The Church of Thorn (1 Viewer)

Sky Blue Sheepy

I hereby submit myself to you Andy Thorn :claping hands:
Not quite but, in all seriousness, does anyone think this is the usual short upturn in results, or is this more?

Judging by how the players act and speak, it looks like more. Normally players up their game for a new boss to impress him as an outsider, but Andy is not an outsider - as many have said, he brought these guys in. If it was just an upturn to impress him, then I don't think the genuine joy and pride that the players have showed an genuine comments made about Andy matches...

I would submit myself to his footballing will :laugh:.

Sorry, just feeling a bit of love for Mr. Thorn there. Does anyone believe SISU are stupid enough to not appoint him?

Last edited:

kg82

Yes and hopefully history can repeat itself and his son, Ranson, will be resurrected to lead the minions!

sky_blue_up_north

Amen!!!!!!

rob9872

I like the sound of this cult movement. makes a change from all the cu*t movements we've had recently! :)

CovScott88

I hereby submit myself to you Andy Thorn :claping hands:
Not quite but, in all seriousness, does anyone think this is the usual short upturn in results, or is this more?

Judging by how the players act and speak, it looks like more. Normally players up their game for a new boss to impress him as an outsider, but Andy is not an outsider - as many have said, he brought these guys in. If it was just an upturn to impress him, then I don't think the genuine joy and pride that the players have showed an genuine comments made about Andy matches...

I would submit myself to his footballing will :laugh:.

Sorry, just feeling a bit of love for Mr. Thorn there. Does anyone believe SISU are stupid enough to not appoint him?

Yes, I believe that they would be stupid enough mate! Hopefully they will see sense and get a contract sorted though. It's clear that the lads love playing for him and they really respect his philosophy.
Then as a few people have said, The Hoff and Ray sort their Takeover and we can concentrate on keeping our current players and improving the playing squad.

rswxite

Not appointing thorn and bringing in a supposed "top name" manager would be SISU's biggest mistake yet!! even bigger than the eric black humdinger!! :)

TheRoyalScam

Our Manager, who art in the Ricoh and Ryton,
hallowed be thy name.
Thy starting eleven come,
thy tactics be done,
on the pitch, as it was under Hill and Sillett.
Give us this matchday our winning goals.
And forgive us our stray passes,
as we forgive those who commit fouls against us.
And lead us not into defeat,
but deliver us from hoofball.
For thine is the vision,
the diamond midfield and the glory,
to take us to the Premiership.
Amen.

14pls

dont shoot me over this, but i think the sisu board would be the ones to have in charge if we wanted andy thorn et al. to stay on (As its the cheaper option) whereas if Hoffman/Ranson came in, they may want to bring in a new man (new board, new manager kind of thing). hope whoever runs the club in the summer lets him stay on though, it's only been a few games, could well still be the honeymoon period but he knows the players better than anyone and has a lot to prove, best of luck to him.

Coventry La La La

hallowed be thy name.
thy tactics be done,
For thine is the vision,
Amen.

Great post. :claping hands:

Nonleagueherewecome

I think SISU are easily stupid enough not to appoint him. You have to remember;
a)Long-term (beyond summer, probably) they don't give a feck about us. In fact, given the barely concealed resentment they feel towards the fans (judging from the press conference, everything Brody says & his tone, their general lack of communication...) I reckon they'll fire him before they go, just to spite us!
b)They are utterly clueless about football in general. We are v.lucky indeed they didn't try and appoint someone else-conveniently Thorns' cheapness suited them.

As RR is a buddy of Thorn, I'm 99% certain he'd keep him on. He got massively behind him when speaking on CWR, and I think we have Ray to thank for Thorn being in the job at all. And Hoffman's a City fan..find me a fan who would prefer a "name" to Thorn, and I'll tell you this for sure-he ain't a Sky Blue!

Regis87

Give him a 1yr contract cos we are still paying off Coleman and Boothroyd! We can't afford to make it 3 ,

Covstu

We need to see him when it actually counts in the league, he is doing well at the moment but my worry is that if we keep him on a temporary arrangement and they start selling from underneath him i.e. king and westy and co, he will be setup to fail through no real fault of his own.

Dan Griffin

hallowed be thy name.
thy tactics be done,
For thine is the vision,
Amen.

Hahaha thats quality! AMEN! <3

Nonleagueherewecome

We need to see him when it actually counts in the league, he is doing well at the moment but my worry is that if we keep him on a temporary arrangement and they start selling from underneath him i.e. king and westy and co, he will be setup to fail through no real fault of his own.

So the last 5 games didn't count? What if we'd lost them all-would they have counted then? I think we'd have gone down without Thorn. In fact I was convinced of it before the Burnley game.

Users who are viewing this thread