That is how to look after fans (1 Viewer)

nmp2327

At the weekend I went to my first ever Rugby match to see the Wasps having been a lifelong CCFC supporter and season ticket holder. Whilst not knowing all the rules of the game what struck me most is how the Wasps turned a game into an event. Pre match entertainment in the Village, assistance outside the ground, generation of energy inside plus e-mails prior and after the game asking me about my experience. Now that is how to both look after your fan base and build it whilst maximising the potential of the stadium

Rugby is not real a game that I am in to but the Wasps showed me the power and potential of the Stadium and made me feel appreciated as one of their customers.

CCFC are you watching as you no longer have the right to expect me to just handover my cash to you without something of this type of experience in return.

Well done to all involved at the Wasps for a truly memorable experience

Thenose

Spot on, to generate and retain crowds needs effort. SISU 0/10 for effort, imagination and vision. SISU 10/10 for ability to "Lawyer up"

RFC

At the weekend I went to my first ever Rugby match to see the Wasps having been a lifelong CCFC supporter and season ticket holder. Whilst not knowing all the rules of the game what struck me most is how the Wasps turned a game into an event. Pre match entertainment in the Village, assistance outside the ground, generation of energy inside plus e-mails prior and after the game asking me about my experience. Now that is how to both look after your fan base and build it whilst maximising the potential of the stadium

Rugby is not real a game that I am in to but the Wasps showed me the power and potential of the Stadium and made me feel appreciated as one of their customers.

CCFC are you watching as you no longer have the right to expect me to just handover my cash to you without something of this type of experience in return.

You're having a laugh. They'd have to pay me to attend, at least a couple of hundred quid!
PUSB-PUSB-PUSB-PUSB-PUSB-PUSB

Ashdown

It's not an invalid post at all and those that scoff at it are being very small minded. The guy is just confirming what many others have said about the level of professionalism from one club compared to the next. Wasps and many other sports clubs are moving with the times and treat their fanbase as valued customers, SISU treat their fanbase like fucking idiots but then they're not interested in the supporters or the club really are they.

Brighton Sky Blue

It's not an invalid post at all and those that scoff at it are being very small minded. The guy is just confirming what many others have said about the level of professionalism from one club compared to the next. Wasps and many other sports clubs are moving with the times and treat their fanbase as valued customers, SISU treat their fanbase like fucking idiots but then they're not interested in the supporters or the club really are they.

Wasps treated their core fanbase with even less regard than SISU. They need the PR offensive because they have all their eggs in the Ricoh basket and need the fickle Coventry public to stay interested for it to come off. Be assured that if they find a more lucrative venue to relocate to they will do so at the first convenience and leave these same fickle people behind.

SkyBlue_Bear83

5k down on the curtain raiser. Need to try harder and deliver more free flags around the city to take more business from the city's own rugby club.

I'm sure I read on here a few weeks ago it would be a guaranteed sell out as it was comparable to a champions league fixture vs Real Madrid.

italiahorse

Agree Sky Blues talk not wasps talk close the thread Nick

Its the Wasps part of the forum.
This is where Wasps information that may be relevant to CCFC is put rather than the main forum.
The idea is that if you are not interested in Wasps you don't have to come here to read or post.
Get a grip man.

Ashdown

Wasps treated their core fanbase with even less regard than SISU. They need the PR offensive because they have all their eggs in the Ricoh basket and need the fickle Coventry public to stay interested for it to come off. Be assured that if they find a more lucrative venue to relocate to they will do so at the first convenience and leave these same fickle people behind.

Yes, I agree with you on the general franchise situation. It's appalling and shouldn't have been allowed to happen either by the Rugby authorities or Coventry Council. All that said, good PR and Marketing and an attempt to make your fans feel valued for their support is not a bad thing in times when there are many things for the public to spend their cash on !

Brighton Sky Blue

Which is a lot less than the 20K we are down on our first game post returning.

PUSB

Wasps first game after returning saw well over 10k knocked off the gate. Also bear in mind that the grand opening mustered 28.5k, not much more than ours which was organised at short notice and with all the cock ups over ticketing and then an attendance cap at 27k due to safety. These European games are vital to the success of the franchise, as is the support of the Coventry public over it's own city's sports teams.

Brighton Sky Blue

Yes, I agree with you on the general franchise situation. It's appalling and shouldn't have been allowed to happen either by the Rugby authorities or Coventry Council. All that said, good PR and Marketing and an attempt to make your fans feel valued for their support is not a bad thing in times when there are many things for the public to spend their cash on !

Let's not make any bones about it unless people in Coventry turn out in substantial numbers to support this farce Wasps are sunk. Equally let's not pretend that their support will only be valued until a more lucrative ground becomes available.

italiahorse

Let's not make any bones about it unless people in Coventry turn out in substantial numbers to support this farce Wasps are sunk. Equally let's not pretend that their support will only be valued until a more lucrative ground becomes available.

The supports there, the question will be, can it last.
If they keep the tickets discounted and get the kids locked in there won't be a problem.
I think the earlier time for kick off suits getting kids home in the light as well.

bigfatronssba

The average Premiership Rugby match gets a crowd of just 13k.

There is no evidence to suggest Wasps aren't capable of maintaining at least 13k indefinitely, and even less evidence to suggest they cant manage on that.

Grendel

There is no evidence to suggest Wasps aren't capable of maintaining at least 13k indefinitely, and even less evidence to suggest they cant manage on that.

Well there is because a large proportion haven't paid. One game - the second one - I was offered free tickets from 3 different sources - one including full corporate hospitality.

bigfatronssba

Well there is because a large proportion haven't paid. One game - the second one - I was offered free tickets from 3 different sources - one including full corporate hospitality.

So what evidence is there that this isn't the same at all top flight rugby matches?

Grendel

So what evidence is there that this isn't the same at all top flight rugby matches?

Because they are relocating. I used to have a strong contact with a Northampton company who used a box they had purchased there for incentive purposes - the winner got a ticket in the box. There are no freebies at Leicester or Northampton - you know that as well.

stupot07

The supports there, the question will be, can it last.
If they keep the tickets discounted and get the kids locked in there won't be a problem.
I think the earlier time for kick off suits getting kids home in the light as well.

Let hope that doesn't happen, because ccfc really will lose a generation of supporters of kids get hooked on wasps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

cloughie

although I have never been to a wasps game I totally agree with the comparisons you show, Professional / unprofessional

Yet it draws out the small minded with hate for wasps because they did what sisu should have done years ago

Some need to take the blinkers off

bigfatronssba

Because they are relocating. I used to have a strong contact with a Northampton company who used a box they had purchased there for incentive purposes - the winner got a ticket in the box. There are no freebies at Leicester or Northampton - you know that as well.

How would I know that?

Freebies are good anyway. It just means the club is trying to integrate itself into the local community.

stupot07

How many PL football clubs put on an entertainments village for their games and make the game an event?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Grendel

How would I know that?

Freebies are good anyway. It just means the club is trying to integrate itself into the local community.

In terms of marketing FM is good and VM isn't I'm afraid.

Grendel

How many PL football clubs put on an entertainments village for their games and make the game an event?

I doubt any. I have had one experience of corporate hospitality at old Trafford and compared to my experience at the Ricoh it was dire. The food was akin to service station fayre - ultimately the bigger you are the more margin you will slash on costs. To be fair the hospitality at the Ricoh has exceeded anything else I have attended.

Intheknow

Compass through a joint venture company with ACL have the responsibility for F and B. As you say, the food is very good.

Covstu

but most prem clubs don't have a 34K stadium to fill either.....

Grendel

Compass through a joint venture company with ACL have the responsibility for F and B. As you say, the food is very good.

I would be very surprised if compass have anything to do with the 3 course meals in the VIP lounge which is what I am referring to

Users who are viewing this thread