The Football League have to change their rules (1 Viewer)

J

Jack Griffin

That is for sure, to kick of I'd suggest the following.

1) No transfer of Golden Share during the playing season.
2) FL to be given 6months notice of transfer of Golden Share & publish any notified changes on their website, and to any other parties who wish to register an interest (they can charge admin for that making it cost neutral).
3) All players registrations & contracts to be held by company holding the Golden Share.

They can't let someone else ever try & pull a flanker like this again.

torchomatic

I'm not sure why but I want to giggle every time I see "golden share". :confused:

rupert_bear

I hope that is what they have to do because if there are no rules in place to cover transferring this Golden Share then they surely can't punish us for doing it.

Wm65

That is for sure, to kick of I'd suggest the following.

1) No transfer of Golden Share during the playing season.
2) FL to be given 6months notice of transfer of Golden Share & publish any notified changes on their website, and to any other parties who wish to register an interest (they can charge admin for that making it cost neutral).
3) All players registrations & contracts to be held by company holding the Golden Share.

They can't let someone else ever try & pull a flanker like this again.

Not sure they need o change their rules - i think its pretty clear that the golden share cannot be transferred without football league permission and therefore a serious breach of the laws may have taken place which could result in a quite shocking punishnment far in access of 10 points.

dadgad

I do think the "FIT & PROPER" rules need to be either ditched or properly defined and stuck to.
In POINT OF ISSUE: the fiscal arrangements of an anonymous hedge fund allowing it to set up off shore accounts to the potential long term detriment of a club and its fans should not be permitted.

This, after all, was one of the aims of F&P......why, therefore has it been allowed to happen?:confused:

SBS

I think ownership in general should be more transparent. The only photo we've got of our owner is with a phone in front of her face. Pretty ridiculous when she affects so many people, organisations and businesses in this city.

Danceswithhorses

Not sure they need o change their rules - i think its pretty clear that the golden share cannot be transferred without football league permission and therefore a serious breach of the laws may have taken place which could result in a quite shocking punishnment far in access of 10 points.
Well actually, it seems it never was transferred to ccfch....SISU just told us us it had (by implication)...seems they were telling fibs again !

J

Jack Griffin

I have only suspicions but I think it will emerge that CCFC have been talking to the FL about a transfer, but couldn't get them to make a decision in a time frame that suited SISU.

There is probably correspondence about this & if it can be proved someone in the FL said yes (rather than at worst it can be done in principle, without actually ratifying a transfer) , then that someone has dropped a massive clanger.

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!
I have only suspicions but I think it will emerge that CCFC have been talking to the FL about a transfer, but couldn't get them to make a decision in a time frame that suited SISU.

There is probably correspondence about this & if it can be proved someone in the FL said yes (rather than at worst it can be done in principle, without actually ratifying a transfer) , then that someone has dropped a massive clanger.

Yer, i have a feeling this might be pretty spot on.

Something doesn't sit right with me that SISU would try to pull off an excuse like 'No the Golden Share is with CCFCHL' without some evidence...

grego_gee

Well actually, it seems it never was transferred to ccfch....SISU just told us us it had (by implication)...seems they were telling fibs again !

check back! I think the administrator said CCFCH had a claim over it!

(I would be surprised if SISU had told us anything)
:pimp:

Wm65

Yer, i have a feeling this might be pretty spot on.

Something doesn't sit right with me that SISU would try to pull off an excuse like 'No the Golden Share is with CCFCHL' without some evidence...

Like i say they may well have transferred it but if they did so without fl approval then the punishment could be really severe.
Fa , fl, and acl seem to think it wasnt transferred but sisu say it was which suggests maybe they did it without permission?

Maupet

Also need to change the rule where anyone with less than ten percent share does not have to be revealed

Danceswithhorses

Surely they would know truth would come out quickly though? I'm guessing they transferred it without telling anyone - in which case repercussions could be huge.
They haven't transferred it though, according to FL and FA...it's not a tangible item

stupot07

I think their should be a bit more leneancy where issues are long standing, the football league should be supporting not just sanctioning teams. Hefty points penalties lead to relegation and further loss of revenue therefore likely to push teams into further difficulties.

In cases like this it is not the fans or even the club that have tried such on the edge of lawful tactics so we should not be even talking about points penalties, we should be talking about those responsible (in this case SISU) being forced out of the club and out of football for life with huge financial penalties against the owners. Only way to stop them.

Users who are viewing this thread