Stewards at the CCFC-WBA game (1 Viewer)

singers_pore

Deliberately trying to provoke an argument - utter cunts.

chiefdave

Can't see, what is it?
Stewards asking fans to sit in the right seats (looks like they might have been sat in a block that wasn't open as nobody else seems to be sat there on the video, maybe you just can't see them). Fans won't move to where their tickets are so others start having a go at the stewards.

Simple tip to avoid this problem in the future: buy a ticket for the seat you actually want to sit in :happy:

better days

Any idea how Jones came to be involved? At one point was up behind block one then seemed to be moved into the corporate but by a red jacket steward? Atleast it looked like Jodi anyway
From what I heard some of the stewards didn't believe he was a player and wanted to see his ticket

singers_pore

Stewards asking fans to sit in the right seats (looks like they might have been sat in a block that wasn't open as nobody else seems to be sat there on the video, maybe you just can't see them). Fans won't move to where their tickets are so others start having a go at the stewards.

Simple tip to avoid this problem in the future: buy a ticket for the seat you actually want to sit in :happy:

Or stewards can apply a basic level of common sense.

hill83

Nobody comes out of this looking good. The stewards could well be being jobsworths but it's their job. They aren't there for a laugh and have no doubt been told what to do.
The people kicking off, just sit in your fucking seat. Kicking off and filming it isn't going to get you anywhere.

CJ_covblaze

Nobody comes out of this looking good. The stewards could well be being jobsworths but it's their job. They aren't there for a laugh and have no doubt been told what to do.
The people kicking off, just sit in your fucking seat. Kicking off and filming it isn't going to get you anywhere.

You’re right about being told what to do. One thing for certain is that this sort of thing wouldn’t happen if Chris O’Neill was able to do his job without interference.

letsallsingtogether

Got tickets in different blocks when buying on the door with my 10 year old. Mmmmmmmmm
Well if he is old enough to go to a checkatrade game he's old enough to sit in a different stand..........
seriously though doesn't make sense as long as your not in someone else's seat why should it matter, not like it was a full house.

ccfctommy

There was a thousand people there you muppet!

Nick

Administrator
Was it a particular block they were doing it in? There wasn't really many stewards down by the Jimmy hill flag end

eastwoodsdustman

We paid on the gate last night and were told by one of the stewards that we HAD to sit in the right block for our tickets. Apparently the stadium safety officer has insisted on it to the stewards and he'd had a real bee in his bonnett about it. Had a bit of a chat to the steward and he told us that they had no choice but to do what they were told as the safety officer called the shots and the club had little or no say in what went on at all. I think that the stewards were as pissed off about enforcing pointlees rules as the fans were.

singers_pore

We paid on the gate last night and were told by one of the stewards that we HAD to sit in the right block for our tickets. Apparently the stadium safety officer has insisted on it to the stewards and he'd had a real bee in his bonnett about it. Had a bit of a chat to the steward and he told us that they had no choice but to do what they were told as the safety officer called the shots and the club had little or no say in what went on at all. I think that the stewards were as pissed off about enforcing pointlees rules as the fans were.

In that case I retract my earlier statement that the stewards were acting like cunts. It’s the safety officer who is the c**t. How can it be in the interests of “safety” to provoke a needless confrontation wth fans?

oucho

If I've got a job to do, I do it properly.
"Don't worry about it boss I was applying common sense, see you Monday"
"No you won't"
During my working life I have applied my own judgement as I saw fit, usually based on experience or, as some call it, common sense. I am yet to be fired for doing so.

Some of the people I sit with at the Ricoh feel the same way about him.

Ah, so you sit with Grendel?

Apparently the stadium safety officer has insisted on it to the stewards and he'd had a real bee in his bonnet about it. Had a bit of a chat to the steward and he told us that they had no choice but to do what they were told as the safety officer called the shots.

What's he worried about??

stevefloyd

Dont the idiot powers that be realise that if there is a good relationship between fans and stewards any time a steward has a problem with a twat that there will be good people to help, if said steward is heavy handed and being a twat and something kicks off the same potential helpers will sit there and laugh

hotrod

Due to an expected low crowd I expect there were fewer stewards than usual so I suspect that the stewards tried to keep the crowd in a manageable area to make it easier to steward.

Regards.

The Lurker

was you there?

When paying on the gate you get given a random ticket. 4 of us went up and when we checked the tickets they were not together. So we sat in a different block with plenty of empty seats. Stewards instead of using common sense went OTT. If it was a sell out I would understand but there were so many empty seats there!

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Due to an expected low crowd I expect there were fewer stewards than usual so I suspect that the stewards tried to keep the crowd in a manageable area to make it easier to steward.

Regards.

Yeah especially after how nasty it could have got had those 1,400 could have got towards the 42 away fans!

Nick

Administrator
Seen a video now (no sound) of people arguing with stewards.

Were they just moving them out of a particular block? Both games I just sat in a random seat and had no issues.

Users who are viewing this thread