The night manager (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Anybody seen this? Is it worth a watch?

Otis

Anybody seen this? Is it worth a watch?
It's brilliant! I love it. Has a sort of James Bond feel to it in some ways, with the intrigue and the baddie and the sumptuous locations, but then it is really tense, fantastically well acted and well written.

Has fantastic reviews.

I would definitely recommend it.

Otis

I see Tom Hiddleston has now become hot favourite to take over the role as James Bond and watching him in this I think he would be perfect.

J

Jack Griffin

You would think Roper will not be in any sequel. But the door was left slightly ajar.

Otis

Excellent stuff! Really grips you and involves you, so you care what happens to the characters.

Was really rooting for Pine and Angela.

Apparently it cost £3m an episode to make. Sumptuous, engaging, brilliantly acted and surely going on to win a stack of awards, especially Hugh Laurie and Tom Hollander who was superb as Cochran.

Great series.

lifeskyblue

Excellent stuff! Really grips you and involves you, so you care what happens to the characters.

Was really rooting for Pine and Angela.

Apparently it cost £3m an episode to make. Sumptuous, engaging, brilliantly acted and surely going on to win a stack of awards, especially Hugh Laurie and Tom Hollander who was superb as Cochran.

Great series.

Absolutely. Corky and roper were superb. And hoping for second series

mrtrench

It's a Le Carré novel - so any sequel is going to have to rely on a BBC writer.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
I couldn't get into this after the first one.

Have considered going back to it as most people I speak to rate it. Just not sure if i can be bothered, as usually if I don't like something, I don't like something and no matter how many times I go back to it, i still don't like it

Otis

Have considered going back to it as most people I speak to rate it. Just not sure if i can be bothered, as usually if I don't like something, I don't like something and no matter how many times I go back to it, i still don't like it
Guess it might not be to everyone's taste, bit it really picks up once Hiddleston meets Hugh Laurie and Tom Hollander. That doesn't happen at all in the first one does it?

Think it is the 2nd or 3rd episode.

The first episode is more of a back story. The Cairo thing is only referenced back again much, much later on. It just explains Hiddleston's character's motivation.

Nick

Administrator

I couldn't with the first one, struggled through and I think the second one where it actually gets into spy stuff I liked it!

Users who are viewing this thread