Standing Terraces at the Ricoh (1 Viewer)

The Philosopher

Jan 16, 2014
Complete Theoretical Question about the Ricoh here:

If CCFC is technically a New Company / New Club playing in the lower leagues, am I right to think that it dopesn't have to have an all seater stadium?

If the unlikely happened and SISU/CCFC agreed a lease / purchase of the Ricoh, would the Ricoh, technically, have to be an all seater stadium? Could it create a standing area prior to a club return?

I am aware of the different view of different fans as to the pro's and con's of terracing, I am just curious as to the technical side - is it a theoretical possibility?

edgy

Mar 21, 2011
I pretty sure you can have some terracing in League 1.

The Philosopher

Jan 16, 2014
Would we have to rip it out straight away? I thought it was at the end of the third year in the Championship for newly promoted clubs - hence the Newco angle may apply?

Anyway, I don't think I am alone in saying the Ricoh has better facilities than HR but lacks atmosphere. Safe standing and removing a whole load of blindingly empty blue plastic seats may improve the atmosphere I guess.

Specs WT-R75

Dec 10, 2013
Isle of Man
Would we have to rip it out straight away? I thought it was at the end of the third year in the Championship for newly promoted clubs - hence the Newco angle may apply?

Anyway, I don't think I am alone in saying the Ricoh has better facilities than HR but lacks atmosphere. Safe standing and removing a whole load of blindingly empty blue plastic seats may improve the atmosphere I guess.

And after 3 more years who knows SS might be allowed then... pipedreams we are further away from a return than ever :(

The Philosopher

Jan 16, 2014
I don't know we are further away than ever. SISU's game plan is to get the Ricoh on the cheap and to make it look like they are not bothered - classic negotiation technique. Another negotiation technique is to have something over (or perceived to have) the other party.

Wouldn't be surprised to learn that their (SISU) masterplan is to attribute the losses this season to CCC / ACL on the basis of a successful JR (citing that somehow that the loan was illegal and hence they had to move away, lost fanbase, income etc.)

A potential massive claim against the council, even with the slightest perceived chance of success has negotiation value.

I.e., an £ 80 million (just plucked out of thin air, but it wouldn't surprise me with SISU) claim with a potential total costs liability of say £ 20m means a potential £ 100m risk to CCC.

Similarly, SISU may somehow write in that "potential future gain or claim in progress" into their reports to investors in order to patch over their losses (not sure how it works in offsure accounting but you get the idea.)

CCC will have to allow for that potential liability in their funding projections - however unlikely it is - it has to be declared as a potential future liability in their accounts. Public finance has to be a lot more transparent than private finance.

It's exactly that type of "risk potential" that gets people to negotiate out and wish to settle to get rid of any potential future problems. A legal team will have to express their view as to the percentage risk potential to CCC so that the figure can be provisioned as a future liability, they won't risk saying zero, CCC will have to value that risk as a real figure.

I've seen this kind of thing first hand.

I have often wondered what SISU are playing at since their plan makes no sense, the above is the only thing I could come up with.

SISU have made no real effort to build a stadium or plan or anthing else other than some fairly cheap (in relative terms) BS.

The Philosopher

Jan 16, 2014
Probably posted last post in the wrong place. Not a lot to do with terraces. New to this posting lark!

runner

Aug 28, 2011
Probably posted last post in the wrong place. Not a lot to do with terraces. New to this posting lark!

New or not ... it was a good post and made a lot of sense ... it must be worrying for the Council I agree, they must have started some kind of fund to ensure that if the JR goes badly for them ... that it could seriously bite them on the bum if other costs then get sued for ... such as lost revenue etc.

Users who are viewing this thread