Soccer AM scrapped (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Not surprisingly really, although they are putting that Saturday social thing on at that time now.

Basically just a few gimps off social media chatting nonsense. It's awful.

Bertola

Shame, especially as it seems to have improved in the last couple of years again (although still nowhere near like it was in it's heyday).

I was actually in the audience of weeks ago (when Noel Gallagher was on), was a pretty cool experience. Bullard and Jill Scott were brilliant with all the audience after the show. Bullard was playing football with the kids in the car park for ages.

Sick Boy

I still remember ‘the incident’ with the skirt when the Cov fans were on there years ago.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Controversial - but it lost its way when the “lads lads lads” culture of the show went. I always loved getting up early to watch that show - then go to the game

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I was there when my step daughter was chosen as the Soccer-ette, back in the 90's. (I think that's what it was called.) Anyhoos, after the show we were invited to the bar area and had a pint with Hells Bells and Tim Lovejoy. Chatted to them for a good while. Helen was lovely and Tim, surprisingly, said he always looked out for Cov City result as he had a soft spot for them, even though he's a Chelsea fan! Had a kick about later in the car park area.

img132.jpg

img010.jpg

img014.jpg

img012.jpg

And my step-daughter............ (No silly comments, please!!)

ANGELA.JPG

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Been dying for a long time, as someone said it was really over once the culture that spawned had died.

Still it's a shame when something you remember from being young ends.
it was more entertaining - the silly skits, the soccerette, taking the piss out of other football teams, literally all the same banter that groups of football lads had.

was great for starting the day out. Was never meant as a serious show - trying to go serious is what killed it

David O'Day

it was more entertaining - the silly skits, the soccerette, taking the piss out of other football teams, literally all the same banter that groups of football lads had.

was great for starting the day out. Was never meant as a serious show - trying to go serious is what killed it
But it couldn't of stayed like that as that culture died as well. It was of it's time and that time ended.

no_loyalty

It’s been awful since Helen Chamberlain and Tim Lovejoy left.

Nick

Administrator

Exactly. It was trying to be something it was never going to work as. It was too try hard.

Brighton Sky Blue

CCTV
Boston Goals
Topless Weather
Yorkshire News

Probably more I've missed but all brilliant

Nick

Administrator
CCTV
Boston Goals
Topless Weather
Yorkshire News

Probably more I've missed but all brilliant
Yeah the only thing they really did was the soccer Saturday thing but was the same every week pretty much.

They really seemed to be struggling for guests, some of the bands were dog shit.

You then had Jimmy Bullard acting like he's best mates with everybody.

Brighton Sky Blue

Yeah the only thing they really did was the soccer Saturday thing but was the same every week pretty much.

They really seemed to be struggling for guests, some of the bands were dog shit.

You then had Jimmy Bullard acting like he's best mates with everybody.
I'm talking back in the Lovejoy/Chamberlain era

David O'Day

It was alright when max Rushden presented it, also he unlike Lovejoy didn't change the football team he supported

SBT

Did it go serious? All I’ve ever seen of recent shows were endless segments of Jimmy Bullard doing football drills.

Have to say that very few of the old clips doing the rounds today have aged very well. The idea of a three hour show devoted to football tricks compilations and landfill indie bands may have made sense in 2005, but is clearly insane now. And Tim Lovejoy has always been a bell-end.

Ian1779

I think it’s alright now - they’ve cut the time down on it to not drag it out, and who wouldn't love to have a go at the some of the football challenges they do.
It’s going to replaced by the Saturday social where we get to see you tubers talking about PL football… like we don’t get enough of it on Sky Sports news already.

I’d love a show dedicated exclusively to the EFL.

Bertola

I saw a tweet saying it's essentially been killed by social media. All the funny clips from matches, showboating etc have all be seen by the time the show goes live. Hard to argue

olderskyblue

Controversial maybe, but I couldn’t stand Tim Lovejoy. I thought he was only there to try and become mates with every guest he had on the bloody show. Cretin. :D

Users who are viewing this thread