The Ashes (1 Viewer)

Covstu

Great start to the series and fantastic for Broady, shut them silly aussies up! We just need to put some runs on the board tonight and take full control over the first test.

Game on!!!

kdrinkell

Cook and Trott continued in their form of all summer,as for the rest only Carberry and Broad did well the rest were pathetic.Geoffrey Boycotts line 'Ian Bell looked transfixed as if live grenades were being bowled to him' Lmao

Covstu

There was an arrogance about our batting this morning, expecting us to walk it and wow didn't it bite us on the ass!

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I watched some paint dry on the wall once. Far more interesting. :D

stupot07

I was feeling confident going into the series, but now I think we'll lose the series 3-1. Our bowling unit is still pretty good (why didn't they pick onions????) but too many of our batsman have been on poor form for the last 18months to 2 years - cook, trott, pietersen, and prior have all averaged well below their test average in that time, and root and carberry are relative novices at international level. Now the Aussies have Harris and Johnson on form and bowling 90 mph.

Brighton Sky Blue

I was feeling confident going into the series, but now I think we'll lose the series 3-1. Our bowling unit is still pretty good (why didn't they pick onions????) but too many of our batsman have been on poor form for the last 18months to 2 years - cook, trott, pietersen, and prior have all averaged well below their test average in that time, and root and carberry are relative novices at international level. Now the Aussies have Harris and Johnson on form and bowling 90 mph.

On day 1 Australia were rocking and true to form Cook fails to apply pressure and they recover to 300. His hyper conservative mentality and stubborn defence of it was always going to be found out and I hope he smells the coffee at last after this one. Michael Clarke never took the pressure off and got rewarded accordingly.

thaiskyblue

fair play to the aussies, johnson when he gets it right he's dynamite, let's hope he does his normal, he bowls to the left, he bowls to the right........................., he can bat too. time to wake up England, australians once their tails are up will go for the kill.

Users who are viewing this thread