Spurs - Bale is not for sale (1 Viewer)

Coventry La La La

Gareth-Bale-celebrates-Spurs-v-Blackburn_2526752.jpg
Levy expects quiet transfer window for Tottenham
Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy has moved to reassure supporters that the club have no intention of selling Gareth Bale.
The Wales international has become one of the most in-demand players in the Premier League after a series of scintillating displays this season.
The 21-year-old scored a hat-trick in Spurs' 4-3 defeat by Inter Milan in Italy, before running the European champions ragged as Rafa Benitez's men were beaten at White Hart Lane.
That has led to speculation that Bale could be on his way to pastures new, but Levy insists that is not the case.
Levy told the club's AGM: "I've never deemed us to be a selling club, if you look at the big transfers which have taken place since I've been chairman.
"Both (Dimitar) Berbatov and Michael Carrick had two years left on their contract, both players wanted to go and that was the reason they were sold.
"But in the case of Gareth he's got a long contract and I can assure you he will not be sold."
The transfer window opens again on 1st January, but Levy has admitted that there is unlikely to be much business done by the White Hart Lane club.

Redknapp

Levy added: "The January transfer window is again upon us. We currently have the largest squad in the Premier League.
"We shall look to rationalise... Overall, we do not anticipate a busy transfer window."
Manager Harry Redknapp has also been linked with a move from White Hart Lane when the England job becomes available following Fabio Capello's reign.
And Levy conceded that is a bridge the club may well have to cross if the Football Association come calling.
"Harry is on a long-term contract. If and when they contact us we will have to deal with it accordingly," Levy added.
As for the prospect of the club itself moving from White Hart Lane to the 2012 Olympic stadium, Levy insisted he was aware of the mood of the fans.
Many fans favour redeveloping the current site but Levy added: "I'm a fan, I have lots of friends who are fans, and I have lots of interaction with fans everyday.
"I do talk to people and have feedback so without any surveys I can tell you I have a pretty good feel as to what the mood is."

Users who are viewing this thread