they all went even in the 3rd tier with 32,000 for a JPT semi. Good lord how did that happen!

dongonzalos

The OP is about support at the Ricoh. But to answer this point I agree but would all depend on whether it really was 'outside' Coventry? I remember clearly the protestations against us moving to the Ricoh with some suggesting it was Nuneaton! But they all went even in the 3rd tier with 32,000 for a JPT semi. Good lord how did that happen!

I won't be going to watch Walsall in the JPT semi next season.

Paxman II

The FA & PL refused to stand in the way of a Man Utd takeover when fans vented their anger. This is what lead to the formation of FC United. What makes anyone think they would stand in the way of the "takeover" of a little club from Coventry.

Boy oh boy so very different! You and others mark have to take it on the chin and come back and fight another day but for now support the team and put your wishes into ACL and SISU making a deal.

SkyBlueSwiss

Then I assume you will support someone else from here on in then? So guess you will be leaving these boards too as it's not your football club?

Pax,
I have openly stated several times that I would like to see COVENTRY PHOENIX FC come into being, rapidly progress up the leagues and play at the Ricoh in an amiable and beneficial relationship with ACL, HIggs, CCC and especially the fans. For me this would become my club, because SISU FC playing in Walsall or wherever has nothing to do with me or with my football club.

The Reverend Skyblue

I just want to enjoy my football again.

My sentiments exactly. Eight words that sum everything up for me and the little crowd who were going to home games next season. We want to look forward to going again, have a few beers before and after and end it with a junk food binge like the good old days.

As I've been away for a few years my old crowd continued to go home and some away, and for a long time now they have been telling me how they have enjoyed the matchday experience less and less. The constant shit that surrounds the club makes it very hard to look forward to Saturdays like they used to, and with the heavy handed stewarding and just total lack of atmosphere at home has made it become a bit of a chore, rather than something they enjoy and look forward to.

With me coming back last year they were going to give it one more go and see if it picked up again, but with the chaos and bad feeling/hate towards SISU, they have decided to try something new and look into non league football where mostly you are welcomed and appreciated, and with cheaper entrance and beer, that you can take with you to pitchside ,they and me can see the attraction of trying something different for a few years until these disgraceful con merchants have left the club and disappeared back to the cesspit they came from

Last edited:

Buster

Now I'm no fan of SISU let me make that clear.
I'm also no fan of the council controlled ACL.

However the outpouring by some here that SISU are still the devil incarnate and wanting to still promote any way to get rid of them is just ludicrous.

So please now the dust is settling on the outcome, what exactly did you want and for that matter expect to happen?
Not accepting the outcome however liked or disliked, is something we all do in life everyday. I would have thought the time is to stop the SISU protest against them owning our club and move such protest to a new agenda aimed at SISU and the Council (ACL) for getting our club back at the Ricoh and sorting out those revenue streams?

Any hope you had of some white knights riding in like Haskell/Hoffman and placing fantastic bids was always one of the worst bets you could have made given their previous form don't you think?

So support what we have - a club surviving and looking to move forward.
As I said many times so many were culpable for the mess we have had so concentrate of improving what is.

We have players training and a manager wanting to get on with the job and I for one am pleased we have at least the prospect of a season ahead that can still be filled with optimism - I just hope it's preferably at the Ricoh. So get behind that!

As a supporter of our incoming rulers I have to tell you that any resistance is futile . It has been noticed that some of you have been collecting in large groups to protest against our new regime . This will do you no good ,submit to us and we will improve your team and your stadium. We know what is best for you . Together we go forward for a new future and when the the railway station comes ,the trains WILL run on time.

Users who are viewing this thread