The Mascot Experience (1 Viewer)

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!
To follow on from Otis's positivity thread, here's my own commending the club on a brilliant experience for my boy as a mascot at the Forest Green Rovers match...

Arrived at 5.45 and met the other dads and boys (5 in total) in the Atrium. Shaun Pierce from the club met us and walked us through to the media centre, where we were based.

The boys got given 2 free programmes, laminated certificate and free gift (ccfc bag).

Shaun did warn us that we might not be able to see Mark Robins as there's less time for evening matches, but we did and MR was happy to sign autographs, pose for photos and answer questions (mainly about goalscoring...) for a few minutes.

Onto the changing rooms (Shaun made sure they were all decent...) next to meet the players. Without exception they were also happy to chat, sign autographs and pose for photos. Identical suits for all players, something MR had brought in for this season.

The boys then changed into their football boots and headed out with Shaun, a bag of balls and a couple of mini-goals for a kick-about on the grass off the pitch that is in front of the away fans (interestingly Shaun said the pitch had been made smaller as there wasn't usually that amount of grass to play on...). They must've have been playing for about 40 mins, showing off their football tricks and playing a 2 v 3 match supervised by Shaun.

Incidentally, the walls of the tunnel area are now adorned with Cov pics of players past and present including a huge one of the just the fans. Apparently MR had again asked for this and they'd only been put up a week before. I'll see if I can get a pic uploaded.

The kids waited for the players to line-up before heading out with their selected player, whilst us chaparones stood pitchside taking pics. Boys then posed with Sky Blue Sam, match officials and captains before sprinting off with a big grin.

We then watched the game from front of the West Stand. Even 90 mins of abysmal football didn't detract from the overall experience.

An official photographer had been taking pics of the boys throughout the evening and I gather these will be emailed to me.

All in all, the club couldn't have done more. Shaun is a qualified coach and was brilliant with the boys throughout. Explaining everything patiently and asking the boys questions to keep them engaged. All staff we met said hello to the boys and asked if they were enjoying themselves (even a couple of FGR players said hello and jokingly asked the boys who they thought were going to win)

And all this was free.

We felt very lucky to have been picked as a mascot and I hope others who get the chance this season have a similarly enjoyable experience :):emoji_thumbsup:

Nick

Administrator
Glad they enjoyed it despite the result!

Which players did they choose to go out with?

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!
Glad they enjoyed it despite the result!

Which players did they choose to go out with?
4 of the 5 chose JJ. They did paper/rocks/scissors to decide! Others were Doyle, Burge, Willis and the Duck I think. Shaun said it's been the same players picked this season and feels sorry for the other players who must think 'how come I never walk out with a mascot'!

Alkhen

sounds excellent, what age do you think would be a minimum age to handle what is required?

christonabike

Glad they had a great time. Imagine what could be achieved if we sign a decent long term deal at the Ricoh and start to perform on the pitch? The club seems to be making positive steps at last. Those days last forever when your a youngster meeting your heroes.
The only famous person ive ever met apart from footballers is Eddie Yates!:bored:

CJ_covblaze

Sounds great, credit where its due. Shame that a lot of clubs now charge for this, shouldn't just be down to who can afford it.

More importantly is 43 too old?

Do you think you can score more than McNulty? Forget being mascot, you can play upfront.

With regards to doing it FOC it’s something every club should. Well done to the club for that. Far too many use it to make an extra few quid.

Gazolba

To follow on from Otis's positivity thread, here's my own commending the club on a brilliant experience for my boy as a mascot at the Forest Green Rovers match...

Arrived at 5.45 and met the other dads and boys (5 in total) in the Atrium. <snip>

<snip>:)
So no girls. 50% of our potential customers.

steveo1987

Arrived at 5.45 and met the other dads and boys (5 in total) in the Atrium. Shaun Pierce from the club met us and walked us through to the media centre, where we were based.

The boys got given 2 free programmes, laminated certificate and free gift (ccfc bag).

Shaun did warn us that we might not be able to see Mark Robins as there's less time for evening matches, but we did and MR was happy to sign autographs, pose for photos and answer questions (mainly about goalscoring...) for a few minutes.

Onto the changing rooms (Shaun made sure they were all decent...) next to meet the players. Without exception they were also happy to chat, sign autographs and pose for photos. Identical suits for all players, something MR had brought in for this season.

The boys then changed into their football boots and headed out with Shaun, a bag of balls and a couple of mini-goals for a kick-about on the grass off the pitch that is in front of the away fans (interestingly Shaun said the pitch had been made smaller as there wasn't usually that amount of grass to play on...). They must've have been playing for about 40 mins, showing off their football tricks and playing a 2 v 3 match supervised by Shaun.

Incidentally, the walls of the tunnel area are now adorned with Cov pics of players past and present including a huge one of the just the fans. Apparently MR had again asked for this and they'd only been put up a week before. I'll see if I can get a pic uploaded.

The kids waited for the players to line-up before heading out with their selected player, whilst us chaparones stood pitchside taking pics. Boys then posed with Sky Blue Sam, match officials and captains before sprinting off with a big grin.

We then watched the game from front of the West Stand. Even 90 mins of abysmal football didn't detract from the overall experience.

An official photographer had been taking pics of the boys throughout the evening and I gather these will be emailed to me.

All in all, the club couldn't have done more. Shaun is a qualified coach and was brilliant with the boys throughout. Explaining everything patiently and asking the boys questions to keep them engaged. All staff we met said hello to the boys and asked if they were enjoying themselves (even a couple of FGR players said hello and jokingly asked the boys who they thought were going to win)

And all this was free.

We felt very lucky to have been picked as a mascot and I hope others who get the chance this season have a similarly enjoyable experience :):emoji_thumbsup:

We have done the mascot thing a few times now.The club bend over backwards to make it an occasion to remember.Hats
Off to CCFC as they are brilliant with the kids

Adge

Fair play to Shaun Pierce, had lots of dealings with him over the years, a decent chap, unlike others at Ccfc in the same field who are not. Has stuck it out at Cov when others have jumped ship(and who would blame them) and along with Dave Busst does lots for SBITC for very little in return.

rob9872

We're down for this too - I noticed even on a midweek night game that all 5 were in full kit. My daughter since she was 2-3 we've only bought the shirt, so looks like I might need to invest in the rest of it ... although she'll be moaning about the cold :)

steve82

And all this was free.

Sound like a great experience for the kids, the very future of the club.

Just told the lad about your experience and he's really looking forward to his day.

sky_blue_up_north

My grandson and granddaughter attended last season a brilliant day

Users who are viewing this thread