The Enemy Split Up (1 Viewer)

bringbackrattles

Cov band the Enemy have decided to call it a day after ten years together.Reasons given are that the radio stations never gave them enough air play and also health matters too,so they're splitting up for good. Can't say I was a huge fan but they are City fans aren't they ? So for that I took interest in them !

Joy Division

Never really been a fan of those waheyy lads lads lads bands. So yeah, Kasabian can go do one as well.

Joy Division

I can forgive The Enemy for their debut album as they were only young...although "I'm so sick sick sick and tired of working just to be retired" Written aged 21 is another matter.

Their second album however was absolutely fucking ludicrous, didn't anyone hear it? Nearly every track was blatant plagiarism.

bringbackrattles

I can forgive The Enemy for their debut album as they were only young...although "I'm so sick sick sick and tired of working just to be retired" Written aged 21 is another matter.

Their second album however was absolutely fucking ludicrous, didn't anyone hear it? Nearly every track was blatant plagiarism.
Got me thinking of other bands/acts who I wish would call it a day ? Take That,Robbie Williams,Any rap act,Buble,and the spunk bubble Justin Beiber.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
They're only splitting up so they can have a big "reunion" gig in 10 years time! Just like everyone seems to be doing nowadays. Bloody Hell, even the Pet Shop Boys have just released a new album!

bringbackrattles

They're only splitting up so they can have a big "reunion" gig in 10 years time! Just like everyone seems to be doing nowadays. Bloody Hell, even the Pet Shop Boys have just released a new album!
At least the Pet Shop Boys mentioned us older City fans Houch in one of their songs didn't they ? West End Boys !

ajsccfc

I don't think the Pet Shop Boys ever split up, they've never gone more than a few years between albums.

covcity4life

only 1 of them supported cov didnt he? 2 supported man utd

liked the single used on itv footy program. the rest was typical indie BS

if Oasis cant be Oasis anymore we dont need others trying it! days of indie seem dead :(

WestEndAgro

They were good at what they did, and put Coventry on the map for a short while, I'm all for anything successful coming out of this city, too many people quick to slag them off, i just don't get it?

mrtrench

I heard enough on the radio to know not to listen to the albums - not in the same league as your stuff ;)

Pipehitterz

Seen them play some of the greatest gigs i've ever ever seen, and i've see more than the average for sure .
They never recaptured that first album vibe , definitely a one off , there 3rd album made up for the Second but it wasn't a patch on the first.

Like I say, their gigs were simply electric , and for me they did well at the beginning but couldn't put their money where their mouths were

And for the plumb that said Indie is dead
Haha haha haha have a word with yourself

chiefdave

Seen them play some of the greatest gigs i've ever ever seen, and i've see more than the average for sure .
They never recaptured that first album vibe , definitely a one off , there 3rd album made up for the Second but it wasn't a patch on the first.

Reckon if they'd skipped the second album and straight on to Streets in the Sky they'd have had more success.

Users who are viewing this thread