Match Thread Swindon Town - Coventry City Match Thread - Tuesday 26th Sep (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Discuss the Swindon Town - Coventry City match, tactics and predictions :)

jordan210

A must win really. Swindon are our bogey team.

Still have nightmares of that game in 2015 when we should have won comfortably and ended up with a draw after a 90 min penalty.

We must be due to destroy them. So please let it be on Tuesday.

fernandopartridge

A must win really. Swindon are our bogey team.

Still have nightmares of that game in 2015 when we should have won comfortably and ended up with a draw after a 90 min penalty.

We must be due to destroy them. So please let it be on Tuesday.
4 times we've thrown away the lead there: 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

W

westcountry_skyblue

Looking forward to this one,My first game this season and direct trains there and back!!

W

westcountry_skyblue

Weve took good numbers there last two seasons,Shame its a night game!

skybluejelly

Don't like Swindon they are our real bogey team ..we haven't beaten them in the league since 1964 ... Even when we play well they manage to snatch a draw or win ... If we beat them ..I will start to believe ....".

Otis

Not a must win for me, but most definitely one we cannot afford to lose. That would be 4 loses in 10 games and close to losing half our matches so far.

We keep not picking up points away from home and it could become like a millstone round our necks.

Biggest concern for me is on the injury front. Vincenti and Beavon now on top of Andreu. Hope it's not too bad a news.

Sky Blue Harry H

If we keep on winning our home games (and I think we'll beat Crewe) then we need to be picking up the odd win away (at least 1 in 3, hopefully more) and it will be enough to keep us up there. I think other teams will weaken as the season unfolds (as have less strength in depth than us - only my opinion!). If we are in touch with the top 3 towards November, I really will fancy us to have a good season.

Otis

If we keep on winning our home games (and I think we'll beat Crewe) then we need to be picking up the odd win away (at least 1 in 3, hopefully more) and it will be enough to keep us up there. I think other teams will weaken as the season unfolds (as have less strength in depth than us - only my opinion!). If we are in touch with the top 3 towards November, I really will fancy us to have a good season.

Won't have less strength in depth for much longer if our players keep getting injured.

Paxman II

After their win Saturday they will have confidence. We will be their toughest opponents so far. Think we are better than them so a win away with Nazon scoring and Jones.

Johnnythespider

Hope we can win but will take a point, if we are serious about going up we can't afford to lose 40% of our games.

Otis

After their win Saturday they will have confidence. We will be their toughest opponents so far. Think we are better than them so a win away with Nazon scoring and Jones.
Did they win Saturday as well as Friday then?

Captain Dart

Interestingly.

skybluepm2

1-1. Doyle to rescue a point with ten to go in an even, ill tempered affair.

Agree with Otis that ‘must win’ not necessarily the case, particularly with 3 Home games to come against teams we would ‘expect’ to beat (Crewe next who took a good 0-5 hiding at home vs Carlisle yesterday).

Perform like we did against Cambridge and I’m fairly confident that we will come away avoiding defeat. Looking forward to it, I’m sure the fans will be in good voice once more!

letsallsingtogether

Don't think I've seen us win there yet!

Might give it a miss then again it's only Sunday.

mds

This is Coventry City, can stomp all over the top of the league no matter what division we are in one game then the next lose to the bottom of the league who havnt scored for 5 games and conceded 10.
All the same rose tinted glasses n all that, 3-1 City

vow

Sorry to say I think we'll lose this one, as alluded to earlier in the thread that they're a bogey team for us. Hope I'm wrong though.

Sky Blue Harry H

Won't be happy if we lose tomorrow night (obviously) but if between now and the end of Octover we have won our home games (Crewe, Forest Green and Colchester - all winnable) then if we can pick up a few points from the away games then we will still be thereabouts and I will be happy. The away games look a bit tricky (Barnet,Luton, Accrington, Swindon and Morecambe) so 5 points - hopefully more, and I will be very happy. November onwards - we kick on !!

Gint11

Defeat im afraid. Bogey team and we are still a bit frail on the road.

better days

Ponticelli and Dion KE both came off at HT today in the U23 game. Wouldn't be surprised to see both on the bench at Swindon tomorrow

CCFC88

Far too early in the season to call this a must win or even a must not lose, I'd take a 0-0 draw if you offered it me now, keep the confidence amongst the back 4 high and hope for a spark of magic from Jones or a scrappy bundled goal from Duckens.

First game I wont be at or be otherwise engaged for, is there any chance of finding an overseas stream with the new FL app setup? Has anyone managed to get one so far this season?

Nick

Administrator
There aren't really streams without paying, think there was for 1 game but it soon got cut off.

bawtryneal

These are the games we must not lose if we hope to get promotion this year.
Crucial to get a point and keep the momentum going
Another clean sheet would be a great start.

Moff

Away win would be great, a draw acceptable.

Its about time we beat them to be honest, will never forget the horror 3-1 defeat when they were in the top league for the only time and were comfortably the worst team in the league, and then if I recall correctly a shite 1-1 draw at home.

Ranjit Bhurpa

Can't see better than 1-1 against one of our bogey teams. But a point tomorrow and 3 on Saturday will keep the promotion form firmly on course.

Users who are viewing this thread