The Fleck effect (1 Viewer)

ms639

Well our form is s**t hot and we have an array of pacy forward thinking players who are stealing all of the plaudits at the minute but one player who i think is often overlooked is John Fleck. Having watched a lot of games this year both home and away I am always so impressed with Fleck's ability to compose those around him and provide that much needed control in the middle of the park. I'm very surprised he hasn't been attracting interest from the championship

A lot of people have spoken about the signing of vincelot and how this has sured up our midfield but i think there is a reason that every manager has built a side around fleck while he has been at the club. With Bigi, Cole, Kent, Murphy, O'brien etc in contention for midfield spots i think that JF is the only midfielder who will be on the team sheet week in week out.

No clue that he was only 24 either would have guessed around 330- little gem!

ConnorDevine

i think he gets irate and carries the ball for too long sometimes though, for me Jim O'brien is the best leader in the midfield, ever present, drags the team tooth and claw to results and we always look much less composed without him

pusbccfc

As I said the other day, he is our best player and probably the best player in the league.

GaryJones

According to the CWR team on Saturday the Ricoh was crawling with scouts from clubs so you can expect lots of offers in January for all of our Best Players plus alternative offers to the parent clubs for our loan players too!

Somehow I think we might just keep hold of them all this time around - dont think TM is a man to be messed with even by Joy and Tim!

wingy

Wasn't he being linked to Championship clubs around the last time he extended by one year?
Forest in particular I think.

SkyBlue_Bear83

He's playing well but best player in the league? Don't think so.

Because of the type of player he is he will only ever play well when he has a good team around him.

87mint

i think he gets irate and carries the ball for too long sometimes though, for me Jim O'brien is the best leader in the midfield, ever present, drags the team tooth and claw to results and we always look much less composed without him

JOB is a far less mature player than Fleck. He is more prone to rash tackles and poor decision making. Thanks to the confidence Romain has given him this season, Fleck is a changed man. At times he was as bad as anyone else last season. This season he is the man I worry about losing the most.

ready_96

Fleck was highly rated up in jock land before he signed with us i believe. One of Presley's signings dare i mention...

In my eyes the whole season hangs on what happens in January. If we manage to keep both Kent and Amrstrong till the end of the season, bring in a player of Reda/Turner caliber at the back for a full season and Resist the urge to sell fleck to the highest bidder then i will be utterly disappointed if we don't go up.

Paddy9239

Completely agree.
Can't believe he's still here to be honest considering the grief he gets from our fans when he doesn't lump immediately into the box sometimes. Wonderful player at this level, think he'd be even more effective in the championship - hoping we get to see him there with us.

MatthewWallis

The difference in him compared to previous seasons is incredible. Think he will probably be getting my player of the season vote

Malaka

Fleck had a lot of personal problems in Glasgow, hence he came to us with a bit of a reputation. It is right to say that he was quality and had potential and as a youngster he was well thought of at Rangers and was going to be their next Gazza. He has lost a bit of weight and now seems more settled and his potential is now being fulfilled with the right management. He will be a championship player next season and it will be with us (I hope).

covcity4life

he is another one who looks ike he is finnaly enjoying his football. i think he will sign a new contract with us

hill83

I love it when a player gets praised by pretty much everyone but with the opening line that he'll not be noticed by people.

He's been a machine this season.

Last edited:

covcity4life

yeah gotta say that opening line dont work for fleck. everyone loves him and he always gets a high rating from majority too

Users who are viewing this thread