Stoke Details Confirmed - Saturday 6th January (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
3PM on a Saturday!

NEWS: Sky Blues versus Stoke City FA Cup details confirmed!

stoke-city-prices.jpg

Tickets on Sale on friday, 6 per ST holder. Don't all rush ;)

westofrayne

Sorry but I think it's steep for a 3rd round tie, whatever happened to £20 is plenty?

I know the club need the gate money but there needs to be a balance between cost v crowd, my gut feeling is the cost is too high, I hope I'm wrong and 20k turn up but I think we maybe looking at 10-12k

CJ_covblaze

Sorry but I think it's steep for a 3rd round tie, whatever happened to £20 is plenty?

I know the club need the gate money but there needs to be a balance between cost v crowd, my gut feeling is the cost is too high, I hope I'm wrong and 20k turn up but I think we maybe looking at 10-12k

The pricing is wrong. £20 for adults, £10 for concessions and a quid for kids should’ve been the maximum. However it’s the FA that set the prices isn’t it? I don’t think either club have a say. FWIW I doubt it would’ve been higher than 15-18k anyway.

pusbccfc

That's poor from the club and a decision they will regret. That will take about 3000 home fans off the gate and possible a couple thousand from Stoke.

Any chance of 20k+ is gone.

coop

The cheeky sods have got a match day increase where there wasn't one in the first two games.I'll give this a miss.

pusbccfc

Stoke haven't been given a figure for the allocation yet, WMP are to confirm it.

A lot of Stoke fans think they will block the allowance of 6000.

steve82

Prices have to be agreed with Stoke who are entitled to 45% of takings, as are we. 10% goes into the pot for prize money

pusbccfc

The pricing is wrong. £20 for adults, £10 for concessions and a quid for kids should’ve been the maximum. However it’s the FA that set the prices isn’t it? I don’t think either club have a say. FWIW I doubt it would’ve been higher than 15-18k anyway.

Don't think so. The page suggests it was agreed with Stoke.

better days

Let's be honest it's the biggest game since Wembley last season
It will definitely be an occasion with so many visiting fans and our players will enjoy playing in front of so many fans at home
Lets all try to enjoy it and get behind Robins and the boys

ajsccfc

As it's the same price asked for League 2 games it's not all that bad in comparison, ideally both would be a little south of £20 though.

steve82

I'm gonna rock the boat here. What was people hoping for?

The ticket prices as I understand have to be agreed between the two clubs. CCFC would accept a similar price to a L2 match day or lower. Stoke will oppose any reduction in tickets as it don't help them any as they're not interested in packing the Ricoh as it gives us the advantage of extra fans in the stadium.

So stoke will push for our usual match day price as they view themselves as a premier league club and a good draw. If roles were reversed and we were the top club, CCFC wouldn't give a monkeys about the lower opposition.

Stoke will see it as they will be contributing with likely 4'500/5'000 fans as we do in the league.

It's CCFC who desire the extra revenue from the match day.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

I don't know where the decision has come from, but they've royally fucked this up.

I know £22 is not a huge amount, but any chance of filling the stadium has now gone. This needed to be a cheap one that would be more of a temptation really. This was a good chance of reigniting the fan base a little bit, but instead they'll now be about 1 Stoke fan for every 2 CCFC fans, which is really embarrassing.

I wanted to go but was on the fence having my own game that day, which is a pretty big one too. This makes the decision for me, so they'll be one less person at the Ricoh at least...

Nick

Administrator
I'm gonna rock the boat here. What was people hoping for?

I think people seemed to have got it into their heads the tickets would be cheap without any hint of it.

People will focus on the most expensive matchday price nearly a month in advance as the reason they won't go, instead of just ordering in advance for £22.

CCFC need as much money as they can get, the main money is through tickets. Dropping them to £15 from £22 wouldn't have filled the ground like some think.

How much was Arsenal away?

steve82

I think people seemed to have got it into their heads the tickets would be cheap without any hint of it.

People will focus on the most expensive matchday price nearly a month in advance as the reason they won't go, instead of just ordering in advance for £22.

CCFC need as much money as they can get, the main money is through tickets. Dropping them to £15 from £22 wouldn't have filled the ground like some think.

I'm sure if it was solely CCFC then there would be a reduction as like we both say it's CCFC who want the stadium packed. Stoke have no interest in this and just want the day done with and through to the 4th round.

It's quite funny really, many wished for a premier league tie at home, yes we wanted a top 6 club. We get a prem side at home who we have to agree a price for the event and everyone says woo, too much I'm out.

It's CCFC v Stoke. Take it or leave it.

CovBurty

if you want to support the City you go. Otherwise stop moaning and go away. For many it's a one off anyhow. Didn't hear this moaning about Wembley tickets and we were a relegated crap team last year. I'm going.

play_in_skyblue_stripes

To put this in perspective.....
I paid 17 Euro to watch Bundesliga game last season with second best team in Germany playing.
Man City last champions league game was 30 pounds.
My first season ticket as a 16 year old in 1979 was 10 pounds for whole season in top league.

Prices in English football are totally out of sync with rest of world.

Putting SISU aside and our rubbish league position, the price of tickets stops me going. It's not good value at all.

I went to game at Oldham last year and paid 24 pounds. It was all round in every aspect an UNenjoyable experience and waste of money.

Price would never have stopped me going to football but it does now. I am now very selective. Not been last season or this season. Travelling to Coventry and then the high admission charge, just not worth it. It's an English football problem for sure and not just Coventry.

Hope its a good game and we win!!

Last edited:

CV22SBA

I'm sure if it was solely CCFC then there would be a reduction as like we both say it's CCFC who want the stadium packed. Stoke have no interest in this and just want the day done with and through to the 4th round.

It's quite funny really, many wished for a premier league tie at home, yes we wanted a top 6 club. We get a prem side at home who we have to agree a price for the event and everyone says woo, too much I'm out.

It's CCFC v Stoke. Take it or leave it.
Its a no from me. Premier League Clubs are not interested one bit in the FA Cup and Stoke will just play the reserve team. The crowd will be 10-12K with 3-4K from Stoke.

fernandopartridge

I know £22 is not a huge amount, but any chance of filling the stadium has now gone. This needed to be a cheap one that would be more of a temptation really. This was a good chance of reigniting the fan base a little bit, but instead they'll now be about 1 Stoke fan for every 2 CCFC fans, which is really embarrassing.
No, what you're really saying is that the one-a-season brigade had an ideal opportunity to attend but don't want to pay full price. I could understand reduced prices IF the gates this season had been any good, but they haven't. Season ticket holders might deserve a discounted ticket but not many others do (including me).

Cavan O'Doherty

Let's be honest it's the biggest game since Wembley last season
It will definitely be an occasion with so many visiting fans and our players will enjoy playing in front of so many fans at home
Lets all try to enjoy it and get behind Robins and the boys
The problem is they won't be playing in front of many fans with them ridiculous prices.

Last edited by a moderator:

ovduk78

Hasn't been £20 is plenty for a few years I don't think?
I thought that was for L1 & L2, it was whenever Coventry set their price at £20 but it only lasted for a season. In the PL away tickets are capped at £30, teams like Man City and Arsenal were charging £60 for away fans and some away fans were boycotting them

christonabike

Dont worry all the extra will go into Sisu`s pocket anyway blah blah.......lol
If people want to go they will go. Its not outrageous and both clubs have to agree on the price. We need all the money as we can and maybe a few quid might secure a decent loan to bolster the team. Im not going I will be honest as Im just fed up of it all but its not the price that will keep me away. I admire everyone who goes fair play to them.

Travs

If we don't get a "good" crowd for this (20000+) then we can only blame ourselves as a fan base. Everyone wanted a premier league team and we've got one. Would people be crying about £22 if it was Man Utd or Liverpool? No, they'd be creaming themselves. Fairweather support in full effect again.

Ps I also believe football is too expensive across the board in England. And I'm also in no way surprised at the negative reaction. But it does blow away the idea that we'd pack out the Ricoh in the premier league or the championship every week.

Kingokings204

£22 is not a massive amount and you get to see a traditional lower league at home against a premier league team. A somewhat local ish team also who will bring a few. £22 for them will be fairly cheap I would of thought. £22 if drawn to Birmingham or villa would be a bargain to many and they are a league lower.

We all know the biggest revenue for the club is ticket money and it’s no shock and why should it be reduced in a way? People have a choice.

I’m more shocked there isn’t an offer for wycombe just before Christmas on a cold Friday night. That is more a missed trick imo.

Londonccfcfan

Amazing how so many so called "fans" or "supporters" have so much to say so soon about the fa cup draw thread.

Yet these will be same so called fans that won't turn up home or away in the next round or haven't bothered in the previous two rounds.

Pathetic really.

The above is an extract from a comment i made in the FA CUP thread at 6:47pm couple of hours after the Boreham wood game on Sunday.

Since my above comment on sunday we have been Drawn at home vs an established premier league team in Stoke. and listen to them all still moan. unfuckingbelievable.

LMFAO: Seriously why do we even care about these folks or glory hunters. All they do is fucking comment on everything but don't support the team on any front. Glad these fuckers turn up so we don't have to hear them moan non stop about everything and anything.

ccfcchris

That is a very good point.
Ps I also believe football is too expensive across the board in England. And I'm also in no way surprised at the negative reaction. But it does blow away the idea that we'd pack out the Ricoh in the premier league or the championship every week.[/QUOTE]

Users who are viewing this thread