Still on Target. 2 points a game. On 2.33 points average over last 3 games (1 Viewer)

shoesmith81

We are still on course for the top 6.

3 games ago I worked out we need to be averaging around 2 points a game.

After todays draw we are averaging 2.33 points a game.

Still on course for the top 6.

Keep the faith!

covcity4life

Yup...2 wins and a draw every 3 games will do nicely

Be a real shame if we don't make playoffs, defeat seems rare in the league since robins joined, I'd like to see how we do in playoffs

Paxman II

I think a draw at a very difficult Deepdale with their physical style of play and looking desperate to get a win at home is a good result.

Can't help thinking though that we are leaking too many goals too easily. Wood and the Edge both good but there is a dynamic missing somewhere? Perhaps the Edge is more suited to less physical games and Cameron could be untilised instead for this type of game?

That apart you felt we could have won it but it did not happen. A plus is Clarke scoring again and that's a good sign though I did not hear much from him as the game progressed?

Overall it sounded like a decent point and we have to be happy with that and others around us, apart from Bournemouth at home dropped points. We will do better against less physical sides for sure and there won't be any games any tougher for us than going to Deepdale or Bramel Lane.

covcity4life

The way robins been talking I could see edge being dropped perhaps

Saying that it shudnt get any more physical than Preston from now on till end of season

Mucca Mad Boys

I think a draw at a very difficult Deepdale with their physical style of play and looking desperate to get a win at home is a good result.

Can't help thinking though that we are leaking too many goals too easily. Wood and the Edge both good but there is a dynamic missing somewhere? Perhaps the Edge is more suited to less physical games and Cameron could be untilised instead for this type of game?

That apart you felt we could have won it but it did not happen. A plus is Clarke scoring again and that's a good sign though I did not hear much from him as the game progressed?

Overall it sounded like a decent point and we have to be happy with that and others around us, apart from Bournemouth at home dropped points. We will do better against less physical sides for sure and there won't be any games any tougher for us than going to Deepdale or Bramel Lane.

Cameron and Wood is a decent defensive partnership, but both, technically, are poor, look so uncomfortable, MK Dons a home is a clear example, and because we look to play from the back, it isn't ideal. I'm not to keen on Edj anymore...

theferret

That's a poor result today. You have 14 efforts on target away from home and you should be winning the game.

Preston are a poor side who have been battered at home recently. No need to panic and not the end of the world, but good result? Not if we are serious about winning promotion it isn't.

BackRoomRummermill

That's a poor result today. You have 14 efforts on target away from home and you should be winning the game.

Preston are a poor side who have been battered at home recently. No need to panic and not the end of the world, but good result? Not if we are serious about winning promotion it isn't.

Any point away from home is a good point.

stupot07

We are still on course for the top 6.

3 games ago I worked out we need to be averaging around 2 points a game.

After todays draw we are averaging 2.33 points a game.

Still on course for the top 6.

Keep the faith!
What about the last 5? 7 points - 1.4 points per game - not good enough.

It's easy to choose parameters to suit particular arguments.

shoesmith81

My calculation of needing 2 points a game was made 3 games ago. 7 points out of 9 is a really good return.

Still 16 games to go so a lot of twist and turns can still happen.

dongonzalos

I agree stats can be manipulated.

However taking the last 15 games is a damn good measure of how a team are going.

1 Bournemouth 14 .....2.21
2 Brentford 13 .....2.15
3 Doncaster Rovers 14 .....2.07
4 Swindon Town 12 . .... 2.00
5 Coventry City 15 .....2.00
6 M K Dons 11 .....1.82

We are averaging 2 points a game over the last 15.

I think another striker will be coming in as well so onwards and upwards.

Last edited:

stupot07

I agree stats can be manipulated.

However taking the last 15 games is a damn good measure of how a team are going.

1 Bournemouth 14 9 4 1 5 1 26 12 +14 31 2.21
2 Brentford 13 8 4 1 6 2 20 10 +10 28 2.15
3 Doncaster Rovers 14 9 2 3 6 2 23 13 +10 29 2.07
4 Swindon Town 12 7 3 2 7 3 26 5 +21 24 2.00
5 Coventry City 15 9 3 3 2 2 34 16 +18 30 2.00
6 M K Dons 11 6 2 3 4 0 20 15 +5 20 1.82

We are averaging 2 points a game over the last 15.

I think another striker will be coming in as well so onwards and upwards.

Other than sheff utd that's the top 6, meaning we're not really gaining on them.

ps1948

We are not scoring enough but its goals conceded that's costing us

We have scored 49 goals - only Bournemouth have scored more.........obvious I know, but if we just scored one per match, and stopped the opposition scoring then we'd all be happy

Users who are viewing this thread