starting 11: ENG VS POR (1 Viewer)

Does anyone know if it's a home/away game and what stadium it's gonna be played at?

11(4-3-3):

Forster
Rose
Cahill
Smallin
Clyne
Alli
Henderson
Wilshire
Sterling
Kane
Rashford

Tad

Kane's been pretty poor so far.

Walker was being greedy with that never going in shot and just before that Rooney should have done better.

Tad

Before then.

Also, is Carvalho latin for git?

Tad

Feels like we're missing a playmaker in the middle. None of them seem to see their surroundings and who's open.

They've all been pretty average.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Rooney not done to much wrong. I think 100% passing, good at through balls, very attacking minded what's wrong is that header he had should have been a headed pass to vardy or kane

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

This is pretty much the XI I would play. I would probably drop Rooney and play Barkley.

Sterling has no place in the team for me.

Tad

Difficult to say just yet. I'm quite surprised by Portugal though. Apart from that one chance where our defender kicked it away in the first 20, I don't think they've onced looked like scoring.

Otis

To be fair he did just nearly get his head kicked off!

Could imagine any Italian, Spanish, German, French, Croatian or Greek forwards doing what Kane did and try to keep playing on?

There would have been rolling and rolling and rolling in agony for minutes on end and a mass surrounding of the ref.

Fair play Harry Kane.

Reactions: Tad

Tad

Here we go again. It's always the same with Spain, Italy and Port. They're not winning so they play dirty.

SkyblueBazza

Hmmmm...5 'strikers' eh Roy?

D'you think he is wishing he'd chosen to double up on defenders & leave the 'strikers' at home instead

...onwards & upwards PUSB

Tad

Just some thoughts on the squad. We didn't learn much about defence as for the majority of the game they weren't needed due to Portugal's nonexisting attack, we did however learn a lot about our own attack.

We're simply unable to create anything playing the short ball as we lacked the playmaker and the number of players upfront. I think we'd be better off playing a more countering style once the other team have committed. Use the long ball on the breakout. It was the only time we ever looked a threat upfront tonight.

Otis

Thought Wilshere did well when he came on. Very much the right decision to take him to France in my opinion.

Thought Milner did nowt. Alli looked bright and so did the two fullbacks, but Kane and Vardy up front just didn't work at all.

steve82

Tonights game proved to be nothing more than a training game, Portugal with 10 men were not going to offer anything to challenge us in a friendly only try and be resilient and take a clean sheet. This made them hard to brake down as the Tempo became not existent and lack of movement key. One of our strengths are mainly our attacking threat from pace in the side and tonight we could not get in behind them as they sat too deep.
Positives to take forward to France from tonight are for me Kyle Walker, Danny Rose and Jack Wilshere and the clean sheet.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Liquid Gold

Thought Wilshere did well when he came on. Very much the right decision to take him to France in my opinion.

Thought Milner did nowt. Alli looked bright and so did the two fullbacks, but Kane and Vardy up front just didn't work at all.

Milner did plenty of giving the ball away

Liquid Gold

I think Kane and Vardy could work, it didn't tonight because Rooney played between them meaning they both had to try and play down the channels which is not their natural game.

CJ_covblaze

Game wasn't the best but was killed off by a stupid challenge. What was Bruno thinking? Risking a lengthy ban, injury to an opposition player and a hammy/groin himself. Thought Rooney did ok but think he should play behind Vardy and Kane rather than between them. Still have no idea why Sterling is in the squad. Townsend certainly has more right to be there. Walker had an outstanding game and deserved his MOM. Sturridge fluffed two relatively easy chances which would've been buried by Defoe. Will Joe Hart ever have an easier game than that? I know Portugal had 10 men but San Marino, Lithuania and Estonia have all troubled our penalty area and goal frame more in recent games.

Gazolba

Kane's been pretty poor so far.

<snip>

What do you expect when you stick Vardy and Kane on the wings?

Gazolba

<snip> Still have no idea why Sterling is in the squad.<snip>

He makes things happen and he set up the goal. He's one of the only England players that can unlock a defence. Rooney certainly wont.

Gazolba

<snip> but Kane and Vardy up front just didn't work at all.

They weren't up front! They were on the wings and Kane was taking the corners!

ajsccfc

Portugal have regressed from a team filled with fine individuals to 'Ronaldo and Pals' at the moment, like a more tanned Wales. That Sanches kid who came on looked bright and is very highly rated so they could do with more of him and fewer chancers like Quaresma.

Gazolba

Have you noticed how the France, Portugal and England team are slowly becoming totally black. Pretty soon it will be like the Olympic sprinters and marathon runners, it will be rare to see a white player.

Otis

No, not noticed that at all.

Anyway, thinking back to Thursday didn't we have Rooney, Miner, Hart, Cahill, Kane and Vardy playing for us?

Users who are viewing this thread