That CCFC happy feeling........ (1 Viewer)

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Just watching Premiership years 97/98

City beat Man Utd 3 :2

the third goal by Darren Huckerby was as good as anything you might see.

First time in a very long time I have had a broad grin on my face about anything Sky Blue!

Happy days and memories

AFCCOVENTRY

Great result for CCFC ltd.

Great atmosphere at Highfield rd. left that game totally buzzing for days!

Sbarcher

I had 3.2 at 40/1. Great day

spwaverley4916

happy days - was in the west end with my 14yr old son - right in front of huckeby when he did the dive after scoring. other memories is of a spectacled man utd youth, mouthing off at my lad for most of the game and giving the 2 fingered salute. after the 3rd went in my lad replied with a 3 fingered salute laughing his head off.

hill83

Great at the time, but it actually depresses me now. Things are beyond shit at the moment.

Otis

Great result for CCFC ltd.

Great atmosphere at Highfield rd. left that game totally buzzing for days!

I wonder if CCFC Ltd v CCFC Holdings would be as thrilling and would maybe end up with a last minute penalty?

hutch1972

I wonder if CCFC Ltd v CCFC Holdings would be as thrilling and would maybe end up with a last minute penalty?

That match up would produce a sell out ! , a winner takes all scenario.
Wonder who would use the away section though ? Knowing ACL as we do they would still make a loss on the fixture.

Samo

Bit of a walk over I reckon, Ltd don't have any players!

SkyBlueScottie

What always surprises me is some of the football we played at the time. Its bloody excellent at times, yet I dont ever really remember recieving any plaudits and only seem to remember people moaning about players being used in the wrong position. We really didnt realise how good we had it.

stupot07

What always surprises me is some of the football we played at the time. Its bloody excellent at times, yet I dont ever really remember recieving any plaudits and only seem to remember people moaning about players being used in the wrong position. We really didnt realise how good we had it.

Too right Scottie. Was listening to talksport the day it was announced Martinez was leaving wigan, wigan fans were phoning up and Max Rushden was saying that avoiding relegation was a successful season for wigan. The wigan fans said that was ok the first couple of times but it gets bring after that and they wanted to see wigan competing for mid table and had started to get fed up and dissolussioned with the lack of progress....

....remind you of anyone?

Samo

That's dead on. Maybe if we ever get back there we'll be a little more appreciative!

Users who are viewing this thread