Stuart Hall Arrested (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
I'm not following your logic.

If the punishment was more lenient because of the laws and punishment at the time the offences were committed then would they do the same if it was murder and hang them?

I just thing because of his age and the fact he was famous the sentence was stupidly lenient.

Blue Maniac

If the punishment was more lenient because of the laws and punishment at the time the offences were committed then would they do the same if it was murder and hang them?

I just thing because of his age and the fact he was famous the sentence was stupidly lenient.
Is hanging more lenient than a mandatory life sentence then?

Blue Maniac

No but my point was if the sentence was worse then, would they have given him that? Or was it a way to give him a shorter sentence because of who he is.
It seems unlikely. Utterly impossible in the case of murder, because the death penalty was abolished decades ago. While we're on the subject, I'm of the opinion that the burden of proof on the prosecution in cases of murder should be much greater, and that juries should not be anywhere near such cases.

dutchman

That fella got 5 or so years today, although it still isn't right what he did at least it was consensual so why the difference in sentencing?

I'm splitting hairs here Nick but legally a girl under 16 cannot consent to having sex with any adult and a girl under 18 cannot consent to having sex with a teacher, guardian, social-worker, etc.

Obviously, just like that famous artist who molested under-age models:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ed-girls-14-year-period-walks-free-court.html

Last edited:

dutchman

24502d1329586823-got-new-red-eye-intro-tips-farnsworth-good-news.jpg

Stuart Hall sex attack sentence to be reviewed

The sentence given to BBC broadcaster Stuart Hall for convictions for sexual abuse will be reviewed following complaints he "got off lightly".

Hall, 83, received a 15-month jail sentence in June after admitting 14 offences against girls aged nine to 17 between 1967 and 1985.

The Attorney General Dominic Grieve has referred the sentence to the Court of Appeal for review.

Victims' charities claimed the sentence was unduly lenient.

Court of Appeal judges will decide whether the sentence should be increased.

dutchman

Stuart Hall sentence ruled 'unduly lenient', doubled to 30 months

Stuart Hall's 15-month prison sentence has been doubled after being ruled "unduly lenient".

A review had been prompted after the Attorney General's office received 150 complaints about the sentence.

Lord Chief Justice Lord Judge announced the doubling of the sentence at the Court of Appeal today (July 27) after hearing arguments on the matter.

The Attorney General said that "the overall criminality was not reflected in the sentence".

Hall's lawyer QC Crispin Aylett said that there was nothing wrong with the sentence, adding: "If the object was to see this man punished, disgraced and financially ruined then all of that has been more than achieved."

The broadcaster was not present in court, but listened to the hearing from HMP Preston via a video link.

Users who are viewing this thread