The Beige State of British Poitics (1 Viewer)

Grendel

What a sad state of affairs British Politics has become

The dreary budget and the half hearted attempts of responding to it illustrate this perfectly. Rishi Sunak appears to have morphed into Jim Bowen everything is great, incredible and look what you might have won. How exciting.

Starmer has a pre prepared response. In a dead eyed dreary monologue he parrots out some cliches. He doesn’t even pretend to look interested. Cameron Mk2 is on his way one assumes to power and one suspects will lose interest equally as quickly. He may perhaps climb onto a tank and say he’s really angry with Mr Putin and pretend to look tough (beats some huskies I suppose). Then he will get bored and like Cameron go away having achieved nothing

Im convinced Rachel Reeves is not human and the worlds first Stepford Politician. The programming slipped in the week when a budget interview occurred. She was asked a variety of questions and could only - much to the interviewers growing frustration - say the same answer. He should have asked “whose going to win the FA Cup” to be greeted with “We have had 13 years of a Tory government”. Rachel needs some reprogramming - I hope they take the opportunity to change the voice box as well.

Does anyone vote for Ed Davy? He seems the type of guy who’d be chair of a best kept village competition from the Parish Council.

The state of mediocrity is best summed up by the hapless imbecile Lee Anderson. Then again perhaps he’s onto something and not so stupid after all. Do a Bernard Manning northern comedian act and you get noticed. Hey everyone Lee is on twitter now he says. Is anyone seriously sad enough to look at that?

So at the next election if there are 6 candidates or less I will roll a die and the number will be the one I pick in order on the ballot paper. If more than 6 get the dice out. If it’s a higher number than the number of candidates I’ll draw a silly face on the ballot paper.

History sadly repeats itself. Once politician despite now 71 spoke with some energy passion and a desire to make some changes as a budget response. Far better than the zombies that now occupy the Labour Front Bench.

I once started a thread about him.

It seems after all these years nothings changed. In fact even though it wouldn’t do me a fat lot of good at all I would now go as far to say I’d vote for him to be our next PM. I’d probably guess a certain aspect of foreign policy id even believe in. I don’t think he’s be up for chucking away £3 billion into the Dnieper and won’t be standing next to a tank anytime soon

Politics is dead in this country. It needs a change. We won’t get it as people will still turn out in numbers for bland slogan based salesmen without a single political ideology.

A change though we certainly need.

Users who are viewing this thread