The Damned United (1 Viewer)

covladzak

Just watched The Damned United again........Great film... I forgot what a shite hole Derbys Baseball ground was....... Brings back fond memories...:D And also, God I'm getting old....:eek:

stephen howe

The film's good, very evocative of the 70's culture but the book is if anything much better. It gets right into the psyche of the flamboyant Clough and goes through the ups and downs in a far more descriptive way. It at times feels a bit claustrophobic and at other times manic but you get a very rich picture of a true sporting eccentric. I recommend it thoroughly.

covladzak

The film's good, very evocative of the 70's culture but the book is if anything much better. It gets right into the psyche of the flamboyant Clough and goes through the ups and downs in a far more descriptive way. It at times feels a bit claustrophobic and at other times manic but you get a very rich picture of a true sporting eccentric. I recommend it thoroughly.
Thank you, I will get the book quite looking forward to it.:D

flammablepiss

Facebook User
:) I love this film ! To be honest I never even knew who Clough was before I watched the film.
I definitely think its fascinating the way clubs and the game has changed so much over what is really such a small period of time though.
Makes me where Cov will be in 30 years time !! hmm

SkyBluesAndy

Facebook User
Didn't Brian Clough nearly take over as City manager at one point? I heard the club told him not to go to the media about us taking him on but he did anyway and the deal fell through. Jimmy Hill was apparantly against him coming here as well. Anyone else know anything about this, I wasn't alive at the time. :)

Users who are viewing this thread