The Inbetweeners Movie (1 Viewer)

rob9872

I went to see the film tonight at the Showcase - years since I've been to the cinema. £15.20 just for me and the fkn wife! Guess I'm a tight wad but was expecting a tenner tops. Food a fkn rip-off too.

Film is worth a watch if you like childish purile humour (which I do :) ). A cross between American Pie and Kevin&Perry but with a few jokes in. Not laugh a minute like the series, but still some good moments.

Probably be another ten years before I go again though :)

bamalamafizzfazz

Went yesterday Rob and like you say it's not all that bad. I had expected it to be better than Kevin and Perry and it was if at times slightly similar.

My biggest bug bare is I think the soundtrack on the show is always quality and that was really lacking in the film but its good all the same.

Recommend all to see it at some point don't rush though if you're not bothered that much wait for the DVD.

Dan Griffin

I went, is your mobile on orange? Dunno if that cinema does it but orange Wednesday 2 for 1, so got in for 7.50 haha had to watch planet of the apes though inbetweeners was sold out :/ hoping to watch It next week

rob9872

On O2 but I go so infrequently its probably not worth it. I know quite a few people at work have talked about that, assume they all get packed on Wednesday though meaning you can't spread and slouch as much. Loves young dream that we are, we had a side row of four for just me and the mrs so we had room for snacks :)

rob9872

I went as well. Hilarious.

And as one of my mates drove us in a yellow Fiat Siecento, made the night even better ;)

Saw one of those in Tesco's afterwards and had to control my Tourettes so that I didn't shout "Bus Wankers"

Sky_Blue_Daz

Going to see it after work this afternoon

Sky_Blue_Daz

I went to see the film tonight at the Showcase - years since I've been to the cinema. £15.20 just for me and the fkn wife! Guess I'm a tight wad but was expecting a tenner tops. Food a fkn rip-off too.

Film is worth a watch if you like childish purile humour (which I do :) ). A cross between American Pie and Kevin&Perry but with a few jokes in. Not laugh a minute like the series, but still some good moments.

Probably be another ten years before I go again though :)
Imagine how much its gonna cost then Rob

Disorganised1

O2 do a discount of of 50% on Odeon tickets I think.

Nick

Administrator
Oh, I haven't seen it yet so can't comment but that is just like saying why bother going to see sequels as they are the same thing?

dutchman

Oh, I haven't seen it yet so can't comment but that is just like saying why bother going to see sequels as they are the same thing?

The original TV pilot was called "Baggy Trousers" so by my reckoning there have already been 18 sequels.

By the way Nick, I watched a couple of eps last night and thought they were hilarious but at no time did I think "I wish I could watch a 90 min version of this story on a cinema screen".

CovKingChris

Facebook User
at no time did I think "I wish I could watch a 90 min version of this story on a cinema screen".

I don't think anyone did. But when it came about after watching the series', it came as a breath of fresh air. it is completely different. New gags, emotions and much more. It is great and I would recommend it to anyone with a funny bone.

ccfc_Tom

Was better than i expected as the 3rd series wasn't quite as good as the first 2 so i thought movie wouldn't be amazing. Well worth a watch at the cinema.

Nick

Administrator
I went and saw it the other week.

I thought it was good up until they met the girls, after that it was so predictable.

flammablepiss

Facebook User
Saw it with my girlfriend. Was expecting it to be pretty terrible after how great the series had been. But all in all I wasn't disappointed :)... not as good as the series (as expected) but it was surprisingly funny! The whole love and girly emotional parts were predictable and let it down a bit but it i guess it was needed to make closure and reassure the fans that they don't intend on making sequels and continuing the series.

Covstu

it was a superb film, i did not think they could pull it off on the big screen but they did superbly!

Users who are viewing this thread