Surgeons: at the edge of life (1 Viewer)

Sky Blue Pete

BBC 2 9-10.30

Just unbelievable what the human race is capable of

Sky Blue Pete

I don't know why but I expected the neurosurgeon to be a bit more dispassionate so it was interesting to see how he was emotionally affected by the lady who was paralysed.
Thought that was powerful too
The broken spine on the scan was crazy too wasn’t it? They were all gutted in the room

SkyBlueScottie

I don't know why but I expected the neurosurgeon to be a bit more dispassionate so it was interesting to see how he was emotionally affected by the lady who was paralysed.
I thought the same, watched too many tv progs / films where they are all portrayed as brilliant but cold and aloof. Ive watched lots of stuff like this and it never fails to amaze how they can be so delicate one minute, to chiselling out a bone graft.

Hertsccfc

I thought the same, watched too many tv progs / films where they are all portrayed as brilliant but cold and aloof. Ive watched lots of stuff like this and it never fails to amaze how they can be so delicate one minute, to chiselling out a bone graft.
It was an excellent programme and I agree this part was really interesting and powerful. Not surprised though that they are affected this way. They are human and the vast majority will have gone into a job like this because they really care about people.

Sky Blue Pete

It was an excellent programme and I agree this part was really interesting and powerful. Not surprised though that they are affected this way. They are human and the vast majority will have gone into a job like this because they really care about people.
Friend of mine was a consultant paediatrician and was advised not to get too emotionally involved to avoid burn out. He always said it was precisely because he was emotionally involved that he could do his job. I understand both points of view

Users who are viewing this thread