The grand national 2018 (1 Viewer)

Sky_Blue_Daz

Im having a few quid on Blaklion currently 12/1

Might have a few outsiders on each way bets too, but leave that till Saturday

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Gold Present was going to be my main one but it’s been pulled out.

I will have a few coppers on-
Baie Des Iles
Captain Redbeard
The Dutchman
Pleasant Company

bringbackrattles

Always have 2 bets. Got Seeyouatmidnight to win.And my each way bet is Captain Redbeard. Always wait till the day of the race. I like the name Thunder And Roses,it sounds like a tribute band. May have a flutter on that !

Sky_Blue_Daz

I got houblon des Obeaux and pleasent company in the work sweepstakes

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Here's mine. Last of the big spenders, me!
img20180413_14121816.jpg

Houchens Head

I never knock outsiders anymore, ever since I went down to the local bookies in Coundon to put my annual flutter on the National. My ex-missus asked me to put a quid each way on the horse she had drawn in her works sweepstake. "No way!" I said, "It's an outsider ridden by an amateur jockey! If you want money on it, go down and put it on yourself! But you're just wasting your money!"
That was 1980.
The horse was Ben Nevis and it romped home to win by 20 lengths at 40/1!
She didn't speak to me for days!

Grendel

I never knock outsiders anymore, ever since I went down to the local bookies in Coundon to put my annual flutter on the National. My ex-missus asked me to put a quid each way on the horse she had drawn in her works sweepstake. "No way!" I said, "It's an outsider ridden by an amateur jockey! If you want money on it, go down and put it on yourself! But you're just wasting your money!"
That was 1980.
The horse was Ben Nevis and it romped home to win by 20 lengths at 40/1!
She didn't speak to me for days!

How nice at least it lived - probably ended up as dog meat afterwards.

Reppz

They've made the National fences too easy. Needs more fallers and more deaths to make it interesting. Replace two or three of the fences with brick walls and another two or three with barbed wire. Imagine the scenes. Horse limbs flying everywhere. Amazing.

W

westcountry_skyblue

Bet365 are the best bookies bet up to £125 on the national and get half your money back in cash to bet on other things.
Only existing customers though!!

Grendel

rob9872

Every single year Grendel. And you've still not yet answered my vegan or hypocrite question.

Houchens Head

I keep waiting each year for a horse named "Grendel". Then I could watch it fall at the first and break it's bleedin' neck! :emoji_middle_finger:

Grendel

I keep waiting each year for a horse named "Grendel". Then I could watch it fall at the first and break it's bleedin' neck! :emoji_middle_finger:

I long for the day when a jockey breaks his neck

Sky_Blue_Daz

I’ve had a Fiver each way on the Dutchman and perfect candidate as well as a £10 on Blaklion

ccfcway

not got anything for the main race yet, but "on the blind side" is a very good novice in the 2.25

Houchens Head

My missus had the winner. Me? Bugger all! :banghead:

Grendel

Some have been badly crippled they are actually very brave. I too have great sympathy for the horses and pleased to see no fatalities to my knowledge at this point in time.

Jockeys have a choice and at this point is pertinent. One died on course in a previous race.

Users who are viewing this thread