Star Trek discovery (1 Viewer)

skybluejelly

Starts tomorrow on Netflix .. I know a few on here don't like sci-fi but personally really looking forward to it ..it is set before the original Star Trek and the trailers look great

Otis

Will give ot a whirl, but haven't liked any of the TV incarnations since 'Next Generation.'

Captain Dart

Wasn't Enterprise before the original series?
That started off well but as usual the Yanks tried to stretch it out over as many series as possible and rather lost its way.
It lost viewers gradually over the 5 years it ran. I think the natural life of things like this is about 3 series, then you should have a bit finale and fire up a new series with a different cast.

dutchman

The pilot movie for the series flopped spectacularly on American TV last night:

Fast-Demo-2017-Sep-24.SUN_.png

chiefdave

I fell asleep watching it but it seemed really stretched out. Not sure I'll bother watching it again to see what I missed.

dutchman

American television cleverly only showed the first part of the pilot movie as there was nothing about the second part that would make anybody want to take out a subscription to watch the remainder of the series.

Otis

Just watched the third epsisode. I have to say I enjoyed it. Quite promising so far.

chiefdave

Watched the third episode, way better. They could have condensed those first two episodes down to an opening narration and it would have been a much better start.

Covstu

watched the first three, it is okay. Will be interested to see how far they veer from the Klingon history that was in the other series and I am sure trekkies are ripping it apart already. A decent watch so far.

Users who are viewing this thread