Summer 17 signings (2 Viewers)

Rich

New Signings
Liam O'Brien - Keeper - 2 year deal - 25YO - 58FIFA 17
Jack Grimmer - Right Back - 2 year deal - 23YO - 66 FIFA 17
Rod McDonald - Defender - 2 year deal - 25YO - 60FIFA 17
Dominic Hyam - Defender - 21YO - 57FIFA 17
James Pearson FIFA 17 - 62 rating - FIFA 17 (NON CONTRACT BASIS)
Michael Doyle - Midfield - 35YO - 64FIFA 17
Liam Kelly - Midfield - 2 year deal - 27YO - 66FIFA 17
Tony Andreu - Midfield - 2 year deal - 29YO - 67FIFA 17
Peter Vincenti - Winger - 2 year deal - 30YO - 62FIFA 17 (Can play both wings)
Marc McNulty - Striker - 2 year deal - 24YO - 64FIFA 17
Maxime Biamou - Striker - 2 year deal - 26YO - not on FIFA 17
Duckens Nazon - Striker - Loan from Wolves - 61FIFA17

Renewals

Lee Burge - Keeper - 2 year deal - 24YO - 59FIFA 17
Chris Stokes - Defender - 2 year deal - 26YO - 63FIFA 17
Ryan Haynes - Defender - 2 year deal - 21YO - 61FIFA 17
Dion Kelly-Evans - Defender - 1 year deal (+option) - 20YO - 60FIFA 17
Devon Kelly-Evans - Midfield - 1 Year Deal - 20YO - 54FIFA 17
Stuart Beavon - Striker - 2 Year Deal - 32YO - 67FIFA 17

Last edited:

Rich

Definitely a change from the youthful squad of last season which was balanced by players who were probably past their best.

oucho

Apart from Hyam which is an English surname, the rest of them sounds like we've gone celtic with Scottish/Irish contingent joining us

Sky Blue Pete

Marc McNulty - Striker - 2 year deal - 24YO
Michael Doyle - Midfield - 35YO
Liam Kelly - Midfield - 2 year deal - 27YO
Rod McDonald - Defender - 2 year deal - 25YO
Dominic Hyam - Defender - 21YO
Liam O'Brien - Keeper - 2 year deal - 25YO
Fifa 17 ratings

McNulty 64
Doyle 64
Kelly 66
McDonald 60
Hyam 57
Obrien 58

Rich

Is that good or bad?

The below is from FIFA 16 so it's just before the 15-16 season. Gives you an idea.

1. Sam Ricketts – 72
2. Reda Johnson – 71
3. Romain Vincelot – 67
4. John Fleck – 67
5. Jim O’Brien – 65
6. James Maddison – 64
7. Marcus Tudgay – 64
8. Jacob Murphy – 64
9. Adam Armstrong – 63
10. Aaron Martin – 63
11. Ruben Lameiras – 63
12. Aaron Phillips – 61
13. Jordan Willis – 61
14. Conor Thomas – 61
15. Ryan Haynes – 60
16. Chris Stokes – 59
17. Lee Burge – 58
18. Reice Charles-Cook 57
19. Bryn Morris – 54
20. George Thomas – 54
21. Ivor Lawton – 54
22. Jack Finch – 54
23. Dion Kelly-Evans – 53
24. Ben Stevenson – 52
25. Cian Harries – 52
26. Devon Kelly-Evans - 51

Rich

This is FIFA 15 so September 2014.

UPDATE: Deadline Day loan signings Seb Hines and Frank Nouble have both been added to Coventry City’s squad, and both are silver cards with 65 overall ratings. Danny Pugh has been switched to a left wing-back, Jordan Clarke to right wing-back to accommodate City’s 5-3-2 formation, whilst Jack Finch, Ivor Lawton, James Maddison & George Thomas have had their positions confirmed (CM, CM, ST & ST respectively.)

Rich

As FIFA 17 seems to be a measuring stick, I've added their ratings to the original post. To be fair, the signings thus far are as good as the team that kept us in League 1 season before last.

tigersb

Apart from Hyam which is an English surname, the rest of them sounds like we've gone celtic with Scottish/Irish contingent joining us
Nothing wrong with Scottish connection Tommy Hutch,Jim Holton,Gordon Strachan etc etc

oucho

Nothing wrong with Scottish connection Tommy Hutch,Jim Holton,Gordon Strachan etc etc
Did i say there was anything wrong? It was pure observation.

thekidfromstrettoncamp

While not wishing to pour cold water on signings so far surely we must look for more strikers the only one we have signed has only a one in 4 record in English football and our team only managed 37 goals in 46 league games last season.

Nick

Administrator
It just needs us to wait and see the players who don't sign to know what we need.

As it stands I think we are a striker away assuming people stay and people re-sign.

ccfchoi87

Thomas, bigi and Haynes left then? If they all sign we don't have much else left to do. Maybe another striker, centre half and a winger

Rich

But when you look at someone's 11 as it stands in the ST Sales thread he's got three holes in the side.

thekidfromstrettoncamp

Thomas, bigi and Haynes left then? If they all sign we don't have much else left to do. Maybe another striker, centre half and a winger
"Maybe another striker" me thinks at least more than 1, 37 goals in 46 games tells the tale .If I'm right 10 of those were from players no longer at the club

steve82

It just needs us to wait and see the players who don't sign to know what we need.

As it stands I think we are a striker away assuming people stay and people re-sign.

But when you look at someone's 11 as it stands in the ST Sales thread he's got three holes in the side.

I still stand by my as stands my team of registered players from July 1st would be

---------------O'Brien----------------
DKE----*****-----McDonald----Stokes
----------Doyle(c)------Kelly-----------
--******--------McNulty-------*****--
---------------********--------------

Burge - Hyam - ***** - ***** - K Thomas - JJ - Beavon

I still think Turnbull will be leaving, and I don't fancy him for league two. Beavon I think will stay, Willis will be sold along with Harries and Stevenson if the Money is right. Reid I think will be given a free transfer too.

There is still plenty of room to strengthen the starting 11 and squad especially in the attacking areas with George Thomas yet to commit and goals to find.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ccfchoi87

Burge
Willis McDonald Stokes Haynes
Stevenson Doyle
Thomas McNulty Jones
Beavon

O'Brien, Turnbull, Harries, DKE, Kelly, Reid, Thomas

If everyone signs we look pretty strong. Need squad depth out wide and maybe in midfield. I wouldn't know how good maycock Shipley etc are to put them in the squad but you would assume there will be a few who are capable of filling in occasionally. For me a striker and a centre half and then replace anyone who leaves. We also have 5 loans to use which could easily provide some pace and flair on the wings. To me that's what loans should be used for.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
IMG_1412.PNG Official list released by the EFL of retained and released list (assuming the little (o) against names means out of contract?

Our squad looks relatively small, although it doesn't show our new signings as it's correct as of now, and they aren't actually ours yet.

On a side note, Looking at some of the middle names of some of the kids; Can Cian harris have a name that sounds anymore Welsh? DKE even have the same initial for middle names! Corey Addai if he ever makes it to number had better just want Addai on his shirt :D Guessing Willis' middle name is from a grandad and not just a name his parents 'liked'?

https://www.efl.com/siteassets/efl-documents/efl-released-and-retained-list---2016-17.pdf

Nick

Administrator
More importantly, can we just call Jones Felice instead?

Some great names going on there.

Rich

I'd like to see us bring in a 65+ rated striker to help get those goals that we need.

Users who are viewing this thread