Superbowl (1 Viewer)

Otis

Anyone?

Going to try and last it out. I usually try and watch, but also have it on record in case I start to doze off.

Backing the Seahawks tonight. Should be a good game.

ajsccfc

With their girly concussions! It's like sewing or something lol!

I've waited a good few years for the Seahawks to get back to the big dance, so fully expect Manning to boss it. So long as there isn't the horrific officiating of 2006.

Otis

With their girly concussions! It's like sewing or something lol!

I've waited a good few years for the Seahawks to get back to the big dance, so fully expect Manning to boss it. So long as there isn't the horrific officiating of 2006.

Do remind me. What happened in 2006?

ajsccfc

There was a catalogue of poor decisions and blown calls, but the worst was when Big Ben was tackled short of the goalline and then moved the ball over the line and was awarded the TD.

Darth Robins

Would love to see some rugby league players doing this without pads!

[video=youtube;78qF72JwJwA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78qF72JwJwA[/video]

ajsccfc

Kam Chancellor's a monster, he was player of the game against the 49ers. L.O.B!

EDIT: can't talk of monsters and leave out a beast. The play that literally made the earth move:

[video=youtube_share;xSZdntRnQVg]http://youtu.be/xSZdntRnQVg[/video]

Last edited:

Otis

There was a catalogue of poor decisions and blown calls, but the worst was when Big Ben was tackled short of the goalline and then moved the ball over the line and was awarded the TD.

Sort of recall that.

My memory isn't quite what it used to be. Now, what was the question again?

bringbackrattles

Did you ever watch that programme when I think it was Bill Beaumont went to the States he thought that as well that is till he went up against a linebacker said never again also said he understood why the padding.
I played Union for three seasons for Pinley and the Standard so I'll obviously stick up for a sport I've played.I'm being light hearted really as they do take big hits,but so did I at playing as a Centre though, and I wished many times I'd wore some protection !

ajsccfc

lJ8IusK2Tqieh5hdR8EwuSkJo1_500.jpg

Still remember this one like it was yesterday, can't remember a more breathless finish.

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

I played Union for three seasons for Pinley and the Standard so I'll obviously stick up for a sport I've played.I'm being light hearted really as they do take big hits,but so did I at playing as a Centre though, and I wished many times I'd wore some protection !

Rugby players are hard men but the American Football players can be monsters probably feels like being hit by a train:eek:

bringbackrattles

Yes. For a long time. Moved up north and realised Rugby League is a much more interesting game to watch (although never played league)
Union at club level isn't all about kicking it's the opposite.Rugby League is a great game too and enjoy watching it as well.I only ever played Union so can't compare the two.

mark82

Union at club level isn't all about kicking it's the opposite.Rugby League is a great game too and enjoy watching it as well.I only ever played Union so can't compare the two.

To be fair I was talking more about watching than playing. Always enjoyed playing.

Anyway, we are taking this well off topic now.....

ajsccfc

Ready to go! I'm so glad that I booked tomorrow off work months ago, unlike the day after the NFC Championship.

dUBaXpA.jpg

Otis

Said the same thing about many a girl I've met over the years.

ajsccfc

Imagine being from New Jersey and having to watch as everyone pretends your state doesn't exist.

ccfc92

I like the game, but the constant stopping is the downside of nfl. The stadium looks great though, how many there? 100k?

mark82

I like the game, but the constant stopping is the downside of nfl. The stadium looks great though, how many there? 100k?

I hope not, it only holds 82,500. Looks a fantastic stadium though.

I wish we could see the American adverts in the breaks.

ccfc92

I hope not, it only holds 82,500. Looks a fantastic stadium though.

I wish we could see the American adverts in the breaks.

Ah ryt. Plus those on the sidelines lol. Yeahh, jeep are sponsoring the sky coverage. Imagine how much that costs. So much money in this game today it's rediculus lol. Plus the 1.3 billion chicken wings eaten on superbowl Sunday is mad lol

Do they really TD ? - actually they do not in 19/20 attempts they just run over the line ALSO why is it called football ? - they rarely use their feet if at all - sorry ajsccfc but the game totally confuses me despite serious attempts.

Users who are viewing this thread