The big "SISU OUT" flag guy at Chesterfield game ....... (1 Viewer)

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Behind the goal towards the JSB section, but not in it. (I was). Did his best throughout the game go get everyone chanting. I did, to my daughter's utter disapproval, as did a few others. However, the overwhelming majority just sat and stared. At the end of the match i went and had a quick word with him approving of his efforts. He was quick to point out that he was frustrated by the fact that so many people on social media agree with him and yet here today there was very little in the way of support.
At least the stewards had the nouse to allow him to vent his feelings....and flag.

I recall an "ugly" match against Derby County before we were relegated to League 1 at which there were numerous sporadic outbusts against SISU to which the stewards and police acted in a totally unreasonable manner against such protests (anyone with a SISU OUT banner) .

I recall the day we were relegated to league 1. The players and Thorn took an absolute age to come out to do their lap of honour and give their appreciation to those who had stayed behind. Of the 2-3000 left, we all to a man chanted "SISU OUT" .

Yet here we are, looking towards the fourth division and it seems that most people can't be bothered.

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
Behind the goal towards the JSB section, but not in it. (I was). Did his best throughout the game go get everyone chanting. I did, to my daughter's utter disapproval, as did a few others. However, the overwhelming majority just sat and stared. At the end of the match i went and had a quick word with him approving of his efforts. He was quick to point out that he was frustrated by the fact that so many people on social media agree with him and yet here today there was very little in the way of support.
At least the stewards had the nouse to allow him to vent his feelings....and flag.

I recall an "ugly" match against Derby County before we were relegated to League 1 at which there were numerous sporadic outbusts against SISU to which the stewards and police acted in a totally unreasonable manner against such protests (anyone with a SISU OUT banner) .

I recall the day we were relegated to league 1. The players and Thorn took an absolute age to come out to do their lap of honour and give their appreciation to those who had stayed behind. Of the 2-3000 left, we all to a man chanted "SISU OUT" .

Yet here we are, looking towards the forth division and it seems that most people can't be bothered.

He was sat pretty much in the family stand, I am not sure it was the best place to start it. I think a few families moved away from him.

Also, a fella just down a bit who seemed to threaten the lady steward "If you fucking touch that...." were the words I think. Then they wonder why the blokes in Orange get a bit heavy (it wasn't the guy with the flag who said it by the way).

Alan Dugdales Moustache

It will be interesting to see how much anti -SISU mumblings there will be if there is , in the forthcoming months, any legs to the idea of a stadium in the Holbrooks area, EVEN IF we are facing a real prospect of relegation. I personally think that the long term future of the club is more important than short term league position. However, the fact that there has been no investment in the team begs the question why would the owners bother about any stadium investment ?

Brighton Sky Blue

I saw it come out once but didn't see it reappear although I was in the main stand. Spent more time complaining about the crap football and the freezing weather so didn't notice ;)

Brighton Sky Blue

It will be interesting to see how much anti -SISU mumblings there will be if there is , in the forthcoming months, any legs to the idea of a stadium in the Holbrooks area, EVEN IF we are facing a real prospect of relegation. I personally think that the long term future of the club is more important than short term league position. However, the fact that there has been no investment in the team begs the question why would the owners bother about any stadium investment ?

The club can only spend in relation to its turnover, SISU can't go splashing millions even if they wanted to as we don't earn enough to satisfy the FFP for that. In the Championship, different rules apply which would allow that.

chiefdave

Maybe the ones who support him on social media don't actually go to the games. Near the scoreboard group would be the best shot at getting a SISU Out chant going I would have thought.

Nick

Administrator
Maybe the ones who support him on social media don't actually go to the games. Near the scoreboard group would be the best shot at getting a SISU Out chant going I would have thought.

Yeah you would have thought so. Not a stand full of people taking their kids to watch the game who would probably not want to join in and moved away from him.

The stewards handled it well though I think. Knew he was harmless so left him to it.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

I didn't see anyone move away from him. In fact I don't think many were sitting near him.
let's face it the chances of anyone sitting near anyone else these days at the Ricoh is pretty slim .:laugh:

skybluejelly

I agree if it was a large banner you should have bought it over to block 15/16 it was bloody freezing and we could have put it over our laps...

Nick

Administrator
I didn't see anyone move away from him. In fact I don't think many were sitting near him.
let's face it the chances of anyone sitting near anyone else these days at the Ricoh is pretty slim .:laugh:

Was it you who the stewards also had a word with or somebody else? Just behind the bit where you come up from the steps from the food bit?

Alan Dugdales Moustache

No , wasn't me. I did see them talking to someone else but I don't know why. I wouldn't engage in such unruly behaviour !

wingy

The club can only spend in relation to its turnover, SISU can't go splashing millions even if they wanted to as we don't earn enough to satisfy the FFP for that. In the Championship, different rules apply which would allow that.

They can If they wish Inject equity .

Did It last year to the tune of £600K to support their folly along with the Clark fee and up to £1M in cup runs ,what a bonus that could have been to Pressley ,or maybe not ?

stupot07

They can If they wish Inject equity .

Did It last year to the tune of £600K to support their folly along with the Clark fee and up to £1M in cup runs ,what a bonus that could have been to Pressley ,or maybe not ?

That's not going to happen, and to be honest o don't blame them. You might as well just get £600k and burn it, never going to get it back and never going to add any value to the club, plus we're 17th, 26 points, 3 points of relegation and probably needing 48 points from the remaining 23 games to get to the magic 74 point mark which 6th usually finishes on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

pusbccfc

Hope he takes it to Walsall.

georgehudson

i was there at that Derby game, & the orange response mob were aggressive,
1 admitted to a fan that they were acting under orders to remove anyone or anything against sisu,
also they were briefed before the game about fire certification certs of banners.
the main thing tho,
is that they, sisu, thru their attitude of 7 yrs, have alienated 95% of CCFC fans,
& just look what wasps have done in a few months

Skyblueweeman

I get the whole Sisu Out stuff, but we're hardly a saleable asset. No news on anyone interested since the Ricoh isn't up for grabs...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cloughie

I did scour the ground a couple of times for a sisu out flag / reaction but never seen anything

I would have joined in the sisu out chant!!

Yet here we are, looking towards the forth division and it seems that most people can't be bothered.

Users who are viewing this thread