Stoke investigate after Kenwyne Jones finds pig's head in locker (1 Viewer)

jon92

http://m.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/may/17/stoke-kenwyne-jones-pigs-head

Kenwyne Jones has found a pig's head in his locker, in what the striker's Stoke City team-mate Brek Shea described as "Locker room banter gone wild".

Glenn Whelan was reportedly responsible for the incident, leading to Jones allegedly smashing the windscreen of the midfielder's car.

Jones's partner, Kissa Abdullah, reacted angrily on Twitter, saying: "Big men acting like kids a pigs head is not a prank its just disgusting!!!!! Wtf??? I don't get how was that sup 2 be funny!!!! Really???"

Shea posted a picture of the pig's head on Instagram. The club are examining the affair.

Otis

http://m.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/may/17/stoke-kenwyne-jones-pigs-head

Kenwyne Jones has found a pig's head in his locker, in what the striker's Stoke City team-mate Brek Shea described as "Locker room banter gone wild".

Glenn Whelan was reportedly responsible for the incident, leading to Jones allegedly smashing the windscreen of the midfielder's car.

Jones's partner, Kissa Abdullah, reacted angrily on Twitter, saying: "Big men acting like kids a pigs head is not a prank its just disgusting!!!!! Wtf??? I don't get how was that sup 2 be funny!!!! Really???"

Shea posted a picture of the pig's head on Instagram. The club are examining the affair.

Kenwyne Jones' missus is having an affair with Glenn Whelan? :thinking about:

rob9872

... because all jokes are acceptable providing that you don't upset the muslims ....

rob9872

Fairy liquid on the windscreen is much better ;-)

SkyblueBazza

... because all jokes are acceptable providing that you don't upset the muslims ....

That's right - I'm sure you'd have found it much funnier to have liquidated some of the said pig & mixed it in with his cornflakes? That wouldn't be offensive to a Muslim either I suppose???

rob9872

Oh of course that's exactly what I said wasn't it ....

SkyblueBazza

Oh of course that's exactly what I said wasn't it ....

What's up? Offended? Maybe not - but if I now start to tell you it's only banter (it wasn't by the way), that would perhaps inflame you. I'm sure many of us know some devout religious people who, as it appears to people like me, are really easily offended by some things. To them it is very serious stuff though - & when you live/work among people like that, you have to either become more aware & careful, or not care much if you offend them or not.
My guess is this was a prank too far & I hope it's dealt with sensibly, amicably & successfully with simple communication between young(ish) adults & their manager. The alternative is fines & bans etc which probably just divide people further.

Mucca Mad Boys

We don't what has built this up, but it does appear that there's been ongoing 'banter' between those two players, I don't know the significance of the pigs head but, I think Jones' reaction was OTT.

SkyblueBazza

We don't what has built this up, but it does appear that there's been ongoing 'banter' between those two players, I don't know the significance of the pigs head but, I think Jones' reaction was OTT.

Whether he's Muslim or not - if it was, as I read, wrapped in his clothes (probably expensive) maybe not so OTT...but a lesson to all really...to THINK a bit more about the impact on the recipient. Although, we have all been there - just not in the public eye thank goodness!

Tad

He can't be Muslim. We would of at least seen one flag burning riot by now if he was...

Users who are viewing this thread