The official NFL Thread (1 Viewer)

ajsccfc

Sorry no, it's no passing TDs rather than none at all. Couple of runs have got in, although two of those were late in the San Francisco game when it was done and dusted

stupot07

Just watching this weeks highlights Detroit vs Philadelphia was a cracking game!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Otis

The Chargers, Bronco's game was very good too.

Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk

CCFC88

Another battling win for the Redskins yesterday, sitting nice at 4-2, winnable game at Detroit next week before another 50/50 game at Wembley. After Wembley the next 5 look very lose-able, going through that stretch at 1-4 would be an acheviement! The run in looks more manageable than it did at the start of season.

The Eagles missing their primary right tackle hurt them yesterday and will continue to make life difficult for Wentz if not sorted quickly.

Dallas look the real deal, interesting couple of weeks coming up as Romo is expected to be fit for their next game in week 8, surely you don't break up a winning formula, I hope they do though.

IrishSkyBlue

Facebook User
delighted dolphins on 3 game winning streak and hawks did us a fav by beating the bills too ha, pats are running away with it this year good see raiders doing well also!

ajsccfc

Wasn't expecting to win at New England last night. From the remaining games playing at Green Bay would normally be a defeat but if they keep going like they are, I'm getting a good feeling about this year again.

CCFC88

Things are looking up for the Redskins playoff hopes, the NFC East and AFC West both hot this season. We have Packers at home followed by a tough @Dallas then @Arizona, come out of that 1-2 and we are still in the hunt, 2-1 and I definitely fancy our chances of a wildcard spot.

I hoped @Pittsburgh would have upset the Cowboys applecart last night but they looked destined to run away with the division leaving 3 very similar teams to fight for the scraps.

Otis

Things are looking up for the Redskins playoff hopes, the NFC East and AFC West both hot this season. We have Packers at home followed by a tough @Dallas then @Arizona, come out of that 1-2 and we are still in the hunt, 2-1 and I definitely fancy our chances of a wildcard spot.

I hoped @Pittsburgh would have upset the Cowboys applecart last night but they looked destined to run away with the division leaving 3 very similar teams to fight for the scraps.
Pittsburgh very nearly did beat the Cowboys though last night. Very tight contest.

Maybe the Redskins are just playing Green Bay at the right time. Very dangerous team still of course and Rodgers is right up there with the best QB's of the modern era, but with a few defeats and a trouncing, maybe there confidence is dented.

Where was Matt Jones last night? Injured again? I see Kelley did really well in his absence, but I like to see the pair of them in tandem.

CCFC88

Pittsburgh very nearly did beat the Cowboys though last night. Very tight contest.

Maybe the Redskins are just playing Green Bay at the right time. Very dangerous team still of course and Rodgers is right up there with the best QB's of the modern era, but with a few defeats and a trouncing, maybe there confidence is dented.

Where was Matt Jones last night? Injured again? I see Kelley did really well in his absence, but I like to see the pair of them in tandem.

Matt jones was injured and came off a bad game at Detroit (2 fumbles IIRC, one inside the 5 yard line) so lost his place. Kelley went well at Wembley and again yesterday so the starters spot appears to be his now with Chris Thompson coming in to share the workload.

The last gasp Detroit touchdown and the Hopkins missed field goal in OT against the Bengals are difference between a 7-2 & a 5-3-1 record.

I think we will beat the Packers, offence is working as well as it has all season and against a Packers team that just gave up 40+ points to the titans I think they are there for the taking. The real problem comes on the Thursday when we go to Dallas on thanksgivings day having played late on the Sunday.

CCFC88

The tight end pairing of Reed and Davis along with how Cousins likes to throw the ball is as good as any in the league right now

Otis

Matt jones was injured and came off a bad game at Detroit (2 fumbles IIRC, one inside the 5 yard line) so lost his place. Kelley went well at Wembley and again yesterday so the starters spot appears to be his now with Chris Thompson coming in to share the workload.

The last gasp Detroit touchdown and the Hopkins missed field goal in OT against the Bengals are difference between a 7-2 & a 5-3-1 record.

I think we will beat the Packers, offence is working as well as it has all season and against a Packers team that just gave up 40+ points to the titans I think they are there for the taking. The real problem comes on the Thursday when we go to Dallas on thanksgivings day having played late on the Sunday.
Yeah, I noticed that in the schedules a couple of weeks back. Which clever person came up with that?

That's very little recovery time at all.

Dallas - Washington is always one of the biggest rivalries in the NFL.

As for Thompson, I am not sure on him. I much prefer Jones, but he has had a couple of fumbles lately. Thompson had one of his own last night too mind.

I see Desean Jackson was missing too last night. He gives that extra bit of pace to the wide reciever role. Garçon is very good, but doesn't have any blistering pace. Reed and Davis are working a treat though and Jamieson Crowder has been sensational this season.

Really nice to see the defence perform well too against Minnesota. Their rushing yard stats were incredibly low.

If the Skins can keep getting a good balance between their run and pass they are going to do well I think.

Arizona are coming up, but they are not the team of the past couple of years or so.

IrishSkyBlue

Facebook User
that run by elliot tho against the steelers ever since we beat the steelers 4 games ago they been on a bad run, the packers arent in the best place right now but could def bounce back next game, weve got the lions next, people were saying we would lose to the chargers which we nearly did with all those stupid penalties we gave away but i against the lions im not sure very interesting game it will be.

Otis

that run by elliot tho against the steelers ever since we beat the steelers 4 games ago they been on a bad run, the packers arent in the best place right now but could def bounce back next game, weve got the lions next, people were saying we would lose to the chargers which we nearly did with all those stupid penalties we gave away but i against the lions im not sure very interesting game it will be.
The Lions every season seem to be an anomaly. Sometimes they are brilliant, but then they suddenly flatter to deceive.

Not sure on the Superbowl finalists this year, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was Oakland v Dallas.

Dallas have a knack of cocking it up though. Giants should be a lot better than they have been and have been surprised by Carolina. Thought they would be right up there again.

mark82

The Lions every season seem to be an anomaly. Sometimes they are brilliant, but then they suddenly flatter to deceive.

Not sure on the Superbowl finalists this year, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was Oakland v Dallas.

Dallas have a knack of cocking it up though. Giants should be a lot better than they have been and have been surprised by Carolina. Thought they would be right up there again.

Dallas - Oakland would make for a great superbowl. Still think the Pats are AFC favourites.

CCFC88

Big, big win for the Redskins last night, takes a bit of pressure off a very tough game in Dallas on Thursday, the way the two offences are playing at the moment it could be a shootout.

Buried the ghost of last seasons wildcard defeat in the same fixture with an exclamation mark, struggling to keep my eyes open at my desk today though!

Otis

Big, big win for the Redskins last night, takes a bit of pressure off a very tough game in Dallas on Thursday, the way the two offences are playing at the moment it could be a shootout.

Buried the ghost of last seasons wildcard defeat in the same fixture with an exclamation mark, struggling to keep my eyes open at my desk today though!

I didn't watch it live and got up at 4.30 to watch.

Bloody annoying how the commentators kept fixating on Green Bay's injury problems. Making excuses.

That was a very strong wind and Cousins and the Skins offence were fantastic playing into it and against it.

Brilliant day all round. Running game was good, passing game was good and Cousins was bang on the money all night long.

Going to be very tough on Thursday night mind. Prescott seems to do no wrong and Elliot at running back has been outstanding.

Just hope we can make a fist of it and hang in there, keep it close, then you never know.

CCFC88

Dallas have to be due a loss, Ravens gave them a game yesterday, Steelers went toe to toe and only just missed out, if it was Sunday I would give us a better shout but I think the real short week will hurt, especially in a road game. The defence is improving and the turnovers have been halted between Cousins/Kelley.

It's just great to see them competing and having a genuine shot at victory going into most games. Having only really started following at the (very short) peak of RG3it has been mainly disappointing but since the halfway point of last season it has been a very welcome diversion to the City's form.

Otis

I am enjoying the Redskins a lot more than I am enjoying the City for sure.

I find American football so edge of the seat, so was applauding every touchdown and the interception very wildly!!

Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk

Otis

I wonder if the fact that the Redskins have 4 games on the road and only 2 at home will be a hindrance or not.

Schedule doesn't look that bad after Dallas. Arizona are not the team they were last season and then there is the Giants and Eagles and the Panthers and Bears.
Panthers is at Fedex Field, so that I think increases the Skins chances and the Bears are not having a good season.

A win at Dallas would really improve the chances of a play-off place greatly.

CCFC88

I think 9-6-1 would get us a wildcard place so 3 wins from the remaining 6. I would however fancy us to win both our home games (beating NY would be sweet on the final day), away at Chicago, Arizona, Philadelphia is a toss up and Dallas is a 1 in 8 chance I'd say.

The Dallas game looked daunting a couple of weeks ago but after the last 2 wins I think the pressure is off us, we can afford to lose that, on the upside after that we have a week and a half to get ready for the Cardinals!

Very excited for Thursday!

IrishSkyBlue

Facebook User
tannehill pulled it outta the bag last quarter for us against the rams 14-10 win thats 5 in a row never thought id see us go 5 in a row for long time and with 49rs next it should be 6, maybe wildcard place im not sure but we keep winning its possible!

Otis

tannehill pulled it outta the bag last quarter for us against the rams 14-10 win thats 5 in a row never thought id see us go 5 in a row for long time and with 49rs next it should be 6, maybe wildcard place im not sure but we keep winning its possible!
Rams seemed to have that game all wrapped up.

What's your run in like?

IrishSkyBlue

Facebook User
its not too bad run in, i dont think well beat cardinals or the pats the ravens game can go either way but with dolphins you just dont know what your gonna get were getting ugly wins and alot stupid penalties but maybe wildcard im not sure, im going to try go to the bills game in buffalo dec 24th im in toronto so hopefully i can get to my first game!

Sun, Nov 27
vs
ku3s7M4k5KMagYcFTCie_g_56x42.png
49ers
1:00 PM

Sun, Dec 4
@
1vlEqqoyb9uTqBYiBeNH-w_56x42.png
Ravens

Sun, Dec 11
vs
5Mh3xcc8uAsxAi3WZvfEyQ_56x42.png
Cardinals

Sat, Dec 17
@
Rb4y9m3hkTcYVmdl10geqw_56x42.png
Jets
8:25 PM

Sat, Dec 24
@
_RMCkIDTISqCPcSoEvRDhg_56x42.png
Bills

Sun, Jan 1
vs
z89hPEH9DZbpIYmF72gSaw_56x42.png
Patriots

Otis

Good luck with that. :)

You also don't know what you are going to get with the Bills either, so that one could go either way too.

ajsccfc

Doug Baldwin was so appalled at the idea of him being on that end of a pass he directed this to the offense coordinator just before the snap:

x3zwrjuhppfk3xbijjpc.jpg

ajsccfc

Ah does it not allow embedding? Bah.

Trick play, Wilson tosses to Baldwin who then throws back to Wilson to take it home. First time in team history a QB has a receiving touchdown apparently

Found a gif:
rss.0.gif

Otis

Think the Skins are now going to get whupped. :(

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Otis

Definitely a whupping!

11 point deficit might not seem that much at half time, but no touchdowns, unable to stop the Dallas offence and Reid seemingly out.

All conspiring against Washington.

And. ....... bloody sun!!!!!! ;)

Last edited:

Otis

Never ever going to win that. Once Dallas were in front that was pretty much it. Cousins moving the ball down field with ease and throwing for nearly 450 yards, but the Washington defence were just simply unable to stop Dallas moving the ball at ease too.

Valiant effort, but Dallas are definitely the stronger side this year. Missed FG's were a killer too.

Hopkins cost wins twice now in just a a matter of weeks.

Pluses? Obviously, Cousins, the magnificent Jordan Reid and Crowder.

That sun issue is absolutely ridiculous.

Guess they won't do owt about it until it effects the Cowboys one day.

ajsccfc

One of the rare occasions a sportsman can thank God for the help and actually have it make sense.

Users who are viewing this thread