The official NFL Thread (1 Viewer)

Liquid Gold

It would be great for your morale if you dropped/missed a pass and your QB acted like a little bitch. Cousins thinks he's better than Washington. I'd like to see how he's going to get a better unit around him with the salary cap hit wants a team to take.

Liquid Gold

He's interception happy today isn't he!
It's not just that, he has the look of a man who believes he's not at fault for anything. He's not a bad QB but I hope he goes this off season and continues to be average elsewhere to prove something to himself. The man has great stats but he never pulls a win together on his own.

Liquid Gold

Just then. 3rd down, need to get past the markers, throws it short to Crowder who has to go back and low to catch it and then storms off the pitch looking like someone's pissed in his lemonade.

ajsccfc

First year without a play-off appearance for a long time confirmed. Wilson was amazing but in the end it was bad luck with injuries that made it all too much. Not the several players ruled out, but the fact that Blair Walsh didn't break his leg.

Liquid Gold

Titans @ Chiefs - Cheifs, don't know how Titans even made playoffs, the AFC is weak beyond the Steelers and Pats

Bills @ Jaguars - Jags, I think this one will be tight but I'm hoping Jags pull if off, they've been quietly impressive this year - even with Bortles

Falcons @ Rams - Falcons, I think the Rams have been the better team this year but I don't know how Jarred Goff and Sean McVey will stand up to playoff football.

Panters @ Saints - Sants, unless Cam Newton pulls off something special then I think the Saints should be safe in this one.

What you all thinking?

ajsccfc

If Cam Newton has a proper winning mentality he'll want to make up for whatever the hell he was doing last week but I'd go with the same picks as you bar maybe the Rams edging their game.

Now I've got no stake in the outcome I'm rooting for the Bills all the way, which probably won't be very long

Otis

Yeah, got a sneaky suspicion that the Rams will win out in that one.

Would agree on all the others.

skybluebeast

Agree with all your selections. Think Falcons win, as long as our D turns up they will keep us in the game. I just hope our Offence turn up to take the game. I want us to keep on top of Gurley and out the game in Goff’s hands, think that’s where he will struggle.
Jags are the dark horses of the AFC for me, it’s whether they can pull off a win in Pittsburgh.

ajsccfc

At 21-3 I switched over as it was a foregone conclusion too, just glad I switched back to check what kind of cricket score Kansas led by.

Looking forward to today's games, after yesterday I'm not ruling out anything. Mon the Bills

tisza

watched the Alabama Georgia game. And the 2 "semis". The whole thing from the crowds to the whole scale of the playing set-ups to the "professionalism" of these kids in pretty incredible.

Otis

watched the Alabama Georgia game. And the 2 "semis". The whole thing from the crowds to the whole scale of the playing set-ups to the "professionalism" of these kids in pretty incredible.
Must find time to watch college football. Never get round to it.

tisza

Must find time to watch college football. Never get round to it.
lot of mismatches but when the top sides play each other can get some seriously good games.

also notable how each season more and more drafted players are starting straight away indicating how high the standard has become.

Otis

So, prediction for Superbowl matchup.

I am thinking

Minnesota v Pittsburgh (or possibly NE, but for me they just don't look the same powerhouse as in previous seasons)

This weekend:

Think Minnesota will beat New Orleans, though I do think if the Saints win through that one they could go on to win the whole thing.

The Falcons to beat Philadelphia

NE to beat Tennessee

Pittsburgh to have too much for the Jags (think the Jags need to ditch Bortles. I think a better QB there and they could be the best side in the league.

Final 4

NE v Pittsburgh
Minnesota v Atlanta

covcity4life

falcons vs pats 2 is on

this time its personal

however i am fine with anyone of saints,eagles or falcons winning it. wouldnt mind jags but cannot see them beating steelers

Liquid Gold

Falcons @ Eagles - Falcons. Again I just think they have that playoff experience, Foles isn't good enough and we cant have 2 Jeff Fisher surviver QBs being outstanding this year. My only doubt is if the weather is bad in Philly with the Falcons being an indoor team.

Titas@ Patriots - Pats. How are the titans still in, Pats should be able to beat them easy.

Jaguars @ Steelers - Steelers. I like this Jags team doing well even with Bortles but I cant see them getting past a good Steelers team.

Saints @ Vikings - ?????. This has all the ingredients of a game of the season. 2 teams with an excellent record who like to score points. I want Keenum to do well (and have a strange feeling we might see him in burgundy and gold next year) but Brees has been on fire recently. If pushed I'd say Vikings as their defence is better but cannot wait to watch this game

ajsccfc

Falcons, Patriots, Steelers and Vikings for this round, Steelers-Vikings to end the whole lot. I didn't realise that if Minnesota makes it they'll be the first team to play in the Super Bowl at their own ground

tisza

Really think Vikings will go all the way - if Offensive Line stays healthy.
Run defence will take care of Saints & Falcons - already done it twice this season.
Wouldn't fancy playing the Steelers again although was Keenum's 1st start. But think Pats will beat the Steelers anyway.

Otis

Really think Vikings will go all the way - if Offensive Line stays healthy.
Run defence will take care of Saints & Falcons - already done it twice this season.
Wouldn't fancy playing the Steelers again although was Keenum's 1st start. But think Pats will beat the Steelers anyway.
NE never cease to amaze you. They get written off and somehow produce the goods.

A matchup between them would be at Foxborough wouldn't it? Think the Pats have home field advantage throughout don't they?

Liquid Gold

NE never cease to amaze you. They get written off and somehow produce the goods.

A matchup between them would be at Foxborough wouldn't it? Think the Pats have home field advantage throughout don't they?
Yep, and I understand Tomlin has never won at the Gillette. Pats are going to win it again I fear.

Liquid Gold

I hope!!! ;)
Can't stand the Patriots. Every decision goes their way. Kraft, Belichick and Brady are all Trump supporting bastards. They even cheat and get away with it (deflate gate). They would never have got near this many super bowls as an NFC team. I don't know why you like them.

Liquid Gold

"The TB12 method"
giphy.gif

Otis

Can't stand the Patriots. Every decision goes their way. Kraft, Belichick and Brady are all Trump supporting bastards. They even cheat and get away with it (deflate gate). They would never have got near this many super bowls as an NFC team. I don't know why you like them.
Skins were the first team I ever saw play on TV, watching the NFL for the very first time back in 1985 I think it was.

I adopted them immediately, even though they lost the game and the second matchup I ever saw involved the NE Pats and I immediately adopted them as my second team, again way back in 1985, so I am guessing, pre Brady, pre Trump, pre Belichick pre deflategate and pre Kraft. ;)

Liquid Gold

Skins were the first team I ever saw play on TV, watching the NFL for the very first time back in 1985 I think it was.

I adopted them immediately, even though they lost the game and the second matchup I ever saw involved the NE Pats and I immediately adopted them as my second team, again way back in 1985, so I am guessing, pre Brady, pre Trump, pre Belichick pre deflategate and pre Kraft. ;)
Fair enough. Makes more sense. How did you get turned on to the skins then?

Otis

Fair enough. Makes more sense. How did you get turned on to the skins then?
Just remember them playing exciting football, with long bombs being thrown and wide receivers catching deep.

Immediately warmed to them even though they went on to lose.

Think I also really like the Green Bay Packers too, until I saw fans with cheese on their heads. I then quickly backed out the door and switched the light off.

Users who are viewing this thread