The Great Outdoors (1 Viewer)

bringbackrattles

Got talking yesterday to a bloke like me who loves the outdoors and we chatted about the best places in the U.K. we've been walking etc ? He'd not long been back from Snowdonia and was next off to Scotland so he gets about.I told him my favourite place in England were the Malvern Hills and the Torridan Hills in the West of Scotland,and he agreed as he'd walked them both. Anymore suggestions ?

jimmyhillsfanclub

Yorkshire Dales & Quantock Hills for cycling....

Lake District & Devons Jurassic coast for walking.

Anglesey for camping trips.

Covrock

Pembrokeshire coastal path. St David's and Solva area. Take a small tent or bivvie with you and stop off in some of the great pubs. Stunning all the way.

bringbackrattles

Pembrokeshire coastal path. St David's and Solva area. Take a small tent or bivvie with you and stop off in some of the great pubs. Stunning all the way.
I've done some walks in North Wales really beautiful surroundings.I remember going to the Peak District with my then eighteen year old son and hitting so many pubs we did no walking but sleeping it off in the tent !

skybluetony176

There's some fantastic walks around Lower Lough Erne in Northern Ireland. On clear days you can see all the way to the Atlantic.

lifeskyblue

Love serious hill walking in Scotland but also enjoy more sedate walks along canals etc. the coast to Coast walk (St bees to robin hoods bay has interesting parts but also some less so. Love the wilderness elements to parts of North York moors and Dartmoor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bringbackrattles

Love serious hill walking in Scotland but also enjoy more sedate walks along canals etc. the coast to Coast walk (St bees to robin hoods bay has interesting parts but also some less so. Love the wilderness elements to parts of North York moors and Dartmoor.

I too like all sorts of walks some days I can do tough hill climbs etc,then sometimes prefer canal paths like you.Recently just fancied walking from Coventry to Rugby on the canal path,took my time and had a few beers at the end.Got the train back and a mate called me a wimp for not walking back as well but it was really hot !

skybluejelly

We done cuillin hills and camped at glenbrittle last year as well as Ben Nevis .. Made me realise what a fat git I am now .. As a I really struggled and it was something I would have galloped up in the past .. Love the Yorkshire moors and we. Are going to exmoor and Dartmoor this year ... Annoys me when people moan about Britain .. Our landscape is amazing and people just don't realise it

lifeskyblue

I too like all sorts of walks some days I can do tough hill climbs etc,then sometimes prefer canal paths like you.Recently just fancied walking from Coventry to Rugby on the canal path,took my time and had a few beers at the end.Got the train back and a mate called me a wimp for not walking back as well but it was really hot !

Sounds a great way to spend a day. Bet you have been to rugby many times by car...and the walk gave you a new perspective. Whenever I've been on canal walks in always surprised by the nooks and crannies you discover. Coventry's and rugby's industrial heritages are very interesting and well worth exploring.

lifeskyblue

We done cuillin hills and camped at glenbrittle last year as well as Ben Nevis .. Made me realise what a fat git I am now .. As a I really struggled and it was something I would have galloped up in the past .. Love the Yorkshire moors and we. Are going to exmoor and Dartmoor this year ... Annoys me when people moan about Britain .. Our landscape is amazing and people just don't realise it

I camped in glenbrittle 15yrs ago and walked/climbed the Cuillins. Tough days if you are not at a decent fitness level. Snow was still on the ground and a few glissades were really exhilarating. Mind you a tour of the talisker distillery at the end of the week was most welcome.

bringbackrattles

Sounds a great way to spend a day. Bet you have been to rugby many times by car...and the walk gave you a new perspective. Whenever I've been on canal walks in always surprised by the nooks and crannies you discover. Coventry's and rugby's industrial heritages are very interesting and well worth exploring.

I stopped driving many years ago and don't miss it at all.Got used to going to places by train and lifts etc and it's surprising how you can get to places if you want to.I recall when I was fifteen and me and a mate from school walked from Walsgrave to Filbert Street to watch the City play Leicester,and got the bus back as we didn't have much money on us ! So I've always loved walking and I reckon it can keep you fit without hitting the gym.

olderskyblue

A nice stroll round ryton pools. Can't beat it....

musicmanskyblue

I live on Anglesey so just a short drive for me to the mountains of Snowdonia.. We go out there at least once a week.. Beautiful places to walk.. Can recommend basing yourself in Betws y Coed, Capel Curig or Llanberis for lots of amazing walking and wonderful scenery.. Also the Ogwen valley.. Just a word of warning, the rescue teams are busy here everyday so caution is advised. There are often fatalities. Use the right kit, good walking boots etc and keep one eye on the weather.

bringbackrattles

I live on Anglesey so just a short drive for me to the mountains of Snowdonia.. We go out there at least once a week.. Beautiful places to walk.. Can recommend basing yourself in Betws y Coed, Capel Curig or Llanberis for lots of amazing walking and wonderful scenery.. Also the Ogwen valley.. Just a word of warning, the rescue teams are busy here everyday so caution is advised. There are often fatalities. Use the right kit, good walking boots etc and keep one eye on the weather.
I envy you living where you do because if I lived there I'd be out most days if I could.But you're right you have to respect the outdoors at all times,as it can turn very quickly and without warning. I was in Scotland about twelve years ago and two teenagers weren't dressed for the walk but laughed off any talk from rugged walkers,saying they can handle anything. Later on they got hit by a sudden drop in temperature and ended up crying for help. they were lucky they got rescued but learnt the hard way !

bringbackrattles

I've got Coast on now on the telly and lo and behold it's featuring Anglesy !

bringbackrattles

Thanks BBR.. just switched it on now...
I was thinking as I was watching the programme I'm here in Coventry wishing I was there,and there's you and your family living there.
I was in Aberdaron about ten years ago and loved my week there so much I didn't want to come back to Bell Green ever !

musicmanskyblue

I was thinking as I was watching the programme I'm here in Coventry wishing I was there,and there's you and your family living there.
I was in Aberdaron about ten years ago and loved my week there so much I didn't want to come back to Bell Green ever !

I was born in Bell Green.. Almond Tree Avenue... Moved to North Wales about 23 years ago because a girlfriend at the time used to live here.. I do feel very lucky living here.. I'm right on the coast so the Anglesey coastal walk is on My doorstep.. Couldn't live in a city now..

olderskyblue

I remember it as the rubbish dump!

Maybe you were going in the evenings NW?? It had a bit of a reputation I hear. Maybe you visited with Stan Collymore ??

bringbackrattles

I was born in Bell Green.. Almond Tree Avenue... Moved to North Wales about 23 years ago because a girlfriend at the time used to live here.. I do feel very lucky living here.. I'm right on the coast so the Anglesey coastal walk is on My doorstep.. Couldn't live in a city now..
Bell Green has gone down the past few years anti-social behavior etc,but some good people live here too. I'd love to live like you do coastal or away from cities,but unless I come into money I can't see it happening.Then again no matter where I'd dwell I'd still travel to watch the Sky Blues !

dutchman

Bell Green has gone down the past few years anti-social behavior etc,but some good people live here too.

It's the same 10% on any estate that cause all the trouble.

Before anyone says "Well why don't the other 90% do something about it?" it's because the troublemakers all hang out together and act as single group whereas the 90% are mostly isolated individuals. The police seldom get involved either for fear of antagonising the disruptive minority.

Users who are viewing this thread