Stephen Darby (1 Viewer)

Magwitch

Just read Bradford City’s Stephen Darby has had to retire at just 29, having been diagnosed with Motor Neurone Disease, just like to wish him the best in what could become a massive fight against an evil disease.
Puts lots of things in prospective.

BornSlippySkyBlue

Yes it does. Average life expectancy of 3 years post diagnosis. And potentially not a good 3 years either.

Got to feel for the bloke and his family.

Captain Dart

Absolutely tragic.

Grendel

This is appalling. People I know invest money in cancer charities and great strides have been made in treatment of many forms but there is nothing that can be done with MND and it’s a 100% death sentence and a pretty grim sentence at that.

clint van damme

This is appalling. People I know invest money in cancer charities and great strides have been made in treatment of many forms but there is nothing that can be done with MND and it’s a 100% death sentence and a pretty grim sentence at that.

very sobering assessment. What a horrible disease. Only 29, poor chap.

Grendel

Nick

Administrator
Didn't really know much about it so just googled it, I know it's harsh but I think I'd probably able to deal with being given a time that I would die rather than knowing potentially that would happen :(

Magwitch

It is a horrid thing, I knew someone who had and lasted 6 years which is quiet long and appalling mental suffering, everything gradually stops working except your brain which stays as active as ever, truly awful.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

My uncle passed away from it last year. He had it for around 10 years and it was really hard to watch. The whole thing took so long.

In the end I couldn't bring myself to see him for the last stages. I felt like a coward but I didn't want my good memories of him to be overshadowed. If excuses count for anything the horrid descriptions the rest of my family gave me didn't do much to encourage me.

I don't think I've ever seen my dad upset until the day of his funeral. It's a fucking awful disease and I pray to God that I never get it.

The only concelation was that about 3 weeks after his death we had my wedding in Mallorca. My Aunt and Neice were then able to travel and it was the best I'd seen them in so long. I guess it was relief at him being out of his misery, and them finally being able to grieve properely.

Best of luck to this guy, I wouldn't wish it on anyone.

clint van damme

My uncle passed away from it last year. He had it for around 10 years and it was really hard to watch. The whole thing took so long.

In the end I couldn't bring myself to see him for the last stages. I felt like a coward but I didn't want my good memories of him to be overshadowed. If excuses count for anything the horrid descriptions the rest of my family gave me didn't do much to encourage me.

I don't think I've ever seen my dad upset until the day of his funeral. It's a fucking awful disease and I pray to God that I never get it.

The only concelation was that about 3 weeks after his death we had my wedding in Mallorca. My Aunt and Neice were then able to travel and it was the best I'd seen them in so long. I guess it was relief at him being out of his misery, and them finally being able to grieve properely.

Best of luck to this guy, I wouldn't wish it on anyone.

Thought provoking post.I don't want to give you a like for it because it doesn't seem appropriate. I think you'll get what I mean.

Users who are viewing this thread