Still Shaking my head (1 Viewer)

covboy1987

On a positive note It looks like we are back on track and results are going our way - but I am still shaking my head in disbelief that a bottom six team Yeovil can come to Ricoh and bang 6 goals in against our team with supposedly the best defensive in the division and the frightening thing Yeovil could have truly scored 9 or 10 on another day - I was thinking after the disgrace maybe Yeovil clicked in some way and will be up there next season - no chance they were beaten at home the next game 3-0 and threashed again today 4-1

vow

if we go up, I'll look back and believe it was the best result of the season, as it gave us a kick up the arse and cant just take teams for granted...plus we got all/most of our fuck-ups out in one game.

Gazolba

It was an aberration, lets hope it's the only one.
It does make you wonder though how well we are prepared for some games.

skybluebelgium

Yeovil 6 points, Forest Green 6 points and Morecambe 3 points (second game still to play)
They staying up with those wins and we miss automatic promotion .....

Liquid Gold

I was pissed off after the game but the more I thought about it the more obvious it was we’d had a difficult away game in bad conditions a couple of days before where we battled for a point whereas Yeovil were fresh as anything after 3 weeks off. It would have been a very different game had Yeovil played on the Friday too.

CovBurty

I was that angry with the Yeovil result. Watching that performance it felt almost as tho they threw the game. Conspiracy Theory kicked in. Maybe Fisher told the players we don't want the auto spot, too easy. So you lose to Yeovil and then get into the play off, so we get an extra 3 games for Joy to dribble over. The performance was that bad my theory becomes more plausible. Wouldn't put it past the ugly numpty Fishface.

itsabuzzard

I was that angry with the Yeovil result. Watching that performance it felt almost as tho they threw the game. Conspiracy Theory kicked in. Maybe Fisher told the players we don't want the auto spot, too easy. So you lose to Yeovil and then get into the play off, so we get an extra 3 games for Joy to dribble over. The performance was that bad my theory becomes more plausible. Wouldn't put it past the ugly numpty Fishface.
I suppose it's never too early for some people to start drinking. Which reminds me...

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

vow

giphy.gif

play_in_skyblue_stripes

I did wonder if some SISU action or plan had a negative impact on players attitude and result by something behind scenes.

Ok picked up since then but quite weird based on league poisition and relative strength of defensive over whole season.

itsabuzzard

I did wonder if some SISU action or plan had a negative impact on players attitude and result by something behind scenes.

Ok picked up since then but quite weird based on league poisition and relative strength of defensive over whole season.
Is that you, Cov Burty?

Hobo

Thank God we haven't got a team who are still shaking their heads over Yoevil

Reactions: vow

steve cooper

We made 3 mistakes in quick succession that were clinically punished, simple as that. It's difficult to recover from that whatever the opposition. A combination of our heads going down, frantically chasing the game, and fresher opposition accounted for the other 3. Our solid defense made another one on Friday but luckily we were already 2 up.

harvey098

Yeovil wasn’t a “freak”. It’s quite plain what happened. Rare individual errors caused us to chase the game and unfortunately our two slowest centre halves kept getting done for pace. If Willis was playing they wouldn’t have scored 6.

CovBurty

We made 3 mistakes in quick succession that were clinically punished, simple as that. It's difficult to recover from that whatever the opposition. A combination of our heads going down, frantically chasing the game, and fresher opposition accounted for the other 3. Our solid defense made another one on Friday but luckily we were already 2 up.
Yes they were individual errors, but Fisher insisted they look real. But he basically passed the ball to the striker for the first. Fisher told him to do that one.....

CovBurty

Yes they were individual errors, but Fisher insisted they look real. But he basically passed the ball to the striker for the first. Fisher told him to do that one.....
I'm talking about Burge. lovely pass to the striker. so simple it looked like a mistake. didn't fool me.

steve cooper

well, we are a very imaginative, inventive, cunning, and clever species so some conspiracy theories have to be correct

CovBurty

well, we are a very imaginative, inventive, cunning, and clever species so some conspiracy theories have to be correct
Yes. those SISU boys are very clever and cunning. but they can't fool me. 6 bloody 2. who are they kidding? the boys did as they were told. medication sorted now, start working on my next theory.

itsabuzzard

Yes. those SISU boys are very clever and cunning. but they can't fool me. 6 bloody 2. who are they kidding? the boys did as they were told. medication sorted now, start working on my next theory.
Can't wait.

Amcoventry

Maybe something to do with Indian bookmakers and the chance to get some money to buy some good players when we go up next year??

Paxman II

We should have secured an auto spot by now but we didn't because we dropped the ball a few times this season and that's our own fault.
There are one or two results this season that we should never have lost regardless of one or two quirky results everyone has.

Users who are viewing this thread