The Apprentice (1 Viewer)

Otis

Might end up talking to myself here, but it's fixed surely isn't it?

The one thing that has always struck me is that you can be a bit crap, but if you keep ending up in the winning team you are not going to get fired.

Sugar always says when he gets down to the final 5 that they are the best 5 candidates. That surely is untrue.

Take this year for instance. We are now down to 7 candidates left. Next week are the interviews and that's the final 5. That means 2 have to go this week. The rules of Alan Sugar dictate that only people from the losing team get sacked. Tomorrow there could be slightly less strong candidates involved, but they would go through to the final 5 if their team wins.

He can manipulate the teams a little, but unless it is fixed, he cannot know which team will win and which will lose. Can hardly ever remember thinking the wrong team won over the years.

There are 7 left now this year, so one team of 4 and one team of 3. If the team of 3 lose, 2 of those 3 will be fired. Unless he manipulates the teams and then ensures 'his' team wins he has no control of who ends up in the boardroom and could well have to fire better candidates than are on the opposition team.

The best 5 left? It does usually pretty much seem to be the best 5 left, so it has to be fixed then surely.

The other question I wanted to ask is, have I got too much time on my hands?

Liquid Gold

I know somebody that works for the production company and the thing they told me about it that was most shocking is that, at the final two, they film them both being told they’ve won and then Sugar waits 6 months until it’s aired to make his mind up. To compensate the candidates for their waiting they are given middling jobs in one of his companies for the interim.

Otis

I know somebody that works for the production company and the thing they told me about it that was most shocking is that, at the final two, they film them both being told they’ve won and then Sugar waits 6 months until it’s aired to make his mind up. To compensate the candidates for their waiting they are given middling jobs in one of his companies for the interim.
Shocking, but wouldn't surprise me.

Liquid Gold

I love to hate the show but since it’s gone from a job to ‘business partner’ the whole thing is a bit redundant

Otis

I love to hate the show but since it’s gone from a job to ‘business partner’ the whole thing is a bit redundant
I still like it, but laugh at it more than anything. So many candidates now are a joke and I am sure are only in there for entertainment value only.

Covstu

I still like it, but laugh at it more than anything. So many candidates now are a joke and I am sure are only in there for entertainment value only.
Same here, it’s a decent watch but not to be taken seriously

Captain Dart

Didn't watch it this year. Too predictable.

richnrg

havn't seen it for a couple of years, but don't they usually have 'penalties' for being late back etc, and aren't these penalties assigned after the 'sales' figures have been calculated, effectively allowing the producers to decide which team has won or lost (so that Anal Sugar can fire whoever he wants)?

Otis

havn't seen it for a couple of years, but don't they usually have 'penalties' for being late back etc, and aren't these penalties assigned after the 'sales' figures have been calculated, effectively allowing the producers to decide which team has won or lost (so that Anal Sugar can fire whoever he wants)?
Anal Sugar?

I'm sure I've watched that movie on the internet.

ajsccfc

The business plans they submit right at the start have to be dynamite and secretly competent, as a lot of them are portrayed as such preening morons it's astonishing that they run companies and have employees relying on them.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Some of the tasks are like that, some of the tasks like a marketing campaign the winner is simply decided by who Sugar thinks did best in his opinion. So in these tasks he decides who wins.

Most of them are decided by profit/loss/sales though. Its usually only the treasure hunt task that has penalties like you described.

Users who are viewing this thread